• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Oh hello 2011 bottle of Bigfoot. Good thing I have like 12 more of you.

I think you guys would be really surprised how dry this is. There's almost no detectable "burn" or alcohol. But in all fairness, I don't think its that good; I prefer the nutty, pecan like flavors that many other barleywines have vs. this 2011.

I did a vertical with 2011, 2012 and 2013 this summer. Age does truly amazing things for Bigfoot. Even the 2012 was 98% as good as the 2011, both of which were way, way better than the 2013.

What's the retail price for a pack of BCBS (any of the variants)? A local store got some in and I wanna make sure I'm not getting price gouged before dropping cash.

fijim

Banned
What's the retail price for a pack of BCBS (any of the variants)? A local store got some in and I wanna make sure I'm not getting price gouged before dropping cash.

$20 for the variants, $22 for the regular (weird huh?)

But $25 and under is a good price for any of them (bomber or 4-pack).

Tawpgun

Attention Beer GAF.

I'm novice, have only had a few legitimately quality beers.

Just turned 21 last weekend.

Show me the light.

Prereqs: I live in Boston, so don't recommend some microbrew that isn't going to be sold here.

Attention Beer GAF.

Show me the light.

Prereqs: I live in Boston, so don't recommend some microbrew that isn't going to be sold here.

Cambridge Brewing, Jack's Abby, Pretty Things all make good beers.

Oh, Brouwers in Seattle is going to have a bunch of Surly on tap this Saturday. Pretty cool.

Misanthrope
Pentagram
Darkness
Smoke
Abrasive
Coffee Bender
Furious

I've only ever had Wet, Furious and the regular Bender in the past, so I'm excited to try a few of these.

Cr0wn0

BCBS sold out here in about 2 hours. Bevmo and Total wine were the only distributors supposed to get any. Local small shop posted a picture of 4 cases had a buddy that was 10 minutes from the store stop and get a pack. Really excited to try it out.

Seth C

nX4WL0S.jpg

Let's drink, guys!

mcfrank

Attention Beer GAF.

Show me the light.

Do you know what style you like yet? If not pick up what you can find in your area in the following categories (ask the proprietor of a decent beer store for help)

Stout/Porter
Sour
IPA
Wheat/Hef
White
Dubbel
Tripel
Quad

Get a bottle of each and see what style suits you. There are a lot more styles but if you tell us which of these you like we can help you out better. Being in Boston, I would assume you have access to Allagash's stuff. That would be a decent place to start with some of these.

t-ramp

Anyone had Stone's Vanilla Bean Smoked Porter yet? I passed on Suede, and I'm not sure yet if I'll bite on this one. I do like the regular version, though.

Seth C

Anyone had Stone's Vanilla Bean Smoked Porter yet? I passed on Suede, and I'm not sure yet if I'll bite on this one. I do like the regular version, though.

Suede was kinda meh. I've had the vanilla been smoked porter. It's okay. I don't love it.

I thought it was worth it. Had it from the bottle and also on cask while at Stone. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Was hoping to crack into the Stone Punishment tonight, but my company wasn't interested in anything spicy, so we had Delirium Nocturnum instead. Pretty damn good, so I'm not too upset.

Eusis

Drinking 3L of regular Arrogant Bastard in a day sounds rough, but doable. But that much Double Bastard...I feel sorry for that liver.
Bet it was a fun day though.
I have to imagine you'd hate being alive for a day or even two after something like that, damn.
That sounds like something I'd really like to try and will need to hunt down. I tried the Suede but didn't care much for it, I'd like to have a proper Russian Imperial Stout of theirs again.

PG2G

Apparently it's very scarce as well, so maybe I'll be more realistic and just stick to trying to acquire the Elder.

Yeah, Younger is a bit of an event. Kegs only, two hour lines to get a pour, etc. You're only gonna find it the say that the bar puts it on tap.

I actually think Russian River no longer distributed to WA, so you might be screwed.

Yeah, Younger is a bit of an event. Kegs only, two hour lines to get a pour, etc. You're only gonna find it the say that the bar puts it on tap.

I actually think Russian River no longer distributed to WA, so you might be screwed.

RR pulled out of WA last December, so yeah...

I did have a Pliny the other night, but I bought it in Oregon.

I had Younger a couple years ago at my neighborhood bottle shop. $5 ticket the week before, super laid back easy going experience and they had plenty for walk ins.

Tawpgun

Do you know what style you like yet? If not pick up what you can find in your area in the following categories (ask the proprietor of a decent beer store for help)

Stout/Porter
Sour
IPA
Wheat/Hef
White
Dubbel
Tripel
Quad

Get a bottle of each and see what style suits you. There are a lot more styles but if you tell us which of these you like we can help you out better. Being in Boston, I would assume you have access to Allagash's stuff. That would be a decent place to start with some of these.

Dunno how to distinguish between the flavor much, but my go too is always harpoon IPA

codhand

codhand

Rose de Grambinus on tap? You must order this.

Also I have never tried the Baladin Nora, but it sounds really interesting to me.

fake edit: that bottle list...

Fou Foune, 1995 Bigfoot, 2006 Stille Nacht, I dare you to order the magnum of Samichlaus

Nora is OK, my gf absolutely loves it though,

t-ramp

Briefly considered buying a Sweet Repute as well, but passed for now. I don't think I'll have any problem getting a bottle if I change my mind.

By the way, the Le Terroir was bottled in August if I read the date code right.

codhand

Here is their current draft list:

ubbr3mX.jpg

As an odd choice that no one else will say....Tilburg Dutch Brown might be the best brown ale ever. I know it's not a popular style, but hey, it's damn good.

Stillwater make the some of the best, if not the best, Saison's in the States ....

Evil Twin make beers you can't find in a lot of market's never had that particular one though

Top Bottom