• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

So I have the option to pick up one of these in the beginning of March. I live in Sweden so they only imported a very limited supply, and it's pretty pricey. I remember liking the regular variant quite a bit, would this be worth picking up?

Alright, I'll do my best then. Unfortunately I looked again and there's only three stores that carries it and none of them is near me. Since they haven't started selling it yet I don't know if I can order it to a store near me, so I really hope that I can.

I managed to order one to the store, and picked it up today. I'll see it as a late birthday gift to myself, and I don't think I'll drink it until a very special occasion. It was very pricey...

Anyway since this is my first "proper" post here I figured I'd show what I currently have:

RXOLG7A.jpg

Today I picked up the Old Rasputin bottle and the three Irish Whiskey Cask bottles. I love their Rum Finish beer, so I'm really curious about this one. Gonna drink one tonight, I think. The wheat beer on the right I bought on a whim and know nothing about, so I'll see when I'll get to it.

Woffls

Aww yeaahhh, Innis and Gunn is proper good. Only tried three varieties so far, with Rum Finish being my favourite.

Picked up some Ringwood Fortyniner on draught today because I'm at my parents' and they live near the brewery (I still get discount :D). I'm also going to try a couple of Shipyard bottles (US craft)... can't remember which ones. Got the Wychwood blonde beer as well because I don't remember trying it, but I might save that for another weekend.

BEEEERRRRR

codhand

I won't disagree that those are pretty good, but a couple of standouts don't make up for overall underwhelming lineups to me. To each their own.

I just think they're not as trendy these days, but that could change. In 2006, 2007 no one would ever make the claim that either brewery is underwhelming.

dekline

I managed to order one to the store, and picked it up today. I'll see it as a late birthday gift to myself, and I don't think I'll drink it until a very special occasion. It was very pricey...

Anyway since this is my first "proper" post here I figured I'd show what I currently have:

Awesome pickup. When you do end up drinking the OR let us know what you think.

Innis and Gunn Whiskey > I & G Rum

I'm drinking one now and yeah, I have to agree.

Awesome pickup. When you do end up drinking the OR let us know what you think.

If things go the way I've planned it won't be for a long time, not until a special occasion. I turned 23 two days ago, and I'm thinking my 25th birthday is a good contender. But if this thread or a successor is still around (and if I remember it) I'll certainly post what I think.

kodt

Banned
So Goose Island hosted a tap takeover in my area and I was able to have the following:

BCBS Cherry Rye
BCBS Vanilla
BCBS 2009
BCBS Coffee 2011
BCBS 2010
King Henry
BCBS Bramble Rye
BCBS Rare

yeah it was a good night

Sappy113

Man, I've been following this thread religiously for quite some time now, and every time I pop in, it reminds me how much I regret not being able to get my paws on all these great looking beers from these awesome American breweries.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of craft brewing going on in Denmark, but I'd still like to sample all those beers you guys are posting.

Anyways, grabbed this on my way home today (not my picture - that sucker is already gone).

skovlyst_ahorn_bryg.png

Pretty good, bit sweet though, brewed on plenty of caramel malts and with a bit of added maple syrup. The name of the beer is actually just Maple Brew.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Goose Island hosted a tap takeover in my area and I was able to have the following:

BCBS Cherry Rye
BCBS Vanilla
BCBS 2009
BCBS Coffee 2011
BCBS 2010
King Henry
BCBS Bramble Rye
BCBS Rare

yeah it was a good night

My head would hurt from all that beer. I can't drink that much anymore. And to be honest, I wouldn't be able to appreciate the uniqueness of each beer after the 3rd one. At that point, I'm just drinking to drink, and I don't like to do that. I stick to 1-2 beers a night, 3 if I'm not driving.

Man, I've been following this thread religiously for quite some time now, and every time I pop in, it reminds me how much I regret not being able to get my paws on all these great looking beers from these awesome American breweries.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of craft brewing going on in Denmark, but I'd still like to sample all those beers you guys are posting.

Cantillon makes Blåbær Lambik exclusively for Ølbutikken in Copenhagen. Get on that!

kodt

Banned
My head would hurt from all that beer. I can't drink that much anymore. And to be honest, I wouldn't be able to appreciate the uniqueness of each beer after the 3rd one. At that point, I'm just drinking to drink, and I don't like to do that. I stick to 1-2 beers a night, 3 if I'm not driving.

The first 4 were all 4 oz pours and the last 3-4 were only 2oz pours.

t-ramp

I picked up an Old Guardian and the Samuel Adams Hop Tour 6-pack yesterday. Drinking a Whitewater IPA from the latter now, and I kind of like the hoppy pine-citrus thing that's going on.

You've no right to complain when you've got Mikkeller!

