• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

fijim

Banned
What do you guys think of Bell's Black Note? I picked up a 4-pack for $25 earlier, so hopefully it's good.

Lucky you, many places sell it by the single bottle.

It is a very good barrel aged stout, not as good as Bourbon County in my opinion, but still great.

mcfrank

jt59G4R.jpg

Traded a 4 pack of BCBCS for this haul. Not bad. I am slowly rounding out a pretty good Allagash collection as I am now sitting on

I need to just find a few more Cooships.

PG2G

Looking good. You make me want to start trading :|

I have been gaining weight so I told myself no beer during weekdays, this is awful

PG2G

Just got this in my email

Dear Homeowners,

Tonight’s Annual Meeting is postponed in light of a recent verbal threat by Mr. <name ommitted> advising another homeowner to be careful of attending the Annual Meeting because there would be “bloodshed.”

Ah fuck, I'm having a drink just in case its my last

Socreges

Banned
If you go to Russian River you can buy either a case or half case, I forget the limit. RR is in northern California though, so a long drive from lots angels area.

And yeah there are places that fairly consistently have Pliny in trap
Well I'm coming down on California from Vancouver so I'll just make sure we take the right highway!

bowery

Traded a 4 pack of BCBCS for this haul. Not bad. I am slowly rounding out a pretty good Allagash collection as I am now sitting on

I need to just find a few more Cooships.

if you're ever in nyc new beer distributors on chrystie street in chinatown has a huge selection of allagash limited releases and not at obscene prices

Jarnet87

There is an event this Saturday in Miami called Brew At The Zoo, may go for the first time. Over 100 different beers to be there. I figure it's worth checking out. Not really expecting anything out of the ordinary or hard to find, but maybe I'll be surprised. I went to a beer event in Orlando years back, was a lot of fun.

So I brought a few Zombie Dust back from Dark Lord Day. Now, having let me palate resettle over the last few days, I'm sitting here drinking one.

I gotta say, it's good, but I'm not sure it's worth all the chase. The nose is great and it drinks smooth, but I think Alpha King is more balanced with a better body and malt profile.

Good but I prefer Sucaba. Will pick up s couple bottles though

Had it at Barrelworks a couple months back. It's not quite Sucaba good, but it's a reasonable alternative. I'll probably grab a couple bottles when they hit.

Cool, I love Sucaba and DDBA so another sweet barrel-aged offering is right up my alley. I usually dislike really sweet beers but damn can Firestone pull them off. Hopefully I can find a bottle or two; I was out of the country when Parabola hit :c

My dumb ass tried a sample of Habanero Sculpin today. Ughhhh why would an IPA be this spicy ughhhhhh

PG2G

My local spot still had parabola but they tend to mark Firestone up for some reason. It's probably $20 or so.

Had habanero sculpin available in cans/bottles?

My local spot still had parabola but they tend to mark Firestone up for some reason. It's probably $20 or so.

Had habanero sculpin available in cans/bottles?

I remember they were planning on bottling it sometime soon but I'm not sure what kind of distribution it's getting. Not that I'm planning on picking up a six pack or anything ugh

It was bottled, San Diego only.

Oh thank god... I mean that's a shame...

Anyway, does anyone know when the Bruery's Hottenroth is being released this summer? Or if it is being released this year? Definitely one of my favorites for hot weather and it's pretty affordable as far as their beers go.

Currently drinking an Acid Freaks by Australian brewery Brewcult. It's a Baltic Porter made with balsamic vinegar.

The vinegar sort of seems to have kickstarted the sour beer flavour, but it only provides the acidity of a sour and not the rest of the flavor profile that turns up in a regular dark sour.

PG2G

Oh thank god... I mean that's a shame...

Anyway, does anyone know when the Bruery's Hottenroth is being released this summer? Or if it is being released this year? Definitely one of my favorites for hot weather and it's pretty affordable as far as their beers go.

It is available on their website now so have at it

ShinAmano

Late to the Black Note Stout Party :(

Is there a place you can go to know when new beers will hit your area? I hate missing out...going to have to bribe someone at the store :(

t-ramp

If you're on Twitter, you can follow breweries, distributors, liquor/grocery stores, and even other local beer enthusiasts for release info. You can also check BeerAdvocate's regional and Beer Releases forums. Of course, if you find a knowledgeable employee at your local store and let them know what you like, they could probably let you know if they're expecting anything special.

fijim

Banned
Late to the Black Note Stout Party :(

Is there a place you can go to know when new beers will hit your area? I hate missing out...going to have to bribe someone at the store :(

beermenus.com - This site is great in some areas where it has been adopted, some places it is not really used so check it out and see. You can subscribe to specific beers or liquor stores and see what they get in, or see when a beer hits your area.

Twitter & Facebook are probably the most useful, find the twitter feeds and facebook pages of local liquor stores and follow them. Often they post when they get things in.

You can also read the Beer Releases section or the regional section on the forums on beeradvocate.com, this takes more work as you need to keep reading the threads, but people will post when they find something in the area.

It is available on their website now so have at it

Oh yay! I'd rather not pay for shipping though so hopefully it'll pop up around me soon enough. Still haven't made it down there for a visit but I'm not sure this is enough of an incentive.

Speaking of delicious low-alcohol sour beers, I got to try Westbrook's Gose in London, of all places. Paid 3 pounds for a half pint but it was so worth it. One of the most refreshing beers I've ever had and probably the best gose I've ever had. So tart and crisp with a lil smack of salt and I'm so mad that I don't have access to six packs of this in cans. For once I envy New Jersey! The thing is I know all those Evil Twin beers brewed over there make it here so why can't they use that same distribution channel to bring six packs of Westbrook Gose right to my house?? :((((

dekline

Try there Oberon and then eventually Two-Hearted Ale : )

Two hearted is good shit.

milk stout nitro, weihenstephaner OG, and a bottle of la folie is fuel for this nights dark souls 2 session.

Anyone here ever try the sea monster imperial stout? Was going to buy it tonight but the best by date was two months ago, so I went with the LoF la folie instead.

Anyone here ever try the sea monster imperial stout? Was going to buy it tonight but the best by date was two months ago, so I went with the LoF la folie instead.

The fact that it's two months past its best by date should be a plus! I've had Sea Monster from 2011 and 2012 recently and it was delicious. I prefer Victory at Sea but Sea Monster is still a damn good imperial stout.

dekline

The fact that it's two months past its best by date should be a plus! I've had Sea Monster from 2011 and 2012 recently and it was delicious. I prefer Victory at Sea but Sea Monster is still a damn good imperial stout.

Really? damn, I'll pick one up next time.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Two hearted is good shit.

milk stout nitro, weihenstephaner OG, and a bottle of la folie is fuel for this nights dark souls 2 session.

Victory at sea is one of my favorite beers.

Top Bottom