• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

D23

Thanks for the nice comments. I know results pics really helped me, so I'm glad I can help now. I'm still into the P90X routine, but I've implemented Insanity in there too. Every time I think I have a real routine to follow I think of something else that might work would better. So, for now at least I'm just winging it with mixing them up.

Also, yeah I wasn't in terrible shape when I first started out but I really needed someone to tell me exactly what to do to get to the next step with my fitness. P90X is definitely what put me over the line I was trying to cross.

nice results man, how many calories r u taking in a day?

Ixian

Nice work Foote!

Recovery week (aka Insanity week) for me. Gonna be in the upper 90's around here. I'm gonna sweat like a pig.
I can't work out without a fan blowing directly on me; way too much sweat generation otherwise.

Today is my day off/X-Stretch day before I start week four, think I'm going to do Insanity Max Interval Sports Training instead just to see how bad my stamina's gotten.

owlbeak

Just finished day 1 of P90X. This will be my second time. I did P90X in 2009, made it to day 72 when I started having debilitating migraines. Though I have lost my pull up bar when I moved, so I swapped out Shoulders and Arms for today + Ab Ripper and will get a new bar tomorrow.

Fed up with myself lately. I had stopped taking antidepressants in the fall and have since packed on about 15 horrible pounds. >:[ It stops today. I'm up around ~180-183 instead of my usual 165 or so. P90X worked really great for me last time I did it, lost a lot of weight, looked really good. Looking forward to that feeling again instead of being embarrassed to leave the house. :\

Wish me luck!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just finished day 1 of P90X. This will be my second time. I did P90X in 2009, made it to day 72 when I started having debilitating migraines. Though I have lost my pull up bar when I moved, so I swapped out Shoulders and Arms for today + Ab Ripper and will get a new bar tomorrow.

Fed up with myself lately. I had stopped taking antidepressants in the fall and have since packed on about 15 horrible pounds. >:[ It stops today. I'm up around ~180-183 instead of my usual 165 or so. P90X worked really great for me last time I did it, lost a lot of weight, looked really good. Looking forward to that feeling again instead of being embarrassed to leave the house. :\

Wish me luck!
Good luck! Never leave this thread, seriously.

Just finished my favorite workout. Not a total disaster. Though I was a bit too much of a hero for during plank to chatauranga run and the bonus round. Having a little trouble catching my breath after the cool down (I'm congested) :( But didn't completely bonk. Dat burn!

FOOTE

Thanks again to everyone for the nice comments.
nice results man, how many calories r u taking in a day?
Right now I'm taking in roughly 2500 calories a day.

Somehow I managed to get in all of my workouts this weekend. Nature hike on Saturday, baseball game on Sunday, and Six Flags today... The key for me was to get them in bright and early so I don't skip them later. Loads more excitement than I'm normally accustomed to on a weekend. I'm going to be dead tired at my desk tomorrow at work. :lol

LaneDS

Hiked 9.18 miles over six hours today (did Old Rag in VA if anyone is familiar) and debating if I should do chest and back tonight. Presently exhausted. Opinions?

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Man, didn't even know there was a P90X thread. I must be blind.

Starting tomorrow I have my recovery week of Phase 2. We'll see how my core is doing. I can't believe how much progress I've made already. I've got a six pack under there somewhere, I can feel how hard it is. It's still protected by my 1 pack though.

I'll wait until I'm done round 1 of the program before I post pictures. I've already dropped down from 172 to 151 already. Hopefully I don't drop down much more though, I think 150 is perfect, just want to get cut.

Its amazing how much of a difference two months can make. I hated chest and back that first day but now it's one of my favs. Love those pushups and pullups. Lol. Would have never believed I'd ever say that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thought you were always around that level, aka phase 2 level 2?
No way, maybe you're thinking of someone else? I've been staying basically in Fat Shredder the whole time and even now not even really level 3. Losing weight was one of my primary goals this time around and it was very successful in that vein, but I'll rarely even come close to 2000 in a given day.

I'm going to be focusing on putting on muscle and bulking up with whatever I do next, so I'll get to up that considerably :)

Bradlums

Just got done with the first core synergistics workout of week 4 and holy crap is it awesome. It flew by and I felt completely beat by the end! so much for weeks 4,8, and 13 being rest weeks :p

LaneDS

Ended up saying screw it and went and did chest & back despite how tired I was. Brought it as best I could and feel really good about it. Skipped ab ripper, but I think six hours of hiking is more than an ok substitute for sixteen minutes of me cursing at the TV.

"Final" three weeks started today. X2 after?

Ended up saying screw it and went and did chest & back despite how tired I was. Brought it as best I could and feel really good about it. Skipped ab ripper, but I think six hours of hiking is more than an ok substitute for sixteen minutes of me cursing at the TV.

X2 is a good next step, if you have the funds.

LaneDS

X2 is a good next step, if you have the funds.

Opinions on foam versus rumble roller? Looks like I'll just buy the cheap package and get the roller + stability ball + medicine balls separately, since the ultimate X2 package is way pricey. I use the "perfect pushup" device for my push up stands and am guessing I can skip the PowerStands too.

Opinions on foam versus rumble roller? Looks like I'll just buy the cheap package and get the roller + stability ball + medicine balls separately, since the ultimate X2 package is way pricey. I use the "perfect pushup" device for my push up stands and am guessing I can skip the PowerStands too.

