• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

PG2G

l33Q9bU.jpg

Osaka pickups from yesterday. That was 1,254 yen.

Going to hit up Baird?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
really miss KBS...don't know if i will get anyone to send me some this year.

picking up several bottles of parabola tomorrow, though.

trying my first Dark Horse Plead the 5th and thinking of you. How tough is the bourbon barrel variation to come by?

bowery

founders breakfast definitely holds its own to kbs, both pretty distinct stouts and kbs is by no means superior to the regular breakfast stout

t-ramp

So, is rye done for the year? I cannot find Sierra Ruthless Rye anywhere. BTW: What are other good rye's for next year?
I think New Belgium just put out their RyePA in bombers, part of their Hop Kitchen series.

Founders' Red's Rye IPA and Summit's Frost Line Rye are good if you're in their distribution areas.

A couple of Stone Brewing tap takeovers in Melbourne, Australia today. I went to one with 20 taps and had 16/20 of what was available (having had 4 of them via grey imports prior).

w00tstout is pretty good, Crime is crazy spicy, this coming from someone who made his own habanero hot sauce, Guardian is not bad, 12.12.12 tastes like a spiced Christmas beer, Burning Rosids was quite interesting.

List was (in no particular order):
2012 Old Guardian, Cali Belgique, Smoked Porter, Go To IPA, Levitation, Pale Ale, Crime, 2013 Smoked Old Guardian, 2013 Double Bastard, Sublimely Self-Righteous, Reason Be Damned, w00tstout, 2011 Russian Imperial Stout, 12.12.12 Vertical Epic, Burning Rosida, Cali Belgique (red wine aged).

codhand

Had the KBS last night, so damn good. A place near me sold their case to a guy offering "hundreds" of dollars, the staff were pissed so they were snitching on the manager who sold it, because usually the staff all share a bottle.. Lol, once again hype levels causing space for all types of fuckery. SMH and sipping my beer.

fijim

Banned

I think so. IMO KBS is a bit over hyped. Of course it is much stronger, thicker, and sweeter than Breakfast Stout. It is barrel aged after-all. If you haven't had many barrel aged stouts, it may be more mind blowing. But if you have had the various versions of BCBS it isn't nearly as impressive. Still good, yes, but over-hyped.

HiResDes

Now I really can't be bothered to hustle for a case whatsoever...lol

...Founders Breakfast Stout can be had for cheap, I'll just stick with that.

Has anyone had the Odell Woodcut #7? My friends and I are big fans, but it sucks that its $20 a bottle. Are there any Russian Imperial Stouts that are close to that, but are a little cheaper?

Cr0wn0

Has anyone tried the Game of Thrones "Fire and Blood" ale? I saw it in the store tonight but didn't pull the trigger on it.

One person I know said it was pretty bad, below the other 2 by far. I got it only because its basically tradition now. I'll let you know tonight as well. They flew off the shelves here oddly, Total wine had a bottle limit on them.

PG2G

One person I know said it was pretty bad, below the other 2 by far. I got it only because its basically tradition now. I'll let you know tonight as well. They flew off the shelves here oddly, Total wine had a bottle limit on them.

I heard the opposite. Haven't tried any of then though.

aceface

I had the fire and blood. Definitely the thickest and heaviest of the GoT ones. It was pretty good. But at the end of the day it's not as good as Ommegangs abbey ale.

PG2G

yeah how much did you drop there, and im assuming youre on the west coast if you have that kind of selection

Yeah.. a bit over $200. The Hair of the Dogs were $18 and like $25 lol. The Cantillon ranged from $23 to $36. But... when else do you get the chance to buy stuff like that? Lol

And yeah, in Los Angeles. They must have been hoarding Cantillon for years. They must have had over 100 kriek and gueuze 375ml

Socreges

Banned
I've had the Take the Black sitting in my fridge for months now. Finally gonna crack it tonight for the premiere. Not expecting a whole lot, but should be 'fun'. Same with the show

I had the fire and blood. Definitely the thickest and heaviest of the GoT ones. It was pretty good. But at the end of the day it's not as good as Ommegangs abbey ale.
Boom!

Decided last minute to go to a stores grand opening... had no idea what I was getting in to
I think I'd do the same. No restraint.

trying my first Dark Horse Plead the 5th and thinking of you. How tough is the bourbon barrel variation to come by?
i can't say...i am fortunate enough to have a few friends in the industry over there that usually hooked me up with brews like that. i never did end up standing in the KBS line despite having some every year.

i can tell you that it's worth it if you do manage to find some. fantastic bourbon barrel stout.

have you had kuhnhenn bourbon barrel aged 4th dementia?

dekline

wut the wut wut is this beer rotten?

t2014-04-07_151654jcs97.jpg

Dates on the cans go back no further than 5 months. Shit...Should have just bought the whole cart

Grabbed a Southern Tier Goat Boy and Lagunitas Imperial Stout bombers tonight. Also got a Stone Variety 12 pack. $19 for 3 each of Sublimely Self Righteous Ale, Stone IPA, Ruination IPA, and Arrogant Bastard Ale is pretty damn good. A four pack of Ruination alone would go for about $12 here.

bowery

lemme know how the goat boy is, was considering picking it up but seemed silly when the weihenstephaner vitus is cheaper and more true to the style

also excited for warmer weather, the season of strong citrusy IPAs and saisons

lemme know how the goat boy is, was considering picking it up but seemed silly when the weihenstephaner hefeweissber is cheaper and more true to the style

also excited for warmer weather, the season of strong citrusy IPAs and saisons

Will probably have the Goat Boy tomorrow night. Having the Lagunitas tonight. The only other weizenbock I have had was the Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus. I think. The bottle looks like what I had last year. I will double check next time I hit the store I bought it at. I just remember it being amazing.

EDIT: No, this is the only thing like it I have had. An Eisbock. It was still amazing.

Top Bottom