• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

About to try this one for the first time:

wSS34Fw.png

Let's hope a pearl necklace is not an actual ingredient in it...

So there's a pretty cool Kickstarter that merged a big portion of my world (beer, brewing) and my girlfriends' (baked goods, baking). PubCakes Craft Beer Cake Mix. What sold the hell out of me was this:

PubCakes said:
Coffee Stout Chocolate Sauce

Did you read that!?!? It's sooo decadent. It's made with AleSmith Speedway Stout, Callebaut Cocoa, and it's dairy-free! I love it on ice cream and I even use it to make stout chocolate milk.

580b8cbb08e8e774461ade1edec0440f_large.JPG

My favorite beer. As a chocolate sauce. This has to happen. I'm considering going in on the $350 dinner party tier and splitting the cost between friends for the Game of Thrones premier or something.

Drinking a Stone 17th Anniversary Gotterdammerung IPA. Like Ruination and Ruin Ten by them, it is bitter as hell. And I love it.

It really is good. I like it more than Ruin Ten, even.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So as a damned resident of St. Louis I'm looking for some Dogfish Head while on vacation. We'll be pit stopping in New Orleans before heading to Cape San Blas, FL. Any residents of either areas have any suggestions on where to pick some up?

Milchjon

Anything from Flying Dog that's worth a try? Local shop just got a few more of their beers and I quite liked their Pale Ale (Doggie Style, I think).

A brewer died at Stone yesterday when he flipped a forklift and got pinned.

Wear your seatbelts forklifters.

Read this. That is truly fucked up. A brewer from RedHook died last year due to some pressurization accident with a keg.

Wow. That is horrible. :(

EDIT: Oh, and finally decided to try Untappd. Username is Phonciplebone

Added you and the bunch of people listed above. Username is BForBendetta

aceface

From Ommegang...

Brewery Ommegang is excited to announce that Take the Black Stout, the highly anticipated second beer in our collaborative series with HBO’s Game of Thrones, goes on sale at the brewery on Labor Day (Monday, September 2) at 11 am.

In addition to Ommegang’s regular tours, tastings, and café service on Monday, guests can taste the new beer during a special launch event from 11 am to 6 pm in our outdoor tasting tent and enjoy specials in the store and café.

Café special: prix fixe menu in honor of Take the Black Stout: three courses for two people for one price. Each course is paired with a different beer, including Iron Throne Blonde Ale and Take the Black Stout, and the special menu also includes a takeaway Duvel Apero glass for each guest.

Store special: Buy any case of beer at the store (excluding Take the Black Stout) and receive a free gift bottle of Iron Throne Blonde Ale (while supplies last.)

Niiice, I'll be there at 11:00!

johnsmith

remember me
Brooklyn stuff isn't available in Utah but I'll see what I can find that I haven't tried in a saison. Have a couple of ipas at home but I want to try something new. Haven't had a saison in a while.

What type of beer would go well with Japanese curry?

I'd personally pick something clean and a bit malty like a Vienna Lager (Negra Modelo is easy to find) or Munich Dunkel or Munich Helles. A saison would be good as well, I think.

I know a lot of people really like hoppy beers with spicy or boldly spiced food, but to me the hops and heat just don't work well together. This is just getting into personal preferences, however.

Asked my regular place if they had any more Stone Gotterdammerung IPA, because I really liked that. Sadly, they did not. But they did have one bottle left of the "Enjoy by 9/13/13" IPA. Unexpected surprise.

Think I will play it safe and enjoy it by 9:13:13 instead.

PG2G

This was a very effective 12oz

Also picked up a 4 pack of Ninkasi bombers. Couldn't resist trying a brewery that just started distributing down here... especially at $16 for 4 bottles

Had my first Fresh Hop for the year tonight at my neighborhood pub. Two Beers (Seattle) had their Yakima Valley Cenntenial hop IPA on cask. Really nice.

I love experimenting with new beers and all, but I find the ones that make me the happiest are nice, bitter IPAs. LOVE the Stone IPA line above all other recently. Any good suggestions for some nice, bitter as my soul beers that I can get in CT easily? I have yet to try City Steam's Innocence IPA, but shall soon. Big fan of their Naughty Nurse.

I love experimenting with new beers and all, but I find the ones that make me the happiest are nice, bitter IPAs. LOVE the Stone IPA line above all other recently. Any good suggestions for some nice, bitter as my soul beers that I can get in CT easily? I have yet to try City Steam's Innocence IPA, but shall soon. Big fan of their Naughty Nurse.

Don't know about microbrews in your area. Of the bigger brands, Hoptimum or Torpedo from Sierra Nevada are pretty damn great if you're looking for bitter. I also dig Ranger from New Belgium.

Personally my favorites are Pliny or Lagunitas IPA.

Don't know about microbrews in your area. Of the bigger brands, Hoptimum or Torpedo from Sierra Nevada are pretty damn great if you're looking for bitter. I also dig Ranger from New Belgium.

Personally my favorites are Pliny or Lagunitas IPA.

Lagunitas is easily found around here. I think I have found Sierra Nevada as well, but shall look for that as well as Pliny.

Thank you for the recommendations.

Lagunitas is easily found around here. I think I have found Sierra Nevada as well, but shall look for that as well as Pliny.

Pliny is from Russian River Brewery and they're ridiculous about shipping their beers. Even in Santa Rosa (where they're located) I can't seem to find it anywhere. So good luck. It's worth it if you're near their brewery though.

Hoptimum though. That stuff was delicious. The others I mentioned are good, but that stuff is great.

PG2G

I think the only place that Russian River distros in the east coast is Philly.

CT is close enough to VT that you might consider a trip to some of the really good breweries in that area (The Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Lawsons's)

PG2G

Christ almighty. I hope they still have some on tap by the time I can make it over there. Probably not until the 2nd to last day.

Get the luckie charm if they have it when you go. Not the best beer I have ever had, but certainly one of the most unique.

I don't think they'll have it all on tap at the same time. Some of it will probably be reserved for the brewery specific nights i'd imagine. And shelton is coming Saturday so that is probably when all their stuff (Cantillon, Jolly Pumpkin, etc) will be on. The brewery events start at 5 so you'll probably be okay.

I'm going to try to make it to Cascade night, we'll see though.

mcfrank

I don't think they'll have it all on tap at the same time. Some of it will probably be reserved for the brewery specific nights i'd imagine. And shelton is coming Saturday so that is probably when all their stuff (Cantillon, Jolly Pumpkin, etc) will be on. The brewery events start at 5 so you'll probably be okay.

I'm going to try to make it to Cascade night, we'll see though.

Amazingly good event. It should make Lucky Baldwins in pasadena go cry in a corner and beg forgiveness for how bad their sour week was in comparison.

Asked my regular place if they had any more Stone Gotterdammerung IPA, because I really liked that. Sadly, they did not. But they did have one bottle left of the "Enjoy by 9/13/13" IPA. Unexpected surprise.

Think I will play it safe and enjoy it by 9:13:13 instead.

The Gotterdammerung IPA was a little much for me. I've got a couple Enjoy by 9/13/13's right now. Will probably drink it this weekend.

codhand

Phonicle if youre drinking City Steam and like it, youre doing yourself a disservice by not going to New England Brewing Co. which is one of the best breweries in the country, plus you cant get your bitter-on easily there.

Top Bottom