• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

embalm

Insanity friends,

I'm a few days from the recovery week and noticed that it's the same workout every day. Did you guys stick to it? Anyone cut it short or sub out other work outs?

I'm already slightly editing the workout, I add p90x shoulders and arms each week, so modification is fine with me.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Insanity friends,

I'm a few days from the recovery week and noticed that it's the same workout every day. Did you guys stick to it? Anyone cut it short or sub out other work outs?

I'm already slightly editing the workout, I add p90x shoulders and arms each week, so modification is fine with me.

I'd stick with it. It's about to get real next week.

But I didn't do it again after recovery week -- I substituted in Max Interval Sports Training where Core Cardio & Balance are scheduled during Month 2.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yup, exactly why I said it. X2 Yoga is an exception. Even Tony himself has given the ok on subbing that in for Yoga X. Because people will flat out not do it. It's a good alternative to have.
I knew it!

Jeeez those 120 day results are outrageous. I wonder if I'll ever get to 7% body fat... holy shit.

Tweaked my knee during legs and back somehow last night :( Bout to do X Stretch and then I'll ice it a bit... any other recommendations? I thought it was totally fine after the workout but was in a bit of pain during ARX today.

LaneDS

Jeeez those 120 day results are outrageous. I wonder if I'll ever get to 7% body fat... holy shit.

Of course you'll get to 7% body fat, if that's your goal.

As an aside, I am mostly concerned with my day 365 photos... I want to be unrecognizable in the best way possible.

You should post some pictures when you can. Your initial day 1/day 90/day 150 results are one of the big reasons I decided to start on the program, so I'd be curious to see what finishing out X2 and Insanity did for you.

This quote made my day :D

Will do, just gonna finish up Asylum and then ill take more pics.

Just went out for a meal with friends. Chocolate brownie caught my eyes. GOD DAMN it was good...... Regret!

LaneDS

This quote made my day :D

Will do, just gonna finish up Asylum and then ill take more pics.

Just went out for a meal with friends. Chocolate brownie caught my eyes. GOD DAMN it was good...... Regret!

Ha, glad to provide and thanks in return! I remember showing a number of officemates the thread and would scroll down saying "this is what this guy looked like at day 1" then scroll down to show them day 90 and day 150, and people were like "damn". I'd imagine my roommate (who I also work with) would probably cite your post as one of the factors that convinced him to try it (my zeal for the program probably helps).

With all that said, I hope eventually some of my before/after photos will have a similar effect for other people on the fence in these threads.

Soon after work, first attempt vs. Total Body and ARX2; watched some of the workout for Total Body last night and am excited to use the Powerblocks for the first time and try out some of the medicine ball push-ups.

Ha, glad to provide and thanks in return! I remember showing a number of officemates the thread and would scroll down saying "this is what this guy looked like at day 1" then scroll down to show them day 90 and day 150, and people were like "damn". I'd imagine my roommate (who I also work with) would probably cite your post as one of the factors that convinced him to try it (my zeal for the program probably helps).

With all that said, I hope eventually some of my before/after photos will have a similar effect for other people on the fence in these threads.

Soon after work, first attempt vs. Total Body and ARX2; watched some of the workout for Total Body last night and am excited to use the Powerblocks for the first time and try out some of the medicine ball push-ups.

Let us know how does push-up side balance go for you :)

:)

Im glad it inspired someone. None of my friends seemed bothered.

I found all of X2 fun to do. There wasn't one where i felt "Not that again".

I think im gonna do a P90X/2/Insanity hybrid after this, focusing on bulk.

Btw just piggybacking yesterday's conversation about this thread...I tried to look at Beachbody's too but it's just not the same. I feel we are very focused, supportive, and more or less know where everyone's at. The Beachbody board is kind of chaotic and way too many coaches for my taste

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Btw just piggybacking yesterday's conversation about this thread...I tried to look at Beachbody's too but it's just not the same. I feel we are very focused, supportive, and more or less know where everyone's at. The Beachbody board is kind of chaotic and way too many coaches for my taste

I am in a group on the TeamBeachbody forums, in a year-long quest (P90, Insanity, P90X, Asylum, P90X2). A lot of people have dropped out, but there's still a group of us doing it. We make accountability posts daily (well, some folks post every few days) and our coach comes & goes, but it's great having a group to go through it with.

