• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

LaneDS

I start July 1st. P90x. Hope to roll into p90x2 in October, for that new years completion date. Made it six weeks into P90x last year before injuring my back at work, so I know I can do it(with results!). No injuries this time, no distractions, no excuses. Oh, and the p90 app is gonna make charting results so much easier. Putting pen to paper before was a chore.

I like your mindset and wish you luck, but how come July 1st? No time like the present I say! Start today if you can.

KingGondo

Banned
I start July 1st. P90x. Hope to roll into p90x2 in October, for that new years completion date. Made it six weeks into P90x last year before injuring my back at work, so I know I can do it(with results!). No injuries this time, no distractions, no excuses. Oh, and the p90 app is gonna make charting results so much easier. Putting pen to paper before was a chore.
Congrats on resolving to start again.

I'm 3 weeks away from finishing, and I can really tell a big difference (and I haven't followed the diet plan at all--I just cut back on my vices, especially beer).

You'll be looking like Ibaka in no time!

(And I echo what LaneDS had to say--go for it today. You'll be glad you did when you finish a week early!)

Ixian

Got my InStride Cycle setup. First thought: This shit's impossible to do if you sit on an exercise ball. Second thought: My desk is barely high enough to pedal comfortably. Third thought: People are going to think I'm weird when they walk by my office and see me doing this.

I think I'm going to get another one for home use since I'm not terribly active on weekends outside of my P90X workouts and going out shopping.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice! Gotta echo the others, if you have everything to get started, screw July 1st. Bring it tonight!
Got my InStride Cycle setup. First thought: This shit's impossible to do if you sit on an exercise ball.
I thiiink HP does that. Can't help you myself on that count.
Second thought: My desk is barely high enough to pedal comfortably.
Mine is basically at the edge of the desk underneath it, so that my knees can go above the desk. Try pulling it so that it's touching your chair (ball...)
Third thought: People are going to think I'm weird when they walk by my office and see me doing this.
Yes. Get over it or use it as a conversation piece about how quirky and clever you are.

I think I'm going to get another one for home use since I'm not terribly active on weekends outside of my P90X workouts and going out shopping.
I really want one at home too, my desk is better-suited for it and for games that are massive time sinks (cough D3) it'd make me feel less guilty.

Ixian

Nice! Gotta echo the others, if you have everything to get started, screw July 1st. Bring it tonight!

I thiiink HP does that. Can't help you myself on that count.

Mine is basically at the edge of the desk underneath it, so that my knees can go above the desk. Try pulling it so that it's touching your chair (ball...)

Yes. Get over it or use it as a conversation piece about how quirky and clever you are.

I really want one at home too, my desk is better-suited for it and for games that are massive time sinks (cough D3) it'd make me feel less guilty.
HP is a better man than I am, then! I'll give it a shot again later, I wanna get comfortable with actually pedaling on this thing first.

Also, just to be clear, I don't really care that much what people think about me when they walk by. :) People already think I'm weird because I keep my office lights off (they give me a headache after about thirty minutes).

Can anyone here that wears a heart rate monitor tell me what their numbers are like during Kenpo X? I was pretty disappointed with the workout after seeing mine (BPM Max: 155/Avg: 124). At one point in the video Wesley was at 160 and I was only around 130, and it's not like I'm slacking off or anything. I picked up a pair of weighted gloves; hopefully that will help make it more intense.

I like your mindset and wish you luck, but how come July 1st? No time like the present I say! Start today if you can.
I agree with this. Time to break out that Nike ad:

283732_514118298553_188132754_s.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That reminds me, Motoactv update...
Motoactv Tracker said:
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps - 502 calories
Legs and Back - 476 calories
Ab Ribber X - 104 calories
Back and Biceps - 515 calories
Yoga X2 - 255 calories

(all of these figures will be way lower than the actual amounts since I am not yet using an HRM)

edit: Arrrgh stuck at work writing this crappy thing. Can't wait to go home, load up on Assault and crush Chest/Shoulders/Tris...

edit: Assault Engage. Let the crazy begin AAARGHSDKFSH

You guys think I'm going to lose muscle/lots of my progress by taking a week off? I finished P90X Saturday and I hurt my heel (mentioned this a page back) and think I'll be feeling better to go in 3-4 days to start my second round. Just feel like I'm wasting away not doing anything. It sucks! Yes I caught the fitness bug. I hope I never lose it.

I guess I can still try and work on my upper body while my foot is healing.

You guys think I'm going to lose muscle/lots of my progress by taking a week off? I finished P90X Saturday and I hurt my heel (mentioned this a page back) and think I'll be feeling better to go in 3-4 days to start my second round. Just feel like I'm wasting away not doing anything. It sucks! Yes I caught the fitness bug. I hope I never lose it.

I guess I can still try and work on my upper body while my foot is healing.

Not at all. Just continue the diet and you'll probs still lose some fat and your muscles will develop / recover.

Once exercise becomes routine people worry about taking breaks. You arent gonna revert to couch potato in one week. It takes years of practice :)

Rest your damn heel!

