• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

KingGondo

Banned
0A9B2B21-30F7-49DA-9D13-131447B5F9AF_zps36ae5coa.jpg
Had the Mikkeller Brunch Weasel last night. Really, really good stuff. Well-rounded for an Imperial Stout, nice depth of flavor.

Highly recommended.

How was it in '06? '07 was the first year I went and it was pretty crazy by then already. I have seen video from '05 and it was just a tiny event with everyone able to fit inside the brewery.

More crowded than '05 but still not too bad. Got there about 9:30 and there were maybe 10-15 of us hanging out. Parked right next to the building attached to 3F, popped our trunks and started sharing some beers. Was definitely crowded when the bottles went on sale.

No bottles from '06 left but I still have some '08 (so good) and newer.

fijim

Banned
More crowded than '05 but still not too bad. Got there about 9:30 and there were maybe 10-15 of us hanging out. Parked right next to the building attached to 3F, popped our trunks and started sharing some beers. Was definitely crowded when the bottles went on sale.

No bottles from '06 left but I still have some '08 (so good) and newer.

Nice, yeah in 07 there was quite the line, I just showed up and didn't even know you could bottle share. I think after 06 it topped the rankings on ratebeer.com and then just exploded in popularity.

So I'm going to the Oregon Brewer's Festival in July. I've seen the beer list, but can't say I'm familiar with more than a few of the breweries.

http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/index2.php?p=beers

Which beers should I most be excited about?

Kind of an underwhelming list to be honest. However, there's some good stuff in there.

Boneyard Bone Light
Gigantic Strawberry Rhubarb Gose
Upright TBD Saison
Paradise Creek Huckleberry Pucker
Cigar City

It's not a terrible list, but a lot of the stuff isn't anything special and what you'd find at any craft beer bar.

The surprise tent will have awesome stuff for sure, though.

M.W.

First post in this thread. I love me some beer. I actually tried Miller Fortune tonight. Not bad. I know, not a good first impression, oh well.

Cr0wn0

Had a taster of Fortune the other day at Total wine. Not completely awful, Not something I would want to drink unless I had no other choice. The whole serving it like a bourbon is seriously dumb.

Socreges

Banned
Kind of an underwhelming list to be honest. However, there's some good stuff in there.

Boneyard Bone Light
Gigantic Strawberry Rhubarb Gose
Upright TBD Saison
Paradise Creek Huckleberry Pucker
Cigar City

It's not a terrible list, but a lot of the stuff isn't anything special and what you'd find at any craft beer bar.

The surprise tent will have awesome stuff for sure, though.
Hmm, that's too bad. I didn't recognize any so I thought it might be underwhelming, but was hoping it was just my ignorance.

Meeting some friends there so either way it'll be a good time. Just means I need to focus on hitting up more breweries in California.

KingGondo

Banned
Finally had Zombie Dust last night (thanks to ErnieMcCracken!).

Very, very nice stuff. If I had to describe it in one word, it would be "lush."

Maybe my palate's way off, but it reminded me quite a bit of Heady Topper (which I had over the holidays last year). Extremely hoppy but smooth. Aromatic and citrusy.

Glad I still have a bottle left. :)

Hmm, that's too bad. I didn't recognize any so I thought it might be underwhelming, but was hoping it was just my ignorance.

Meeting some friends there so either way it'll be a good time. Just means I need to focus on hitting up more breweries in California.

It's not a bad list at all, and lots of good beers, but it's not really a "Wow! What a festival" list. You'll have a good time and enjoy yourself.

Ughhhhhhh Peche 'n Brett sounds so good. Love everything I've had from Logsdon so far but this seems like heaven. Saw a bottle last year but passed on it and I've been kicking myself for it every since.

Ughhhhhhh Peche 'n Brett sounds so good. Love everything I've had from Logsdon so far but this seems like heaven. Saw a bottle last year but passed on it and I've been kicking myself for it every since.

It's really good. Stopped by my neighborhood Whole Foods today and asked if they got it in. The beer buyer knows me, so he felt ok bringing out two bottles. I really wasn't given a choice. I wanted one, but he felt I needed two.

Nice guy, but I wonder if they don't sell them to other people who ask...

And then a buddy got me a third bottle at Bottleworks on his lunch break. I think I'll give that one to my parents.

Socreges

Banned
Had the Brooklyn Blast! IPA on tap earlier. Really good! Not particularly hoppy but nice citrus flavours

And on a more Pacific Northwest note, the Lighthouse Numbskull is out again and I've got one sitting in my fridge. Was so tempted it crack it on getting home, but I need to be in decent shape tomorrow morning *looks at clock* ... fuck

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh my god this Milk Stout Nitro

Like, I usually dig the heavier stouts like ol' raspy but this is really something. Can totally see the sweetness being a bit of a turnoff for some but it really makes the chocolate/coffee flavors of the style stick out. Loved that pour, too.

Oh my god this Milk Stout Nitro

Like, I usually dig the heavier stouts like ol' raspy but this is really something. Can totally see the sweetness being a bit of a turnoff for some but it really makes the chocolate/coffee flavors of the style stick out. Loved that pour, too.

I must have gotten a bad batch since it seemed rather bland to me compared to other stouts I like, other then the pour and how smooth it was.

PG2G

Cool to see Bell's coming to CA. Sucks that it is only San Diego for now though. Maybe I'll get to try hopslam eventually.

Top Bottom