• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

BevMo opened a new location across the street from my apartment complex. Across the street! Old BevMo was a whole four blocks away! Picked up an assortment tonight.. My life is going to be a whole lot more convenient.

ZKElY9K.jpg

Wish I could still find RuinTen. Old Guardian is filling the gap nicely though.
Picked up Weyerbacher Simcoe Double IPA tonight. Shall try it tomorrow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wish I could still find RuinTen. Old Guardian is filling the gap nicely though.
Picked up Weyerbacher Simcoe Double IPA tonight. Shall try it tomorrow.

They sell RuinTen at Costco here in San Diego.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Tried out Sixpoint's Resin Double IPA last night. While very tasty it finishes extremely bitter. I think I'll stick to trying out regular IPAs for a while first before trying something like this again.

Link

The Autumn Wind
BevMo opened a new location across the street from my apartment complex. Across the street! Old BevMo was a whole four blocks away! Picked up an assortment tonight.. My life is going to be a whole lot more convenient.
I know how you feel. My life changed forever when they opened a Total Wine down the street.

KingGondo

Banned
I know how you feel. My life changed forever when they opened a Total Wine down the street.
Oh man, Total Wine is indeed amazing. Too bad there's no way one will open in Oklahoma anytime soon without a massive revision to our liquor laws.

It's August meaning pumpkin season is finally here. I bought a Long Trail Imperial Pumpkin Ale from their new Brush and Barrel series and I have a leftover bottle of Ol' Rasputin. Gonna enjoy these during the UFC fite and some PC Skullgirls action afterwards.

terrible

Banned
You guys are making me want a Chimay Blue. Trois Pistoles is amazing and La Trappe Quad is too (haven't had their barrel aged versions).

I actually haven't had a Trois Pistoles in a while. Shame really. It's sold everywhere here.

R2D4

Banned
You guys are making me want a Chimay Blue. Trois Pistoles is amazing and La Trappe Quad is too (haven't had their barrel aged versions).

I actually haven't had a Trois Pistoles in a while. Shame really. It's sold everywhere here.

I'm really starting to discover Belgians. I found a store that boasts the largest selection of Belgians in my state. So far I have had Unibroue Trois Pistoles, La Fin Du Monte, and Maudite. Loved them all. Can't wait to try more. I have some Kwak in the fridge that I got also but haven't tried it yet.

terrible

Banned
I'm really starting to discover Belgians. I found a store that boasts the largest selection of Belgians in my state. So far I have had Unibroue Trois Pistoles, La Fin Du Monte, and Maudite. Loved them all. Can't wait to try more. I have some Kwak in the fridge that I got also but haven't tried it yet.

Pretty much every Unibroue beer is excellent. I'm not big on their fruit beers (Ephemere) but they're still ok. Most of their beers have the same distinctive Unibroue yeast character. Delicious.

Just finished a bomber of Unibroue Terrible. That beer is amazing.

That's it, I'm going to have a Chimay Blue lol.

Currently working my way through a bomber of this:
Weyerbacher-Unfiltered-Double-Simcoe-IPA-570x380.jpg

Pretty yummy stuff. Not Stone Ruin Ten levels of bitterness, but still bitter as hell. Which I love.

And I do need to try the regular Ruination from Stone. Just to compare to Ruin Ten.

codhand

went to Ommegang beer fest this weekend, i'll post some pics later, it was a good time, scored some Heady Topper right as I was leaving

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Was at IKEA yesterday and was surprised they have their 'own' beer now - Öl Ljus Lager (pilsner) and Öl Mörk Lager (dark lager). For a regular bottle of lager €1 at IKEA seemed a bit pricey and hey, IKEA beer, can't be good, right? But curiosity won - other products in their food market are pretty good value for money. Wasn't bad, wasn't great either. Just beer. Nothing stands out. Sorta dissapointed getting to that conclusion :). Supposedly the dark lager is pretty bad. For the price, there's dozens of better options to be had.

