• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

codhand

Just got to Mikro. Having Imperial Stout Trooper 2012. Sure you guys don't want to just meet here?

haha, glad you got your Trooper! yeah i can do mikro or cask republic, either way something close, this week will be busy for me at work, so ill need a close drink, ill bring a few beers in my car....

Seth C

haha, glad you got your Trooper! yeah i can do mikro or cask republic, either way something close, this week will be busy for me at work, so ill need a close drink, ill bring a few beers in my car....

Assuming PhoncipleBone is near Hartford, Mikro would be closer for him. So that makes the most sense.

codhand

NEBCO just tweeted their reopening will be Saturday, if you happen to be around that long, yeah, tuesday Mikro should be fine, anytime after 5pm

Assuming PhoncipleBone is near Hartford, Mikro would be closer for him. So that makes the most sense.

Mikro is about a 45 min drive for me, so that is not too bad. Assuming more work bullshit does not happen with my schedule (and it has been happening a lot this season), I should be free.

Went to FatHead's in Pittsburgh last night.

I got to have a few good beers.

beer-BeanMeUpKoffeeStout_127850.jpeg
Bean me Up an 8.4 % Coffee Stout

82626.jpg
Thirsty Dog Cerberus 10% Belgian Tripel

SorcererLabel-e1335550897657-200x200.png

Sorcerer 9% Belgian Strong Dark Ale

And my most anticipated:
1_108098226_3.jpg

Southern Tier Krampus. 9% Helles Lager

If anyone would like to add me on Untappd, go ahead! Name is peteklock
I've got 207 distinct beers!

Score! Stopped by store near work and they had Sucks finally. Going to be a long shift with that in the trunk. Should be cold but not frozen by the time my shift is over.

PG2G

I am mathism. Or it probably shows up with my full name which ok afraid to leave on NeoGAF haha. I'm the black guy with huge white glasses lol.

Doomsayer

What part of town are you from? I'm up in Los Angeles.

I am debating joining the Reserve Society. I did the Preservation Society all this year, which comes out to almost the same price as buying into Reserve Society. My only hesitation is this year seems to have more of a focus on their big high ABV beers and I am mainly a fan of their sours. Might hop in anyway, hate the feeling of missing out! I need to track down a bottle of Wanderer now haha,

I'm in LA as well.

Yeah I love their sours, but some of the high ABV stuff is fantastic. Especially the Chocolate Rain.

This will be my first year doing it. :)

PG2G

I'm in LA as well.

Yeah I love their sours, but some of the high ABV stuff is fantastic. Especially the Chocolate Rain.

This will be my first year doing it. :)

Nice, looks like it has sold out already. Last I saw they still had 40 spots left, good for my wallet I guess :p

Let me know if you end up having unused allocations, maybe we can work something out.

Doomsayer

Nice, looks like it has sold out already. Last I saw they still had 40 spots left, good for my wallet I guess :p

Let me know if you end up having unused allocations, maybe we can work something out.

Sounds like a plan.

By the way, sorry I kind of went AWOL. I ended up getting to try the Coffee BC, and it was glorious.

I want moar... moar!

codhand

SHIT. Work bullshit rears its head. Working tomorrow now, but off Thursday now instead. One of the other managers has some family stuff going on and could not work tomorrow, so I am on for that. Dammit.

You two enjoy the meetup. I will not be able to make it this time. I shall drink in spirit.

sucks man, we might have to setup a second one later after the holidays when it's less busy,

i'm still in for 6pm at Mikro today though

t-ramp

Today's haul. I haven't had anything from Pretty Things or Prairie before, so hopefully these were good choices.

Sounds like a plan.

By the way, sorry I kind of went AWOL. I ended up getting to try the Coffee BC, and it was glorious.

I want moar... moar!
SHIT. Work bullshit rears its head. Working tomorrow now, but off Thursday now instead. One of the other managers has some family stuff going on and could not work tomorrow, so I am on for that. Dammit.

You two enjoy the meetup. I will not be able to make it this time. I shall drink in spirit.
If you guys wanted to trade for a couple bottles each of BCBCS, send me a PM. I'm honestly not planning on drinking them.

So, was called and said not to come into work. The snow is affecting things and they are closing early. Oh well. The roads do look pretty rough around here.

For those that do make it to Mikro tonight, enjoy.

bowery

man i really wanted to pick up the duvel holiday set this winter but they stopped selling it at my local supermarket =[

pj

Banned
2TcJ5Vu.jpg

Very good for 6 bucks. If I had the patience or room, I'd buy a couple for cellaring to see what would happen.

PG2G

2TcJ5Vu.jpg

Very good for 6 bucks. If I had the patience or room, I'd buy a couple for cellaring to see what would happen.

Was reading about people buying whole cases of the Vintage ale and it being pretty damn good after a year or two.

pj

Banned
Was reading about people buying whole cases of the Vintage ale and it being pretty damn good after a year or two.

I had a 2013 vintage a few weeks ago and it was great for $5, but it's not something I'd seek out. Even though I just bought another one..

Whatever that extra dollar allows them to do with the Providential is amazing. Excellent beer

t-ramp

i'm gonna go regardless, i love mikro, look for a red bearded gent with a pint

snow should stop around 4-5pm

ps im bringing beers just in case,
lol is that you in Seth's Utopias Untappd check-in?

I think I'm going to try a North Coast Old Stock after I finish this Saga...

t-ramp

Yeah, no kidding, especially since so many larger-format bottles are $10 or more.

Anyway, I just hit 100 unique check-ins on Untappd! It works out to a new beer every 1.67 days going back to July. I don't know if that should be concerning.

Got my badge with this nice tart farmhouse ale:

PG2G

Hmmm, haven't seen that one before. I feel like I see Prairie post so much stuff on FB that I never see hit the shelves here. We better get Prairie Noir + Variants damnit

Seth C

Yeah, no kidding, especially since so many larger-format bottles are $10 or more.

Anyway, I just hit 100 unique check-ins on Untappd! It works out to a new beer every 1.67 days going back to July. I don't know if that should be concerning.

I'd day you're healthy. I'm averaging 4 new beers per day since April.

terrible

Banned

That's not alarming at all. I can hit 20+ over a weekend when there's a beer event going on. Samples mind you, but still yeah.

Man that Prairie shit looks like liquid gold, the west is still the frontier, fuck ya'll....Send us some of those riches.

Cross the river, it's in KY.

Glad to see Ithaca Flower Power back in the Cincy area (there was a dispute w/ the local distributor for 2-3 years). Also grabbed a Gouden Carolus Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw. So good.

terrible

Banned
I did a three beer blind tasting tonight. I ranked it St Bernardus 12 > Rochefort 10 > Chimay Blue. The blue isn't a quad but it's similar enough in style. The best part for me is that I actually guessed what all three were without even knowing what beers I was trying haha.

Seth C

I did a three beer blind tasting tonight. I ranked it St Bernardus 12 > Rochefort 10 > Chimay Blue. The blue isn't a quad but it's similar enough in style. The best part for me is that I actually guessed what all three were without even knowing what beers I was trying haha.

That's a fun idea. I think when I get home I'll have some friends over for a blind test of Pliny the Elder, Heady Topper, and Ghandi Bot.

Top Bottom