This thread is great but everyone's at a different point, so I don't feel the need to make accountability posts, just join in the chat now & then.

The best way to use the TeamBeachbody forums is to find a group that's starting when you start and go through it with them.

Ixian

I'd love to sync up with a group from here, but I'm currently on day 45 and would like to finish at least one full round of P90X so restarting right now isn't desirable. I am planning on doing another round of the original P90X right after with some adjustments to my macros (getting more carbs and less fats on my resistance days) before I hit P90X2, so maybe that will line up close enough with others' schedules to set something up.

Ixian

Do you guys have Fitocracy accounts? There's a NeoGAF group there, but we can all track each other and just keep everyone motivated to continue.
I looked into it, but setting up P90X workouts seemed tedious as shit, plus I'm already logging stuff in a Google Doc, the P90X iPhone app, and MyFitnessPal.

I looked into it, but setting up P90X workouts seemed tedious as shit, plus I'm already logging stuff in a Google Doc, the P90X iPhone app, and MyFitnessPal.

You can save up to 4-5 routines and there's a thread on the forums to log them. Once you finish a workout, click on the routine, and boom, save it and go for it.

I'm known as Darth_Revan on there so feel free to look me up sometime.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Did Legs & Back in my 89 degree bedroom tonight. Ugh. First full day of summer and I'm already dreaming of winter.

For those of you that use myfitness pal, is there a good way of adding the P90X weight lifting stuff? I did total body plus today which is more of a core snyergistic work out...I ended up just adding it as a cardio work out and put in the amount of calories burned according to my heart rate monitor. I'm thinking in reality I don't need to do much more since I already track weight/reps in a spreadsheet so I know when to move up in weights/reps

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It's 90 mins long, average length of a short movie. A regular resistance exercise is 75 mins with Ab ripper, only if you do it non-stop. It's really not that long

I work full time and had school part time when I did p90x

I just find it a bit funny that for a program that has "no excuses!" as one of its mottos, there are so many from different people for different things

But it's also up to really why we are doing this in the first place. There was guy early in the thread - he had really crazy results, so good he should be in the infomercial for p90x - he didn't do yoga. He didn't find it helpful at all

So if all you want is to look good or be satisfied with that kind of change- more power to you

I'm the opposite. I really believe yoga is essential to the program. Okay, even Tony okays the switch to X2 yoga. But nevertheless, I always believe that it is worth exploring our own resistances rather than finding easier substitute
fair enough, I actually liked yoga and never skipped. but it's real long. sounds like x2 is a condensed version which I'd give a try though.

Ixian

For those of you that use myfitness pal, is there a good way of adding the P90X weight lifting stuff? I did total body plus today which is more of a core snyergistic work out...I ended up just adding it as a cardio work out and put in the amount of calories burned according to my heart rate monitor. I'm thinking in reality I don't need to do much more since I already track weight/reps in a spreadsheet so I know when to move up in weights/reps
I pretty much do what you describe. I'm not really super anal about my tracking, I mostly use the act of tracking itself as a motivational tool.

LaneDS

Total Body and ARX2 down. Took about two hours to get them both done since there were a lot of moves that were either difficult or took some getting used to. Asked the roommate to take a video of me trying the crunchy lever pull-ups, but I think it felt more impressive than it actually looked (did about six both times).

BM- the push-up side arm balance move on the medicine balls was great, although I totally missed how you're supposed to position your feet sideways at first which made it seemingly impossible (I was stacking my feet and trying to go into side arm balance... redonk).