Saw that the store near me carried Orval, so I bought a few bottles. It's pretty different from the other Trappist beers I've tasted, but I like it! I wonder how it'll be when it has aged for a bit...

Link

The Autumn Wind
So I don't know what the hell Anderson Valley did to their Summer Solstice this year, but it's a complete disappointment compared to last year.

excellent to superb

That's what I'm hoping for. I looked closer and saw that the one I drank was bottled in January, dunno if that makes any difference.

As a side note I finally had time yesterday to try one of the Old Rasputins I imported with some friends. It's as good as I remembered.

Where down south? Get some Terrapin stuff if you can. I've liked what I've had from Sweetwater Brewing Co as well.

Moved to Charleston, SC. I've seen Sweetwater stuff pretty much everywhere down here but haven't tried any yet. I'll check into Terrapin.

BTW, that Palmetto Pale Ale was just eh.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Saw that the store near me carried Orval, so I bought a few bottles. It's pretty different from the other Trappist beers I've tasted, but I like it! I wonder how it'll be when it has aged for a bit...

Orval is absolutely wonderful stuff. Very distinct flavour. Just like Goudenband it is supposed to improve over age. Must admit I haven't tried it out yet - haven't had the patience :) But I'm thinking about trying it out.

Is the Oak Aged La Trappe Quadruple worth the price? I see bottles of it pop up every now, but with the regular stuff costing less then €5 and the oak €15, that's a pretty steep price difference.

terrible

Banned
I had this a couple days ago and it was incredible. What are your guys' favorite Unibroue beers? I've only had this and La Fin du Monde, but I want to check out their other beers as well.

Unibroue 17 is probably my favourite from them. My opinion changes so often though. They make a lot of world class beers so it's hard to choose. I tend to bump whatever beer I've had of theirs most recently to the top of my list from them because of it haha.

So, after falling in love with Ruin Ten, I finally took the advice of others on here and grabbed a four pack of Ruination to satisfy my bitter IPA urges.

Yeah...this thing is awesome. It is as close to Ruin Ten as I can get on a regular basis. The 7.7% is a step down from the 10% or so of Ruin Ten, but the super bitter taste is still there, which i love. Very good sipping beer, and great to relax with. Love it.

TKR92

Orval is absolutely wonderful stuff. Very distinct flavour. Just like Goudenband it is supposed to improve over age. Must admit I haven't tried it out yet - haven't had the patience :) But I'm thinking about trying it out.

Is the Oak Aged La Trappe Quadruple worth the price? I see bottles of it pop up every now, but with the regular stuff costing less then €5 and the oak €15, that's a pretty steep price difference.

Well, I think it's expensive. But I would say just try it.
Also keep in mind that every batch is a little bit different. So choose wisely.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ol' Rasputin is great.

Lately I've been drinking:

3ravens_website_beer_kqukq.png

img_6758qaubz.jpg

kooinda110ykd.jpg

Turns out we live about 10 minutes walk from the Kooinda brewery. That's...dangerous.

codhand

It's August meaning pumpkin season is finally here. I bought a Long Trail Imperial Pumpkin Ale from their new Brush and Barrel series and I have a leftover bottle of Ol' Rasputin. Gonna enjoy these during the UFC fite and some PC Skullgirls action afterwards.

let me know about the imperial pumpkin, was curious about that one and the one from Harpoon.

dekline

Old Stock Ale '09, '10, '11 and a few Westvleteren 12s.

_x4a6979iyjc8.jpg

My good friend is visiting from Oregon. Perfect time to drink these.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Good stuff. Stoked for the new location and the distribution expansion. Have you had the Berliner Weiss, Ku' Damm? So awesome. The pilsner is great too

I think so but it's memory and many more were lost in the midst of the craft beer crawl I was on.

Can't wait for Oktoberfest.

Top Bottom