• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Harry Potter said:
Ugh she bows in that one too!

Don't forget the chest-to-chest at the end too! <3

When Tony is talking about "kipping" (?) on the towel pull-ups, is that him making a CrossFit jab? Guessing so.

Yeah in another video, and you might see it already, he says right before a cross fugly that kipping is something "another organization does all the time..."

and 6 Impossible/possible? Awesome. I did 0 the first time

LaneDS

Don't forget the chest-to-chest at the end too! <3

Yeah in another video, and you might see it already, he says right before a cross fugly that kipping is something "another organization does all the time..."

and 6 Impossible/possible? Awesome. I did 0 the first time

I think that's the video I just watched, and thanks! I liked how in that video Tony says to use anger, or at least use it when working out and nowhere else, because that's kind of been part of my fuel and motivation as of late (shitty, but you do what you gotta do right?).

Just did recovery and mobility too. Hoping my form improves on squat-anything, and I think my back posture isn't great because I have a hard time getting my lower back onto the roller for roller angels (and onto the floor in general for ab work). There is a slight gap between lower back and floor, generally, and I feel that indicates a not great spine. Hoping continued work will resolve that for me some.

My scale better say something under 190 lbs tomorrow or imma rage a little. Time to drink my dinner.

I rocked it somehow. Left knee is tweaked a little bit from moving earlier tho. Gonna have to ice it tonight. 7 days to go, I'm still around 184 so my goal of 190 isn't going to be achieved. Oh well, I was going to do another round anyways.

LaneDS

I rocked it somehow. Left knee is tweaked a little bit from moving earlier tho. Gonna have to ice it tonight. 7 days to go, I'm still around 184 so my goal of 190 isn't going to be achieved. Oh well, I was going to do another round anyways.

How tall are you HP, and are you ever posting pictures in here?

Also, good work! You're going to sleep well tonight after all that work + P90X.

How tall are you HP, and are you ever posting pictures in here?

Also, good work! You're going to sleep well tonight after all that work + P90X.

I'm 6'1". Ya I need to get some pics on here. I wish I had some before pics from a few years ago that I could post. I'm going on my bachelor party (houseboat @ Lake Shasta) in a couple weeks. I'll come back with some pics from that since I'm hoping to be almost to my goal by then.

LaneDS

I'm 6'1". Ya I need to get some pics on here. I wish I had some before pics from a few years ago that I could post. I'm going on my bachelor party (houseboat @ Lake Shasta) in a couple weeks. I'll come back with some pics from that since I'm hoping to be almost to my goal by then.

Roger that, and good luck! Seems like a good weight for that height, but you also seem like you've been at this working out bidness for quite some time so that isn't surprising.

Roger that, and good luck! Seems like a good weight for that height, but you also seem like you've been at this working out bidness for quite some time so that isn't surprising.

Thanks Lane.

HP are you following the program again this time around, or did you mix & match?

Following classic with the exception of Yoga X2. Doing heavier weight/less reps. Really feeling the pain on the 6th rep and getting to the 8th. Other than that just upping my protein. Toying with the idea of getting a weighted vest for my next round...

How many of you still watch the DVDs every workout? I stopped watching after a month or so. Or I'd watch on mute. After a few times doing each exercise and getting proper form down I never really needed the DVDs. Found them more annoying than helpful after a while to be honest.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
How many of you still watch the DVDs every workout? I stopped watching after a month or so. Or I'd watch on mute. After a few times doing each exercise and getting proper form down I never really needed the DVDs. Found them more annoying than helpful after a while to be honest.
I do, and it's been that way with the other P90 programs I've done, too. I don't really have (or even like) much music that goes well with workouts, and TV is too distracting to have on, so I just stick with the videos (they're on my crappy TouchPad) and they keep me focused. I still get a kick out of Tony and "the kids" — somehow they've never gotten tiresome to me.

I normally play the videos with just the music off. The banter isn't distracting and the little motivational remarks Tony makes helps keep me focused and on track. "Don't cheat on these" "Make the last two hurt." ect.

FOOTE

I use the DVDs to make sure I'm on the correct pace and you pretty much have to play the dvds when you're working with Insanity. I do listen to my own music though.

mehdi_san

I haven't tried Insanity yet, but going only from what I've heard of it, Plyometrics/Kenpo/Plyocide must be really boring for those who have completed Insanity, no?

Week 2 so far, got bored with Kenpo but still did it anyway. I still have a ways to go with wide pull-ups as I need to do these on an assisted machine.

Negative pull-ups ftw!

KingGondo

Banned
I just hate cardio. Plyo X is still harder than the Insanity equivalent.
I'm the complete opposite. I like doing cardio and hate pure resistance routines like Back and Biceps.

Looking forward to finishing in 3 weeks so I can get back to running outside and combining that with more comprehensive workouts like Core Syn and Legs & Back.

I'm the complete opposite. I like doing cardio and hate pure resistance routines like Back and Biceps.

Looking forward to finishing in 3 weeks so I can get back to running outside and combining that with more comprehensive workouts like Core Syn and Legs & Back.

Bring on the BAM any day. I love the BAM.

It doesn't help that im asthmatic. Before i started P90X/Insanity etc... i couldn't walk up the street without my asthma being a dick. Now i can do 2 hour cardio sessions and not have an attack. It still occasionally happens so i tend to avoid cardio.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I wouldn't say its boring because its easy. I just hate cardio. Plyo X is still harder than the Insanity equivalent.

Huh? Which one? Plyo X has nothing on Max Interval Plyo (or Max Interval Circuit for that matter). Plyo X has lots more breaks. I wouldn't say it's not challenging, but my HR is nothing like in MIP when doing Plyo X.