Drank nearly three 24 oz bottles of water in the span of the workout, and felt suitably wrecked by the end. Sort of phoned in ARX2 but tried to get a feel for the moves; I think I'll like it better than ARX since it seems to be less painful on the lower back.

fair enough, I actually liked yoga and never skipped. but it's real long. sounds like x2 is a condensed version which I'd give a try though.

yeah sorry if I came across harsh - not my intention. X2 is a much balanced version. You know how yoga X was warrior - balance - stretch - abs? X2 is essentially mixing it all together during each segment, so you will be doing warrior 3 then crane, etc.

Total Body and ARX2 down. Took about two hours to get them both done since there were a lot of moves that were either difficult or took some getting used to. Asked the roommate to take a video of me trying the crunchy lever pull-ups, but I think it felt more impressive than it actually looked (did about six both times).

BM- the push-up side arm balance move on the medicine balls was great, although I totally missed how you're supposed to position your feet sideways at first which made it seemingly impossible (I was stacking my feet and trying to go into side arm balance... redonk).

Drank nearly three 24 oz bottles of water in the span of the workout, and felt suitably wrecked by the end. Sort of phoned in ARX2 but tried to get a feel for the moves; I think I'll like it better than ARX since it seems to be less painful on the lower back.

Good to hear your impression. If you are doing the pull-ups straight, much kudos to you. I am happy just using it modified right now with the bands as support on my feet.

And good to hear too about your impression on the side arm balance. The first time I did it it wasn't the feet that messed me up, I simply lacked the core strength to support myself while putting my hands up

Ab ripper x2 is well-designed after the P90X2 program - since almost every workout is core focused, there's little need to do that again for 16 mins. And whether it's the original P90X or P90X2, I love this about Tony - he knows we all want a 6-pack, but he doesn't buy into the hype. Instead, he pushes us to strengthen our core and be stronger and better

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, good games Gondo. The series before tonight had my heart absolutely racing nonstop, and I know tonight must have been as disappointing for you as it was exciting for us. Stay strong, you'll be back :D

FOOTE

Did Legs & Back in my 89 degree bedroom tonight. Ugh. First full day of summer and I'm already dreaming of winter.

Yeah, I had to move my stuff out to the garage. It's supposed to get up to 90°F today 93°F tomorrow - I definitely feel like I hold back a bit if I feel like I'm stinking up my house. I can really give it my all when I'm in the garage.

Yes; or maybe you just hadn't eaten enough beforehand? That is very rare indeed. Eat some ice cream or something (don't tell Tony)

Cereal and Semi Skimmed milk at breakfast (8:30am)
Protein Shake (11am)
Workout(12:30pm)

Similiar routine as every day. Calmed down now though. Chalk it up to lunar activity!

KingGondo

Banned
Hey, good games Gondo. The series before tonight had my heart absolutely racing nonstop, and I know tonight must have been as disappointing for you as it was exciting for us. Stay strong, you'll be back :D
Thanks man, it was an exciting (though crushing) series to watch, even for an OKC fan.

I'm proud of the team, but you have to play better when you have a chance to chip than they did. If you crap away games like we did in games 2-4, you leave yourself susceptible to a knockout punch like last night.

Ah well. Heat-Age was largely classy, congrats on the victory.

Now I'm gonna send a tweet to Kevin Durant telling him to BRING IT this offseason. :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I was thinking about doing a bit of running in place of the Thursday "recovery" Insanity workout, is this alright to do? I figure long distance running was a bit different than the explosive moves of Insanity, or will it just make my legs too tired?

So I was thinking about doing a bit of running in place of the Thursday "recovery" Insanity workout, is this alright to do? I figure long distance running was a bit different than the explosive moves of Insanity, or will it just make my legs too tired?

Has it been awhile since you ran? Could end up getting sore. That happens to me.

mehdi_san

It's all up to you to be honest. Do you think your performance in phase 1 increased considerably since the first week? If it did, then it's probably a good idea to move to phase 2.