But yeah we've got a lot of great beer going on in Australia too, but it'd be nice to get my hands on some of these I'm seeing too.

hermit7

Got a few yesterday, first one is a Trois Pistoles I enjoyed their La Fin Du Monde, and this seems like it is up my alley. Also bought a few stouts (Bell's Kalamazoo, Double Cream), Chimay Red, a Saison (forgetting the name of it). And a Mexican Style Stout that has peppers in it. All in all interested to see and taste them as I haven't tried any of them before.

mcfrank

PG2G - just picked up 2 bottles of La Folie at whole foods el segundo. They have a ton.
They also had a few bottles of red poppy left

6Womhmk.png

Had these in Sarasota at this Peruvian restaurant, Was really good surprisingly. Almost had a light molasses taste to it, will be trying again on my return visit in two weeks!

PG2G

PG2G - just picked up 2 bottles of La Folie at whole foods el segundo. They have a ton.
They also had a few bottles of red poppy left

Thanks for the heads up. I actually had a Red Poppy the other day, think I prefer the Russian River sours though.

Headed down to SD for the day (a baby shower), need anything? Planning to hit Alpine at a minimum but might try and grab bottles from a couple others depending on location

I just think they're not as trendy these days, but that could change. In 2006, 2007 no one would ever make the claim that either brewery is underwhelming.

In Stone's case, I can honestly say that I've never had a beer of theirs that I didn't like. That's not to say that I was wowed by each and every one, but I wouldn't say that about anyone. They really are a consistently great brewery. That's my opinion, anyway.

Yes Boss!

Got this four-pack for Saturday night. Probably going to kick my ass as I've not had a barleywine is quite a few years (Old Foghorn being my old favorite).

425D50D7-F74E-401E-8EFA-880D4A9D77CA-1286-00000157C7A1E01D.jpg

KHarvey16

Came home from Alston with a St. Bernardus Prior 8, La Chouffe and a 4 of Allagash Black. Now I have to decide which one I want tonight.

To celebrate Daylight Savings time and also the final few weeks of winter, I decided to pick up this bad boy. Never had it but I heard solid reviews about it.

BE8v2DqCEAApo4C.jpg

I also have one bottle of Ol' Rasputin I thought I chugged down several weeks back.

dekline

My pickup for tonight:

I'm rocking a huge backlog right now. Not sure what to try tonight. Probably hopslam...Or the weihenstephaner.

edit: I went with hopslam. I'd say it lives up to the hype.

Got this four-pack for Saturday night. Probably going to kick my ass as I've not had a barleywine is quite a few years (Old Foghorn being my old favorite).

Bigfoot is pretty damn intense IMO. Great sipper.

I've had a few cans of beer now, when I grab them from the fridge and replace it with another one. It's budlight so it might taste really bad sometimes but it feels all warm and fuzzy.

mcfrank

Thanks for the heads up. I actually had a Red Poppy the other day, think I prefer the Russian River sours though.

Headed down to SD for the day (a baby shower), need anything? Planning to hit Alpine at a minimum but might try and grab bottles from a couple others depending on location

I also prefer the Russian rivers to red poppy, but I am curious to see what a year on the shelf will do to it. Thanks for the offer, I am doing a brewery crawl in April between LA and SD so I should be able to grab anything then.

Brofist

Three Floyd's Dreadnaught

Founder's Imperial Stout

Dark Horse Raspberry Ale

I thought this pic was a couple of breadsticks coming out of the beer, until I realized what it was. And I was mildly intrigued for a moment about that combination.

Amakusa

Trying a Abita Strawberry Lager

strawberry_group.jpg

It doesn't taste like what I thought it would taste like, was afraid the strawberry flavor would over power the beer making it taste like a damn wine cooler. If proved me wrong, I admit.

The beer is seasonal, so if you see it. Give it a try, its beer with a hint of strawberry. Not tart, no tang, just smooth beer.

Hermii

Trying a Abita Strawberry Lager

strawberry_group.jpg

It doesn't taste like what I thought it would taste like, was afraid the strawberry flavor would over power the beer making it taste like a damn wine cooler. If proved me wrong, I admit.

The beer is seasonal, so if you see it. Give it a try, its beer with a hint of strawberry. Not tart, no tang, just smooth beer.

I had no idea fruit (berry) beer even existed. Looks interesting.

andylsun

Grimm Brothers Brewing in Colorado is interesting. Not your usual selection and its a brave list of beers in this hoppy/pale ale world.

Had the Little Red Cap which wasn't a style I'd tried before (alt bier). Didn't really do it for me but matched the style description. Guess that's not a style for me. Malty without bitterness, very light hops and not heavy.

Hefe was excellent- loved it.

Porter wasn't something I tried but my friends enjoyed it and found it smoother than Left Hand Black Jack.

Forgot to try 400lb monkey from left hand but will get to that next time I visit. Like the sound of English style IPA.

Top Bottom