• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

fijim

Banned
ju0Hx52.jpg

Anyone else excited for this years Bourbon County release?

Bourbon County Brand Stout
Bourbon County Brand Stout - Coffee
Bourbon County Brand Stout - Coconut
Bourbon County Brand Stout - Backyard Rye
Bourbon County Brand Barleywine

t-ramp

ju0Hx52.jpg

Bourbon County Brand Stout - Backyard Bramble
Bourbon County Brand Barleywine
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for some.

Looking forward to having a Founders Porter tonight and trying out my "new" Surface RT.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just won a lottery for 6 bottles of Kern River Citra.

Who wants to touch me?!

I still have to pay for them. Its a lottery for the opportunity to purchase =V

Oreoleo

Coconut Stout, that sounds absolutely foul... I would still try it though. I thought the anise in the Ommegang GoT stout would be dreadful but it's actually pretty good!

Milchjon

One of our brewmasters used to work for Sam Adams until recently. He has tons of stuff to tell. He claims to have been the first person on earth to shotgun one of those fancy new cans.

Got this today.

6URrNnx.jpg

The fruitiness in the arrival isn't as strong as the color suggests. The nose is also a little more tempting than the actual taste. Raspberry, grapefruit/lemon citrus, blackberries? and of course the deep flavor of currants take a couple seconds to appear behind the initial burst of tartness. The beer lingers for a while with a flavor that reminds me of yogurt bread, which would make sense given the lactofermentation process.

Overall: Awesome dark grapefuit color, lots of tart fruit, and the finish is delicious. Could use more depth of flavor to combat the strength of the red fruits. Not my favorite from the commons, but it's a fine autumn sour.

http://i.imgur.com/ju0Hx52.jpgIMG]

Bourbon County Brand Stout - Backyard Rye
Bourbon County Brand Barleywine[/QUOTE]
Gonna have to get some. I only have one bottle left (a 2010). I drink one every thanksgiving

So I finally found a place out here in Key West that offers wide variety of craft beers. I'm still very new and trying to figure out what I like. Ended up picking up a bottle of Pumpking, a bottle of Wychwood Brewery Ginger Beard, and some Dry-Hopped on the High Seas (was recommended by the stores resident beer guy).

Not sure what I'm going to try tonight. I'm thinking of saving the Pumpking for Halloween.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I'm going to drink all of you (someday)!

10362765344_843704e7e1_c.jpg

- Emelisse Smoked Rye IPA
- Rooie Dop Chica Americana IPA
- Dochter van de Korenaar Belle-Fleur IPA
- Saison Dupont Saison
- Saison Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux
- Flying Dog The Fear Pumpkin Ale
- Brew Dog Jackhammer IPA
- Brouwerij 't IJ White IPA

Cr0wn0

When you guys are filling growlers do places charge you for the cap? I've never been charged before and one of the liquor stores near me started doing it. It's only .50 cents but he looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about it. He said he never tells people about it because its just implied. I could care less about the charge just curious if this is common or if I've just been lucky the past few years.

I really love the 'Merica, something about those Nelson hops that just makes it so tasty but so easy to drink.

Went to Whole Foods today for their 20% off beer sale in norcal and tried to take it easy, only picked up:

Deschutes Green Monster (last one they had!)
Freigeist Ottekolong
Green Flash West Coast IPA

Pretty great deals on a bunch of other stuff but I've been spending too much on beer as is. Drinking the Ottekolong now. Kolsch is maybe my favorite style of beer when done right and this is fantastic. I don't think I'd ever had an unfiltered one but it still tastes just like I want a kolsch to taste.

Local place had La Trappe Quad. $18 for 12.7 oz?! No thanks. The dubbel by them was only $10 for 22oz.

Picked up a pack of Weyerbacher Insanity instead.

So I finally found a place out here in Key West that offers wide variety of craft beers. I'm still very new and trying to figure out what I like. Ended up picking up a bottle of Pumpking, a bottle of Wychwood Brewery Ginger Beard, and some Dry-Hopped on the High Seas (was recommended by the stores resident beer guy).

Not sure what I'm going to try tonight. I'm thinking of saving the Pumpking for Halloween.

Ok so impressions...

Ginger Beard... low abv and as a result.. really tastes like Ginger Ale. Not bad but no bite at all really. Disappointing.

Pumpking was awesome. Definitely tastes like a pumpkin pie. I had heard the pumpkin taste was artificial tasting. Not at all imo. Great beer. Going to grab more next chance I get.

Dry-Hopped on the High Seas... strong IPA. Has slight floral notes. For being as hoppy as it is I find it enjoyable. It seems less aggressive than most other IPAs I've had. Good stuff.

johnsmith

remember me
I think somebody posted a video here about where to buy beer glasses. It said to go to a dollar store, and they weren't kidding. The one by my house had tons of glasses. Picked up a pair of tulips and a pair of weizens, but they had a really solid variety.

Black Chocolate Stout is here all the time in CT it seems. Quite good, and good bang for the buck at $7.50 for a 4 pack.

For around here, it obeys the schedule Brooklyn sets it. It makes its appearance in October and becomes scarce by February. Also, I pay $5 for my 4 pack at a nearby beer distribution center....probly the reason why I love BCS.