Personally I did 3 weeks of Phase 1, 6 weeks of 2, and I'm doing 3 weeks of phase 3.

I wouldn't recommend doing the X2 Recovery week after phase 1 though. It's going to kill all the momentum you have so far.

It's really up to you. I did 4 weeks of each phase. I can tell you from doing it that the second phase is much more like P90X than the rest of the program. So if that is something that fits your goals then do more weeks of that than the other 2 phases. Don't worry about fucking the schedule up. There is no right or wrong answer. Take a recovery week when you feel like you need it or just take one like you would with X, at the end of a phase.
Thanks guys. I love how sore my abs and my legs felt this last 3 weeks, so I'm gonna start 1 last week of Phase 1 tomorrow. Then, I'll switch to Phase 2 and do it for 5 or 6 weeks (I want big guns like Tony). Not sure about Phase 3 yet, have to try this PAP thing first.
Btw, today was my rest day so I went with some coworkers to their basket ball practice (first time in years). It felt so good being able to run all around the court, and I'm pretty sure I was able to jump higher than I ever did. Also, got a few compliments from coworkers wheel they saw me in tank top. Feels good man :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks man, it was an exciting (though crushing) series to watch, even for an OKC fan.

I'm proud of the team, but you have to play better when you have a chance to chip than they did. If you crap away games like we did in games 2-4, you leave yourself susceptible to a knockout punch like last night.

Ah well. Heat-Age was largely classy, congrats on the victory.

Now I'm gonna send a tweet to Kevin Durant telling him to BRING IT this offseason. :)
You're a class act too my friend, and thanks. I loved this matchup, honestly- I'll be shocked if we don't see it again in the next few years to come ;)

Yea tough loss Gondo. The team is still too young and is well documented that Brooks made a lot of interesting adjustments, or lack of. I really see the mindfuck of a lot of players, especially Harden, as growing pains. It is obvious that Durant is super legit. Yea there are shortcomings but he's young and also the coach and teammates can support in those areas too

The future is still bright. Hopefully Manor can get healthy, and one or two role players can be added.

I'd personally keep Westbrook. At least superficially he and Durant like each other despite everything Westbrook does, and the longer they play together the stronger they will get. Longevity between teammates is rare nowadays. Westbrook just needs to stop playing PG because he obviously plays like a SG

so any of u guys ever do Asylum? thinking of getting before i jump back into p90x again

I did it once. Fun program. Really liked the agility ladder. If I did it again I'd like to use a jump rope but the ceiling fan in my living room is preventing that from happening.

D23

I did it once. Fun program. Really liked the agility ladder. If I did it again I'd like to use a jump rope but the ceiling fan in my living room is preventing that from happening.

nice!! so is it more like an extreme version of insanity? or theres more resistance training to it? i don't want to lose any muscle mass

nice!! so is it more like an extreme version of insanity? or theres more resistance training to it? i don't want to lose any muscle mass

It focuses on sports training. It's not necessarily more extreme, you're doing different stuff. There is one day of strength training where you will use weights/bands.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yea tough loss Gondo. The team is still too young and is well documented that Brooks made a lot of interesting adjustments, or lack of. I really see the mindfuck of a lot of players, especially Harden, as growing pains. It is obvious that Durant is super legit. Yea there are shortcomings but he's young and also the coach and teammates can support in those areas too

The future is still bright. Hopefully Manor can get healthy, and one or two role players can be added.

I'd personally keep Westbrook. At least superficially he and Durant like each other despite everything Westbrook does, and the longer they play together the stronger they will get. Longevity between teammates is rare nowadays. Westbrook just needs to stop playing PG because he obviously plays like a SG
Durant needs to take a page from LeBron-Chalmers to put some humble in Westbrook:
untitled-12ycj6eojagk.gif

D23

It focuses on sports training. It's not necessarily more extreme, you're doing different stuff. There is one day of strength training where you will use weights/bands.

nice, will give it a go since its only 30 days!! and that agility ladder looks kinda fun lol

Top Bottom