Week 3 Day 1 complete.

In terms of dieting, I've eliminated junk and fast food from my diet but I haven't been eating particularly healthy. I went to the grocery store today though and picked up turkey burgers, veggies, fruits, greek yogurt, lean turkey, wheat bread, egg whites, and everything looks really good! I'm pretty excited to start dieting now!

Week 3 Day 1 complete.

In terms of dieting, I've eliminated junk and fast food from my diet but I haven't been eating particularly healthy. I went to the grocery store today though and picked up turkey burgers, veggies, fruits, greek yogurt, lean turkey, wheat bread, egg whites, and everything looks really good! I'm pretty excited to start dieting now!

Sounds great! Do look out for the turkey burgers. Some have relatively high fat (saturated too) percentages

Sounds great! Do look out for the turkey burgers. Some have relatively high fat (saturated too) percentages

Just checked mine and they seem relatively low in fat. We're all good.

Also do y'all have any tips for oblique v-ups? I have a tough time raising my legs and keeping them straight and I usually end up doing only 5 or 6 of them :(

oatmeal

Banned
I'm pissed. I had a one night trio to Pittsburgh and when I got here, I did plyo in my hotel room.

Had a 7am call time so I couldn't do shoulders and arms in the morning, was supposed to shoot and then go to the airport and get home by around 10pm. I time to get shoulders and arms done before I slept.

Now my flight got cancelled and I can't leave until 5:50am so I am missing my day. Not happy. Have to move everything back a day now.

Ixian

Skipping my X-Stretch today since the recovery week begins tomorrow and X-Stretch is scheduled in a few days anyway. Once I get into a routine I feel realllllly dirty when I break it, even for a minor case like this.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Week 11 and I simply sucked at plyo today. I didn't do any modifications, but I had to stop a few seconds early on some moves because my legs were pretty much about to kill themselves. My throat has been bothering me since this morning, so I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something, or if it was the fact that I only got like three hours of sleep last night, but I just did not have any energy.

Hard to believe I'm almost done with my first run of the program. Time flies!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Forgot my recovery drink after Chest/Shoulders/Tris, definitely more sore than usual. D'oh. Didn't beat any of my major push up numbers or get to up the weight for any exercises, but I really felt it. I could almost feel my muscles trying to strain to expand and perform better. The workout killed, but I already feel stronger. I hope I can sustain some real growth :)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

(And I echo what LaneDS had to say--go for it today. You'll be glad you did when you finish a week early!)

Wow, thanks guys. I can see this group will be motivating!

And yes, I've got everything I need... but the room. Project Office conversion underway. They should add file cabinet lifting to P90X3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, thanks guys. I can see this group will be motivating!

And yes, I've got everything I need... but the room. Project Office conversion underway. They should add file cabinet lifting to P90X3.
Hehe. They do have stuff like that (moving boxes, carrying child, fighting ninjas) on MFP, which is kind of cool.

LaneDS

Can you get a good amount of sleep tonight Hawkian? If so, try to make that a focus and aim for eight hours if you can swing it.

And Goreomedy, this is absolutely one of the most encouraging threads/groups I've seen on GAF; everyone here is happy to help and we all have pretty similar goals, so here's hoping we can help you reach yours.

Semi-related, I hope there is an X3 a few years from now.

To those who read my posts about trying to get a 6 pack, I think signing up for myfitnesspal definitely seems to be the missing link. My body fat % is dropping so much quicker now. I was under eating by quite a bit on accident. (maybe 250 calories lower than I should have been under eating to lose weight :/) I finally got my bf % under 13%!

To those who read my posts about trying to get a 6 pack, I think signing up for myfitnesspal definitely seems to be the missing link. My body fat % is dropping so much quicker now. I was under eating by quite a bit on accident. (maybe 250 calories lower than I should have been under eating to lose weight :/) I finally got my bf % under 13%!

Yup, under eating is bad stuff. I didn't realise a margin of 250 would make such a difference though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MFP was a huge turning point for me as well. While aiming specifically to lose weight during my first cycle, I just wasn't paying attention enough to my calories and ratios. I lost 7-8 pounds in the 40-ish days before I started using it, then 20 in the remaining days of the cycle once I had.

Although, I am at a bit of a weird stage now. I really want to lose a bit body fat and gain legitimate muscle... I feel like my more intensive resistance workouts are going really well, but I haven't locked done what the appropriate amount of calories/cardio and so forth should be.
Can you get a good amount of sleep tonight Hawkian? If so, try to make that a focus and aim for eight hours if you can swing it.
I hope so... it's a bit of a weird week. Depending on what my friends need of me tonight I may have to settle for a nap when I get home from work and then 6 hours of real sleep. But I'm crossing my fingers!

Melatonin really has legitimately helped me by the way. I forgot it last night and I can't believe what a difference it makes. I feel like even the few hours I did get last night barely counted for anything.

Yup, under eating is bad stuff. I didn't realise a margin of 250 would make such a difference though.