I just got an $18 dollar foam roller off Amazon. Works great. I couldn't justify spending that much on the rumble roller.

Here's what you have to look forward to :)

LaneDS

I just got an $18 dollar foam roller off Amazon. Works great. I couldn't justify spending that much on the rumble roller.

Here's what you have to look forward to :)

Ha, I still have a ways to go before I even look like his before shots, and I'm pretty convinced I'll never have much of a vertical jump, but the results there are impressive. Might need a new apartment if X2 is more jump heavy than X1 since I feel guilty enough as is jumping around. Those medicine ball pushups look fantastic (and difficult), and I'm eager to try them.

On my hike today, I felt like goddamn Spiderman during the rock scramble and could really feel the past 70 days of work in action. Did the same hike a year and a half ago and found it very difficult and today I dominated it... a good feeling, for sure.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

If you want to keep losing weight, X2 is incredible, plus it will increase your flexibility and overall fitness even more than X1.

Korosenai

I know this is the p90x thread, but i'm gonna be starting rushfit tomorrow, and then p90x once i've completed it.

I did both last year (got halfway through p90x), started on January 1st, and lost 25 pounds. But since then all I do is run a couple miles a week, and i've gotten in pretty bad shape again. Hopefully i can dedicate myself through it this time.

It's not a big deal, but if you can, see if you can play with the medicine ball first in person. I just bought 2 of Valero's 8lb. They are fine, but if you ever play basketball you'd know the difference in texture in terms of a cheap basketball that has hard surface (Valero) and an indoor premium one (Beachbody). World of difference on your hands

Pick a good stability ball too. This and the medicine balls are really the core of the workouts. Any weights and push-ups you will be doing (so far in phase 1 + 2, I could be wrong) are all with those two equipments.

I love the Powerstands, but it really hasn't been used so far, and I am in phase 2.

As with the roller, yeah I can't justify the price either on the rumble roller. I bought it, it's incredible, but...so far only Tony uses the rumble roller in the DVDs, everyone else uses the foam roller

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How dare he invent such painful scissors :(

Technically I have no more ARX this round. Feels weird.

I also just noticed looking over the schedule that the final Recovery week throws out Core Syn the second time in favor of Cardio X, what is up with that? Does anybody know?

I also just noticed looking over the schedule that the final Recovery week throws out Core Syn the second time in favor of Cardio X, what is up with that? Does anybody know?

I never understood that. I just did Core Syn like usual.

I never noticed it so I did core as well

Started petering out during workouts, and now it barely picks up anything at all.

If it registers a heart rate, it's only intermittent. I've only had it for about a month.

Hmm, it's probably a dud. Mine works great and I've had it for awhile now. You got it through amazon right? I'd talk to them about it. They're pretty good about that stuff.

So this is perhaps a stupid question, but I am in good shape but do not have a TON of muscle. I was planning on going to the gym all summer to get a bit bigger, but now I am really interested in trying P90X.

If I do P90X am I going to actually get bigger? Or is it more of a toning type thing?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
So this is perhaps a stupid question, but I am in good shape but do not have a TON of muscle. I was planning on going to the gym all summer to get a bit bigger, but now I am really interested in trying P90X.

If I do P90X am I going to actually get bigger? Or is it more of a toning type thing?

You can modify P90x to gain mass, but it is more of a "sculpting, fitness improving program" to get ripped.

You are gonna have to eat a LOT if you want to gain mass too.

I'm putting on weight during this go of P90X. Diet plays a big part, I'm taking in a lot of protein. It's a slow gain. You will definitely have an easier time bulking by doing a regular gym routine.

Well I've had a rocky time of it and had to restart a few weeks, but it looks like I will complete P90X next week, right before I leave for Spain for the summer.

Overall it's been a hell of an experience. I've had people who hadn't seen me in a while compliment me on my improved physique; I feel more durable and flexible; my stamina has increased tremendously. It's also astounding how much more attainable Ab Ripper X is now, compared to that first day when I was trying my hardest to keep up with the video, and failing miserably. Now I can do all the hard versions of all the moves, all the way through :)

Thanks for everyone who posted in here and emboldened me to keep going, even when I didn't want to. You guys are awesome! :)

LaneDS

If you want to keep losing weight, X2 is incredible, plus it will increase your flexibility and overall fitness even more than X1.

This really excites me. P90X has only lost me approximately 10 lbs in 70+ days, but I've gained a lot of muscle (high amounts of protein daily), but as someone who is a broadly built 5'8", I'd like to be quite a bit south of the 195 or so I currently am. Losing weight is still what I'd like most, I think.

Good job ThLunarian!

This really excites me. P90X has only lost me approximately 10 lbs in 70+ days, but I've gained a lot of muscle (high amounts of protein daily), but as someone who is a broadly built 5'8", I'd like to be quite a bit south of the 195 or so I currently am. Losing weight is still what I'd like most, I think.

Why not try Insanity? Apartment living?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A stupid cold has been killing me for 4 days, and I haven't worked out because of that. I feel awful :(
Right there with you bro. Been struggling through the workouts and only skipped one outright but it's just not the same. Come on motherfucking immune system!

Congrats Lunarian! I love the feeling of running into people I haven't seen in months too.

Top Bottom