• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Eusis

It's not going to go bad or anything. But for strongly hopped beers, especially those with big late additions, you definitely benefit from drinking them fresh. Those forward-palate flavors and volatile aromas absolutely fade with age. Stone's got the right idea here.

As I understand it, their Enjoy By series uses the same recipe each time. So if you taste the 4/20 side by side with the 5/16, the difference you're observing is how much the hops fade in a month. And it can be a lot.
Point, and they're experts at making this stuff so at best the result wouldn't be what they intended.

Do want to give the line another shot to see if I like it more this time though, preferably just as they hit shelves.

t-ramp

Anybody had this one? Looks like it might be the second time Sam Adams has put it out. I've never had a braggot (or any mead), but this sounds like it might be worth trying.

samuel-adams1.png

Anybody had this one? Looks like it might be the second time Sam Adams has put it out. I've never had a braggot (or any mead), but this sounds like it might be worth trying.

Mmmm. Will have to hunt that down.

Also, shouldnt the Sam Adams' IPA Hopology packs be coming soon?

dekline

Never had it myself but I would buy that in a heartbeat.

My recent pickups:

rsz_2014-04-21_155915tgkqx.jpg

Jarnet87

Have not tried or seen the Braggot, but all of the Sam Adams small batch beers I've tried have been enjoyable.

edit: actually i did have it in the small batch collection I got. Was enjoyable but it didn't wow me as I can't recall a lot about it.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Goddamn it why is it so easy to enjoy a corona with some sports?
bout to finish a six pack to the playoffs today, can't do that with no crafts

Mr.Swag

Banned
I accept your challenge.

Bonus, dump out a shots worth of corona and replace it with bacardi limon. Plug the opening with your finger and gently mix. Drop in a lemon slice and you're on your way.

I used to this with tequila... My friends and I were idiots

oddjobs

My order came through:

dy3rwdUl.jpg

3T1XBy2l.jpg

Mostly IPA's. I've tasted a few (the Anderson Valleys, Jackhammer, I Beat yoU and maybe one of the Elav's?) but mostly stuff that's new to me.

The Brewdog Unleash the Yeast 4-pack isn't supposedly very good but I've got to try it at least. Really interested in the Xbeeriment ones. Finland being the shithole that it is as far as alcohol laws go, the state has a monopoly on retailing drinks over 4.7% ABV => the state-owned chain arbitrarily decides what beers it stocks. There's been improvement in the last few years but still.

Bars and pubs are more adventurous as far as importing goes so some of the stuff here is familiar to me.

These? I ordered them from France, shipping costs were about $30 and it took a week to arrive. Just doing what I can to stick it to the man, a beer bottle at a time.

Can't wait for Friday!

ShinAmano

^---nice haul.

I just picked up:
2 - Brew Dog Tokyo
1 - Lost Abby Deliverance
1 - Lost Abby Serpent Stout
1 Clown Shoes Undead Stout
1- Ola Dubh 18
1 - Ola Dubh 1991 limited

Going to fire up the undead tonight.

Snagged 120 Minute IPA. Was disappointed that the Stone Mixed 12 pack was gone though.
The store did have Stone Sprocket Bier. Was tempted to get it, but passed in the end.

ShinAmano

Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher...yum.

Also seriously if anyone wants to work out a deal for Dark Lord or Zombie Dust let me know. I have cash/trades or both.

mcfrank

How does it compare to bcbcs?

I like it more than it but I do not get a lot of coffee. Mostly the barrel at the front and chocolate at the back. I like it more than all of the BCBS except the BW.

Let me know when you want to meet up and get yours.

PG2G

I like it more than it but I do not get a lot of coffee. Mostly the barrel at the front and chocolate at the back. I like it more than all of the BCBS except the BW.

Let me know when you want to meet up and get yours.

I'm of Friday if you want to stop by. Gotta pay your for the Veritas too

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
The tap list for Local Option's pre-Dark Lord Day event on Friday is pretty amazing:

http://localoptionbier.com/2014/03/31/april-25th-beer-event/

Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine
Cisco Island Reserve Gose
Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree
Dark Horse Plead The Fifth
Firestone Walker Parabola
Founders KBS
Goose Island BCS Barley Wine 2013
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2013
Half Acre Double Daisy Cutter
Hoppin’ Frog DORIS The Destroyer
Jolly Pumpkin #47 Thai Basil