• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Best pilsner I've ever had is from Chuckanut Brewing in Bellingham, WA. GABF Gold Medal winner. Like most WA breweries, however, they don't bottle.

codhand

Gonna have to go with Prima Pils from Victory
41WsXDlYbYL._AA160_.jpg

never tried the others, but Prima is the truth.

HiResDes

Are we talking American or Czech? Joe's Pilsner is pretty good if we're being strict about styles, but Hoponius Union is my favorite if we're being loose.

kudos.

I really like Duchesse.

Qt8q8Pa.jpg

Friend brought back some Alchemist Heady Topper from Vermont. Apparently they do not distribute outside of Vermont. Holy shit, definately one of the best beers I've had. It's recommended to drink out of the can. I did half can and half tulip glass, so fucking good.

Will be having some Pliny The Younger in a couple weeks. Kind of tired waiting and tracking Pliny stuff down, especially The Younger.

Oh god I want a can of Heady. I've never had it but heard amazing things. I guess the nondistribution is part of the mystique.

I've always been a big fan of Stone's style. Hoping I can find the 2013 release of Old Guardian in the coming days. :)

Thanks everyone!

I'd recommend trying one of these if you can find it

HobgoblinBeer.jpg

I am not sure if its only available around halloween but thats usually when i see it!

Nah, it's year-round. Wychwood's flagship ale. Not very "strong" ABV wise, but it's good. I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at it, but see if you can find King Goblin.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I've always been a big fan of Stone's style. Hoping I can find the 2013 release of Old Guardian in the coming days. :)

had the old guardian for the first time at a beer festival in nashville a few weeks back. instantly one of my favorite barleywines. so good.

I'm drinking some Fuzzy Baby Ducks by New England BC tonight, if anyone knows that beer from the area. Pretty crazy lines to get it, but it's very good.

dWGNcV2.jpg

Golden Monkey has been a go to for me. It is an acquired taste for some (a little spicy but not really) and 9.5 Alch.

A couple of these and you're feelin' alright.

nAZ6cyf.jpg

Very interesting. Grapefruit and pineapple notes from the hops come out at first, but are then overtaken by sour lemons and apples.

OMG... WANT. TO. TRY.

I really love a great beer as much as the next guy, but there is no fucking way I would even consider waiting in that line to try one beer. Fuck that

To be fair, I believe tonight was the first tapping. It should even out a bit more as pours are way more regulated now than the free for all it used to be. The New Brew Thursday guys were there today too.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
We are going hiking up in Santa Rosa and were going to go to Russian River until I remembered that it is cluster fuck time. Stupidest time of the year.

thespot84

We are going hiking up in Santa Rosa and were going to go to Russian River until I remembered that it is cluster fuck time. Stupidest time of the year.

For how much they had the line was comparable at falling rock in Denver last year. I went early and they ran out as I was walking in. Some guy was just getting his second pour and must've seen my face and just gave it to me.

Very good beer. Not worth any of that shit though.

SummitAve

Banned
beer_emeraldrye.jpg

I'm drinking Schell's emerald rye. With my employee discount at the liquor store these were $4.84 for a 12 pack so I definitely stocked up. I was pleasantly surprised by the hoppyness. I'm not sure if it is available outside of Minnesota (not sure how big Schell's distribution is) but it is similar to the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye.

Ekdrm2d1

nAZ6cyf.jpg

Very interesting. Grapefruit and pineapple notes from the hops come out at first, but are then overtaken by sour lemons and apples.

OMG, that looks great! I'd fall off the wagon for one :p

New beers are coming out, and I'm not drinking. Shit sucks. Less than a month to go!

img8333cz.jpg

img8333a.jpg

Cr0wn0

Going to be drinking dfh noble rot, petrus aged pale and a Flanders red I can't remember the name of.

Noble rot is interesting, it's very light all around. Tiny bit of spice and sweetness very dry. Would be awesome middle of the summer.

Ekdrm2d1

Going to be drinking dfh noble rot, petrus aged pale and a Flanders red I can't remember the name of.

Noble rot is interesting, it's very light all around. Tiny bit of spice and sweetness very dry. Would be awesome middle of the summer.

Must be nice.

Fremont Brewing 77 Select Session IPA, Icicle Brewing Bootjack IPA, and Three Floyds Alpha King Pale Ale.

And hey, look at that. Untappd is utterly fucked. SHOCKING.

http://i.imgur.com/dWGNcV2.jpg

Golden Monkey has been a go to for me. It is an acquired taste for some (a little spicy but not really) and 9.5 Alch.

A couple of these and you're feelin' alright.
I always come back to Golden Monkey. The ABV is kind of through the roof, but it's so good.

thespot84

someone brought some magic hat pale to my party. honestly it tasted like it was gluten free/made with sorghum. what an odd bouquet.

Found Old Guardian 2013, along with its oak-smoked brother. Tonight, I decided to try the latter. Very nice sipper, and I do believe I will buy a few more bottles to age. My local store also had a number of 2012 Old Guardian left as well, so I bought a couple to share with a friend after work some day this week.

HiResDes

Stopped by a shitty gas station and the best beer they had was Blue Moon : (

...But I gotta say this was the first beer that got me away from Bud Light and Keystone so perhaps I shouldn't give it so much shit. And it's washing down my pizza just fine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DFH's new IPA glass - for those who always wanted their IPA out of a butt plug!

tfGSfso.jpg

Younger is good, but standing around in line for it is just stupid.

Hype machine = carnival of the stupid.

I honestly don't think Younger is all that special. Its good, but its not something that I don't see from a lot of breweries. Elder is special, but not Younger.

kudos.

La Folie for all: New Belgium Brewing shows off its growing sour program

Woot. More sours is always a good thing. While the beer scavenger hunt can be a fun thing, it would be nice to be able to go to any bar and know they are going to have at least 1 sour on tap with their 9 IPAs.

Frambozen isn't too bad, though it's only a partial sour. I've only had a few sours and the ones I've had are different but in a good way. I've actually been craving them sometimes. Good to hear sours will be more readily available.

Top Bottom