I probably didn't explain it well. I was supposed to be eating like 2200 or so calories to maintain my weight. Which would mean I was supposed to be eating like 2000 to lose weight in a healthy manner and lose starvation mode. On accident I was eating more like 1700-1800 which is a huge difference. Thanks to myfitnesspal, I'm eating more portions of healthy food

mehdi_san

How bad is eating just before going to bed? I usually start my workout after work when I get back home so I'm done it's between 9 and 10pm. I drink a protein shake, take a shower, and finally make myself something to eat before I pass out in my bed. I know that in the fitness guide they say don't eat 3h before you sleep, but there's no way I can respect that...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How bad is eating just before going to bed? I usually start my workout after work when I get back home so I'm done it's between 9 and 10pm. I drink a protein shake, take a shower, and finally make myself something to eat before I pass out in my bed. I know that in the fitness guide they say don't eat 3h before you sleep, but there's no way I can respect that...
Yeah, apparently this is no good. :( I have a lot of trouble with it too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mmmmm... definitely not. Sounds like a better option in your case would be to eat before your workout instead of after- is that possible?

Anyone ever have one of those workouts where your body is rather... prone to release gases? Im letting out my breath from both ends.

damn you lactose intolerance. lol

I usually just eat some cold tuna salad if it's a post workout dinner. Low fat olive oil mayo, some old bay and a few vacuum pouches is basically like 140 calories and 34g of protein. Throw some chopped celery and/or egg whites in the mix.

Delicious, quick to prep and, as I understand it, exactly what muscles need post-workout.

Edit: Also, feels good to be back, maing.

OchreHand

I love MFP. I really don't think I could do P90x without it.. The idea of counting calories, protein, etc, etc turns me off but it does all the work for me. Plus there is something reassuring about looking at the pie chart at the end of the day to make sure im hitting my numbers.

CrankyJay

Banned
I love MFP. I really don't think I could do P90x without it.. The idea of counting calories, protein, etc, etc turns me off but it does all the work for me. Plus there is something reassuring about looking at the pie chart at the end of the day to make sure im hitting my numbers.

Same, I recently switched from the Livestrong DailyPlate thing and I paid for that. MFP is way better in almost every aspect. I use it on the web, iPhone, and iPad, and it all syncs flawlessly.

LaneDS

Anyone ever have one of those workouts where your body is rather... prone to release gases? Im letting out my breath from both ends.

damn you lactose intolerance. lol

I consistently ruin my roommate's day with my workouts because of this. It is extra hilarious to me because I have no sense of smell.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
If I were to do plain Greek yogurt for breakfast, what can I add to it to make it not taste like sour cream?

I eat about 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt with 3/4 cup fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc), 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup walnuts & cinnamon (lots). Makes 1 serving.

Another good recipe is 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1 can either tuna or salmon in water. With tuna, I add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, celery seed, oregano, sometimes dill or other savory spices to taste. With salmon I add 1/2 cup almonds, cumin, cayenne pepper, and paprika to taste. Makes 2 servings.

Oh, and try a big dollop of plain Greek yogurt on your chili. *AWESOME*.

By the way, the new supplements for Body Beast are now available on TeamBeachbody.com. They're not on Beachbody.com yet, though. They have Beachbody Base Shake (18g unflavored protein blend), Fuel Shot (carbs mostly with a little protein, calcium and potassium), M.A.X. Creatine (doesn't use CreaPure, you're supposed to mix it with Base Shake), and Super Suma (a ginseng-like root, it's in capsule form & you take 2/day).

LaneDS

If I were to do plain Greek yogurt for breakfast, what can I add to it to make it not taste like sour cream?

Frozen berries with no sugar added gets my vote... just started doing this in the last week and found it to be pretty good that way, and sour cream is exactly how I described it prior to that.

ccbfan

Started week 11 on Sunday.

Surreal that I'm having some "last time I doing" this for the program moments.

Last Chest and Back on Sunday. Still can't do all the exercises. First set I'm OK except for the diamond pushups (I can only do like 5). Second set I was useless in the incline, diamond and the over under one. This is probably my favorite work out so I'm gonna try to do this once a week even after p90x.

Second to last Plyo yesterday and then last Shoulder and arms today.

Rocked Plyo yesterday, amazed at how much better I am at it now. (Still have some issues with rock star hops though) I actually don't hate it anymore.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Congrats on resolving to start again.

I'm 3 weeks away from finishing, and I can really tell a big difference (and I haven't followed the diet plan at all--I just cut back on my vices, especially beer).

You'll be looking like Ibaka in no time!

The diet is the most annoying part, mostly because of my job and my GF. I've really come to love the Lean 1 shakes, though. Which reminds me... need to order some more.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Berries and honey, got it. Although the good thing about these Atkins protein shakes and bars is that a week of them costs $7. Yogurt + Berries is going to run me about $15 for a week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The diet is the most annoying part, mostly because of my job and my GF. I've really come to love the Lean 1 shakes, though. Which reminds me... need to order some more.
What flavor? I still have plenty for the moment but I'm gonna switch it up for my next order. :D

Top Bottom