• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

I get such shitty distribution where I'm at. There's often a reserve list for the really limited stuff, but not for KBS this year. I'll have to call my local store in the morning.

Just got home for work. Having the KBS now.

fXAPa7U.gif

Place near work had it. They said it wasnt supposed to be sold until Tuesday, and only two bottles a person. But the guy knows me so he sold me a four pack today.

Going to stop by the place near home and buy more. Already gave one bottle to a coworker so he can try it. I know he will get me something good in return.

PG2G

I need this in my mouth

Veritas 013 – American Sour with Peaches and Nectarines
The 13th edition of the Veritas series is an experiment using 3 separate strains of Brettanomyces, before honey, Peaches and Nectarines were added. The beer spent around 2 years total in French Oak barrels. Notes of fruits Peaches and Nectarines, oaky wood, brown sugar and Toasted Granola with Brett character throughout.

skynidas

Banned
You can. Lots of them.

smh

I am taking a trip to Belgium just to drink beer. I think you guys are all set.

haha that is true. we want what we can't have.

and i've been to belgium and that place is crazy.

nothing like walking from a beer place to another with a bottle of cantillon lou pepe kriek in your hand, with lots of people that also love beer surrounding you. one of the best trips i've done, want to go there again soon

PG2G

I am debating going down there for it, but I may need to help my mother in law move into her new place. I should know for sure today and I will let you know.

Sounds like Mike and I are gonna try to order too. Let me know, we can carpool down or something.

fijim

Banned
KBS hype is in full effect in Chicagoland. Most stores selling out in under 30 minutes after tweeting they have it.

codhand

Was gone in a day, didn't get any from Party Source...I'm not super bummed though

super hyped beers....sigh...i do love this one, but the Game of Thrones beers which arent as hypeworthy receive the same levels of craziness around release, but for marketing reasons.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about going to that, but isn't it something like $90 for 4 hours of tasting? Way too much for me.

From what I've heard from people who have gone in past years, the real party is during the after hours bottle shares on the camp grounds. The official tasting is just icing on top

ShinAmano

Pick up today:
2 - Founders KBS
3 - Ommegang GOT Red Ales
4 - Dogfish Head Palo Santo Maroon

I think I did good. I am hoping to score a couple more KBS but all of Richmond seemed to get a total of 5 or so cases :(

Socreges

Banned
So I'm possibly having someone ship some Zombie Dust to me (either a case of 12 or a case of 4 6-packs, depending). From Illinois to British Columbia. Neither of us know what the best way to do it is - suggestions? Estimate of cost?

I'll be calling Three Floyds tomorrow and doing some research online, but thought I'd drop a post here as well since you guys are an amazing resource. Pardon my ignorance.

fijim

Banned
So I'm possibly having someone ship some Zombie Dust to me (either a case of 12 or a case of 4 6-packs, depending). From Illinois to British Columbia. Neither of us know what the best way to do it is - suggestions? Estimate of cost?

I'll be calling Three Floyds tomorrow and doing some research online, but thought I'd drop a post here as well since you guys are an amazing resource. Pardon my ignorance.

Just curious, what information are you hoping to get by calling Three Floyds?

They charge $40 for a case, a case contains 4-six packs.

Maybe read over this forum thread, you may get some useful information.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/problem-with-shipping-beer-from-us-to-canada.6530/

Shipping beer from the US into Canada is a total crapshoot. It might get confiscated, might not. I'd go over to the Beer Advocate forums and ask for some advice.

Socreges

Banned
Just curious, what information are you hoping to get by calling Three Floyds?

They charge $40 for a case, a case contains 4-six packs.

Maybe read over this forum thread, you may get some useful information.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/problem-with-shipping-beer-from-us-to-canada.6530/
The price of a case and how it was packaged. And to ensure they had it in stock. Don't think a call is necessary now though. Thanks.

Shipping beer from the US into Canada is a total crapshoot. It might get confiscated, might not. I'd go over to the Beer Advocate forums and ask for some advice.
Hmmm.... shit

fijim

Banned
The price of a case and how it was packaged. And to ensure they had it in stock. Don't think a call is necessary now though. Thanks.

Hmmm.... shit

They keep their to go beer list up to date. http://www.3floyds.com/beers-to-go/

It shows in stock right now. Just FYI Zombie Dust usually sells out after a few days there. It has been in stock since Monday so expect it to sell out soon (maybe even today). After it sells out it usually comes back in a week or two. It would not be packaged well enough to ship. You would want to individually wrap each bottle quite well or use a Styrofoam bottle shipper made specifically for that purpose.

fijim

Banned
Just have him check the website or call before he goes. It does sometimes last a week, sometimes sells out in a day or two.

fijim

Banned
I'd love to be able to pick up a case of it, myself, at Dark Lord Day. I know that's going to be a fight, though.

They always seem to have it at Dark Lord Day, what group do you have? If you have Group A or B you should be able to pick some up no problem I would think.

They always seem to have it at Dark Lord Day, what group do you have? If you have Group A or B you should be able to pick some up no problem I would think.
I'm group D. It was the earliest one available when I finally got in. What sucks is that I came back twenty minutes later and there were group B tickets available that presumably fell out of expired carts.

In other news, I stopped by three stores for KBS today. First place got one case, all of them accounted for by friends of the manager. The second got one case that nobody knew anything about until I pointed at it behind the counter. Dude called the manager to check and I got one bottle out of it. Third place is fairly reliable. They got three cases, but they were also only selling singles. There was one more place on the other side of town that might have gotten a box, but I didn't get around to checking.

I guess two bottles is better than I should have expected. Got a beer tasting event next weekend that should have it available, too, so I'll probably just stock these away.

ShinAmano

Where are you located?
Richmond Va. So I have access to breweries like Hardywood, Legend, Licking Hole Creek and any breweries that distribute in the area.

I have some hard to get beers I would be willing to trade for some three Floyd's or other hard to get stuff.

ShinAmano

Ugh two posts in a row...

Anyhow I picked up:
2 - Brew Dog Tokyo (had in Scotland uh huh so good)
1 - 3 Brothers Resolute...never had any of their beer but it was highly recommend
1 Victory Big Dipa
1 Hardywood Hoopla (great ipa)

Anyhow going to crack a KBS tonight and see where that goes.

Top Bottom