• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Last night was the Pine Box's 2nd anniversary party. Epic.

Seattle Cider Company -- Gin Botanical Cider
Elysian -- Superfuzz randalled with grapefruit, pineapple, etc.
Firestone Walker -- XVII
Firestone Walker -- Winter Wookie
Lost Abbey -- Cuvee de Tomme
Logsdons -- Peche n Brett
North Sound -- Hopsolute IPA cask
Avery -- Mephistopheles
Engine House No. 9 -- Verre Violet sour
Fremont Brewing -- The 1st Nail (2014) cinnamon/licorace stout
Fremont Brewing -- The Rusy Nail (2013 1st Nail aged in Heaven Hills barrels)
Off Color Brewing -- DinoS'mores imperial marsmallow stout
10 Barrel -- The 2nd Nail Cider Weiss

21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon, Damn you! I want to try this so much, when will it be Florida's turn.

Come to the West Coast, it's at pretty much every single grocery store.

KingGondo

Banned
Only one I've had on that list is the Mephistopheles Stout.

I need to try it again, because last time (several years ago) I found it to be really overwhelming. Almost syrupy consistency.

Off Color is killin it right now

how was Rusty Nail?

Absolutely amazing. Easily the best thing that Fremont has ever made. The keg blew in 10 minutes (tapped at 6pm, my buddy got one of the last pours), and they sold 3 cases of bottles long before I got there. Fortunately the brewery has 30 cases they'll be selling next week at a lower price point.

codhand

ive been to ones like that,

h305E3288

Ave22

I love beer, but I lack my taste buds lack the finesse to distinguish between flavors. Honestly, a lot of beer tastes the same to me, and I love it all the same. What can I do to expand my beer lexicon?

Linius

My local supermarket surprised me today, they've been changing around the beers. For some reason Chimay is out. But now they have Karmeliet Tripel which I'm drinking right now and is very good. They also added La Trappe white beer. Apparently the only official trappist white beer. Saving those for tomorrow though.

CrankyJay

Banned
Anyone ever have Southampton Double White? Had it the other night on tap and have been looking for it in bottles ever since.

Edit: nvm, just picked up a 6 pack at wegmans. Excited.

west coast getting bells and founders is bs, we dont have any of their stuff and they get all of our best....

To be fair, we get Old Rasputin from North Coast brewing, which is in CA, and I'd rather have that the any of the founders stouts. Not that they aren't great of course.

Cr0wn0

My local beer shop got some Bruery stuff in...Sour in the Rye, Oude Tart, and White Oak, any of those recommended?

I would see if you can try them first. I love what the bruery is trying to do but they always seem to come in just short for me and at over $20 a bottle they should all be awesome.

Edit: except Black Tuesday, it's awesome.

PG2G

My local beer shop got some Bruery stuff in...Sour in the Rye, Oude Tart, and White Oak, any of those recommended?

Bruery sours are typically a safe bet. White Oak didn't do too much for me because I was expecting White Oak Sap which I had at the tap room and was awesome

fijim

Banned
Was able to go to a great tasting this past weekend at a local craft beer store. Some really great beers here. The New Belgium Blackberry Whiskey Aged Love, and Perennial Sump de Vanilla were highlights for me, but pretty much everything was great.

fijim

Banned
How long did you keep going after I left?

I really wanted to love this as I have the others in the series, but it is way way too sweet as PG2G warned. Thanks for picking it up for me anyway.

Yeah, I tried to solo a whole bottle on New Years... bad idea.

I think the fruit variants are good for sipping, but you don't need much more than 4oz. IMO Backyard is the worst of the variants this year, I think regular is better.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How long did you keep going after I left?

I really wanted to love this as I have the others in the series, but it is way way too sweet as PG2G warned. Thanks for picking it up for me anyway.

Augh, even if that one isn't the best I'd love to be able to find any damn Bourbon County around here.

Cr0wn0

RMZQjqul.jpg

I guess the distributor here for GI decided to hide some Bourbon County for a few months and just released it to a few accounts. Pretty lucky to even get one more. I've never had the red poppy but I love the style. The knotty pine won the gold at the last GABF and is Awesome.

Top Bottom