For around here, it obeys the schedule Brooklyn sets it. It makes its appearance in October and becomes scarce by February. Also, I pay $5 for my 4 pack at a nearby beer distribution center....probly the reason why I love BCS.

I hates youse. :)

Just reminds me of anytime the in laws visit. They complain about how expensive alcohol is here in CT compared to IL. I know it is high here.

I hates youse. :)

Just reminds me of anytime the in laws visit. They complain about how expensive alcohol is here in CT compared to IL. I know it is high here.

Well I'm from NYC. I'm pretty sure this is an error on the part of that center because I visited other centers around and they have them priced at $10 and up for a 4 pack. I guess I really lucked out. =]

t-ramp

I think somebody posted a video here about where to buy beer glasses. It said to go to a dollar store, and they weren't kidding. The one by my house had tons of glasses. Picked up a pair of tulips and a pair of weizens, but they had a really solid variety.
Might have been me. I ended up getting a tulip, weizen, and a mug (Seidel?). Unfortunately, I cracked the tulip right after washing it when I got home.

I also got a Nonic pint glass, a wine glass, and a 12oz pub glass from K-Mart a couple weeks ago. I might go looking for some more glassware at some point.

Jamesways

Rocking at Brau Brothers Moo Joos Oatmeal Milk Stout. Shit's thick son.

That stuff is delicious. MN has some awesome craft beers cropping up.

So I'm drinking a Left Hand Warrior IPA. Love it. Super good. The malt backbone reminds me of New Belgium Snow Day.

I look online to compare malt and hops of both and read a rumor that New Belgium has discontinued Snow Day, Red Hoptober, Belgo, and Somersault Ale. Bummer.
Their website confirms, none of those available anymore.

I drank so much Snow Day last year, really loved that one, it was the taste of winter for me. Loved Red Hoptober too.

I'm so sad man.

At least I have this Warrior IPA to remind me.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I went on quite the beer journey over this weekend. Here's what I had, in order of consumption:

Founders Breakfast Stout
Trappistes Rochefort 10
Cigar City Vienna Lager
Cigar City Common Porter
Funky Buddha Bonita Applebum
Blue Moon Rounder
Heavy Seas Big Dippa
Weyerbacher Tiny
Southern Tier Plum Noir
Cigar City Cucumber Saison
Magic Hat Humdinger Graupel
Southern Tier Warlock
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy

I think there was something else in there that I'm forgetting.

PG2G

This is part of Shelton's first shipment back in WA. Won't get 3F and Cantillon again until next year. :(

Good thing they're shelf turds in Canada.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't know if the Cantillon shipments even make it to the shelves most places here lol.

These were just put out while I was in the store. One per type per household. Period.

The prices are insane for Cantillon here, so I don't mind waiting for trips to Vancouver. The 375s were $19 each vs $10 up in Canada.

fijim

Banned
These were just put out while I was in the store. One per type per household. Period.

The prices are insane for Cantillon here, so I don't mind waiting for trips to Vancouver. The 375s were $19 each vs $10 up in Canada.

Yeah, I can find 3F stuff from time to time. But 375s are around $15-$20 and 750s are always $20+

Cantillon is extremely rare, but once in a while something will pop up on the shelf and sell out in hours.

PG2G

Hmmm. I feel like a 3F Guezue is about $20 here and a Tilquin is $25, both 750ml. Think the golden blend is about $25 for a 375ml.
That intense red was like $20 from what I remember though

Cantillon 750s are $25-$30 in Canada, and they sit on shelves. Well, Fou Fone sells out immediately, but everything else is readily available for weeks if not months.

terrible

Banned
Cantillon 750s are $25-$30 in Canada, and they sit on shelves. Well, Fou Fone sells out immediately, but everything else is readily available for weeks if not months.

Definitely depends on where you are in Canada. It's hard to find anything like that in Ontario or Quebec, outside of private orders that is.

Out with the Road, in with the new...BCS.

BW_HPANIQAA6kgP.jpg

I'll miss ya, Post. And let me say it's good to see you back, BCS.

That's the worst pumpkin beer I've ever had :(

Probably the only Brooklyn beer I don't like. BCS is amazing though. I wish I bought more when it was here.

Picked up my first sixer of the season of SN Celebration yesterday. It's a bit early for it to be rekindling all my holiday nostalgia but I'm not complaining, it's as delicious as ever. RIP Tumbler, though, now Celebration's the only SN seasonal I'll be looking forward to.

HiResDes

I picked up Weyerbach's Imperial in a 4-pack and right out of the gate I can say in comparison to Southern Tier's Pumpking it is a bit spicier, has a similar creamy mouthfeel, and carries a heavier alcohol taste. Overall I would day say it is more complex in depth than Pumking, but it's not quite as easy to drink. Very impressive brew nonetheless, and I'd actually put it above Dogfish's Punk'N

ShinAmano

So...there is a candy trade thread...is there a beer trade thread? I would love to get some regional beer that is not shipped to my area (Richmond VA) and I would be willing to pay or trade for stuff I can get.

We have Hardywood Park Craft Brewery here in town with the world famous Gingerbread Stout.

I would love to get my hands on some Three Floyds beer.

Hit me up if you are interested.

Top Bottom