Huh? Which one? Plyo X has nothing on Max Interval Plyo (or Max Interval Circuit for that matter). Plyo X has lots more breaks. I wouldn't say it's not challenging, but my HR is nothing like in MIP when doing Plyo X.

I will have to agree with Steve here, Insanity's Plyo is far more tiring to me compared to Plyo X and I substitute that in for a very intense HIIT workout.

Must have come with time. I struggled with P90X Plyo but when it came to Insanity/Asylum plyo I could breeze through them. I didn't think about the whole fitness level rising over time.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Must have come with time. I struggled with P90X Plyo but when it came to Insanity/Asylum plyo I could breeze through them. I didn't think about the whole fitness level rising over time.

Could be the order then -- I did Insanity before P90X. If you've got good endurance & conditioning going into Insanity then I could see it seeming easier.

GCNemesis

Hey everyone, been away for a while. My quest to redo Insanity hit a wall as my knees kept acting up so I erred on the side of caution and went to the doctor to get them checked out. He didn't say that there was anything apparent that was an issue, but since then I've stopped doing Insanity, or any exercise routines for that matter.

So it has been about 3 weeks since I finished up X2 and now that I'm putting some weight back on (from 195 to 202), I'm going to start back up! No Insanity for me, save for maybe some Pure Cardio, but I'm going to stick to P90X and X2.

I know this has been mentioned a number of times already, but what do you all suggest I get back into:
  • Round of P90X
  • Round of P90X2
  • Hybrid P90X/X2
I really like the core moves and stability ball exercises that come with X2, but I love the pure push up, pull up, curl, etc. of P90X. I think I'm leaning towards a hybrid approach but not sure what exercise to start with...

Haven't caught up on the thread yet, so I hope everyone is doing well and congrats to those who have started up and to those who have finished!

burnfout

If you have the time just do these in order:

Round of P90X
Round of P90X2
Hybrid P90X/X2

Will have you set for months and you will get awesome results :)

owlbeak

Phase 2 begins today. I remember Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps and I remember fearing it.

Is this the one with all the damn crazy pushups? One handers, slow mo, etc?

Ixian

I'm on the rest week for Insanity. What's this rest week workout (that I have to do every day) involve? How long is it?
Compared to the other routines it's a pretty easy workout (though still challenging), and he encourages you not to push yourself too hard since it's the rest week. I think it's about 45 minutes? Just wait till you get to the last move, though. :)

Even though I've been working out for a while and I'm used to this sort of thing, seeing a one pound gain on the scale this week is gonna have me furiously pedaling throughout the day. :O

LaneDS

Compared to the other routines it's a pretty easy workout (though still challenging), and he encourages you not to push yourself too hard since it's the rest week. I think it's about 45 minutes? Just wait till you get to the last move, though. :)

Even though I've been working out for a while and I'm used to this sort of thing, seeing a one pound gain on the scale this week is gonna have me furiously pedaling throughout the day. :O

I worked out for two hours yesterday, ate super clean and not a ton, and was about three pounds heavier than the previous day this morning... I understand your fury well. I also understand that it's silly to worry about, but still, I hate seeing 190-anything at this point.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I weigh in weekly and I've been stuck hovering around 205 for a few months now. I have about 15 lbs left to lose (out of 45 total) and it's killing me. I've dropped maybe 3 pounds in the first half of Insanity.

Damn my love of food...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't weigh yourself so much. You'll go crazy.
Yeah gonna really need to follow this for the next 90 days. I loved seeing the constant dropoff during my first round of P90X but I just can't expect that this time around (nor do I really want it, it's just a nicer feeling than watching numbers go up :p).

Already crazy sir!

Just declined birthday cupcakes and ice cream at work, which is a good way to guarantee future craziness. Got the whole "are you sure?!" reaction that seems standard for refusing food at work.

I feel ya. On Friday there was an "ice cream bar" here at work. One woman honestly looked at me like I was an asshole when I declined to have any. Oh ya, she's pushing close to 300lbs as well.

Yeah gonna really need to follow this for the next 90 days. I loved seeing the constant dropoff during my first round of P90X but I just can't expect that this time around (nor do I really want it, it's just a nicer feeling than watching numbers go up :p).

How's the knee?

LaneDS

I feel ya. On Friday there was an "ice cream bar" here at work. One woman honestly looked at me like I was an asshole when I declined to have any. Oh ya, she's pushing close to 300lbs as well.

Ice cream is good for you, because it is dairy and is mostly milk. Your bones will be strong (that is why she weighs 300 lb, because of bones). Duh.

Ice cream is good for you, because it is dairy and is mostly milk. Your bones will be strong (that is why she weighs 300 lb, because of bones). Duh.

The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if she did beleive that. This is the woman that once asked me why soda is bad. After giving her a few facts she responded with "well drinking water every day isn't good for you either". I wish I was joking.

Wessiej

I'm going to start with P90X today again, just a lighter version because I go to the gym too. Can't wait for my muscles to say fuck you and quit working.

D23

Tell me how it is.

Anyone done it? Can you do it in a living room? Need to buy anything? I'm curious as I'm now half-way through Insanity.

well it came with the agility ladder and jump rope. also i think u need a dumbbells and a pull up bars, so u should be good to go!

im gonna start tomorrow since im still feeling a little bit doozy from the weekend. since its only 30 days im gonna do this then jump on P90x2! hopefully i can incorporate p90x/x2/insanity/asylum in one crazy hybrid workout! cant wait to do that

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I start July 1st. P90x. Hope to roll into p90x2 in October, for that new years completion date. Made it six weeks into P90x last year before injuring my back at work, so I know I can do it(with results!). No injuries this time, no distractions, no excuses. Oh, and the p90 app is gonna make charting results so much easier. Putting pen to paper before was a chore.

Top Bottom