• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Socreges

Banned
Finished my last 3-way IPA over the weekend, distantmantra. :( Tasty stuff

Ruination IPA was also excellent. Is it ever available in Washington? I only saw it in Cali during my travels

Still got a few more Road trip beers in the fridge. Debating whether I age the Wootstout 2.0 or not...

kGVVBNN.jpg

Some girl I'm dating left a bunch of beers at my house. Sadly I drank the two bottles of Horny Devil she left as well.

Some girl I'm dating left a bunch of beers at my house. Sadly I drank the two bottles of Horny Devil she left as well.

I see W00tstout 2.0. I hate you. I really want to try it.

My wife and I are going to KY probably this weekend to find a place to live (she got a new job down there), so I hope to score some W00tstout 2.0 while down there too.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
14633663818_c3752ea4b4_z.jpg

Can't say it's like anything I've ever had before, rather unique taste, but I think their regular weizener or the Aventinus is way better.

Seth C

I see W00tstout 2.0. I hate you. I really want to try it.

My wife and I are going to KY probably this weekend to find a place to live (she got a new job down there), so I hope to score some W00tstout 2.0 while down there too.

What part of Kentucky? If you're going to be near Lexington hit me up and we will go to Chase, where you can have it on tap.

What part of Kentucky? If you're going to be near Lexington hit me up and we will go to Chase, where you can have it on tap.
The plant my wife got hired at is in Franklin. We will probably look for a place in Bowling Green. Still dunno when we are heading down yet.

t-ramp

Southern Tier Pumpking and Warlock are out now. Grabbed a few Warlock bottles.
Did you pick up any of Stone's Coffee Milk Stout by any chance? I'm not sure if I'll grab a pack or not.

Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale is supposed to come out soon as well, so I'm keeping an eye out for it. I'll probably get some Sam Adams Octoberfest if I run across it soon too.

Did you pick up any of Stone's Coffee Milk Stout by any chance? I'm not sure if I'll grab a pack or not.

Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale is supposed to come out soon as well, so I'm keeping an eye out for it. I'll probably get some Sam Adams Octoberfest if I run across it soon too.
Didn't see the coffee milk yet. Might check the place near home after work. Excited for that one.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
The plant my wife got hired at is in Franklin. We will probably look for a place in Bowling Green. Still dunno when we are heading down yet.

There's a decent Shenanigans in Franklin where you might get lucky. It doesn't get too much traffic so I've had some good scores there on occasion.

Bowling Green has better options. Be sure to hit up Winos and Lost River (good pizza/taps), they're next door to each other and worth the trip. Winos, Shenanigans, Chucks and Liquor Barn are your best bets for scoring woot stout, but don't get your hopes up, I've struck out every time so far :/

Drpunch

Neo Member
14633663818_c3752ea4b4_z.jpg

Can't say it's like anything I've ever had before, rather unique taste, but I think their regular weizener or the Aventinus is way better.

That one there is pretty good. Seen it a few times since I've had it. Aventinus or Aventinus Eisbock is the shit though. Definitely some of the best German beers I've tasted.

Eight day work stretch completed. Eight day vacation has begun. Started tonight with Lagunitas Imperial Red. Pretty good. Pretty good. I like their Nighttime more. Glad my wife gets me that one frequently. I might be the only person drinking it in this town.
Now moving onto more Beer Camp. The Yonder Bock. It is fairly decent. Nothing amazing, but solid.

I grabbed a couple bottles of Warlock at Total Wine and More last week and checked the date on them. They were from last year! The same date as the bottle I have cellaring!

Mine were bottled June 20th, 2014. I know I haven't seen it around in a long time, so I know they are fresher. But one store still has Sam Adams Merry Maker from Christmas time. No one will buy it it seems.
Another store has Ommegang Abbey Ale on sale for $6, and it is normally $9. I should grab some at that price since I've never tried it before.

Jarnet87

Mine were bottled June 20th, 2014. I know I haven't seen it around in a long time, so I know they are fresher. But one store still has Sam Adams Merry Maker from Christmas time. No one will buy it it seems.
Another store has Ommegang Abbey Ale on sale for $6, and it is normally $9. I should grab some at that price since I've never tried it before.

I have a store close to where a friend lives that had a ton of Merry Maker and Cinder Bock just sitting there, no one would buy them. Both are pretty good. Shame Sam Adams isn't currently brewing Fat Jack, that's my favorite Pumpkin beer.

Went bowling last night. While not top tier stuff, still nice that even at a bowling alley in Seattle you've got craft options for your pitchers of beer: Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, Firestone Easy Jack, Good Life Sweet As, Georgetown Lucille and Elysian Dayglow.

That's a better taplist than a lot of bars I've been to in other parts of the country.

I have a store close to where a friend lives that had a ton of Merry Maker and Cinder Bock just sitting there, no one would buy them. Both are pretty good. Shame Sam Adams isn't currently brewing Fat Jack, that's my favorite Pumpkin beer.

I really liked Merry Maker as well. But NOOOO! No Fat Jack this year? That's a damn shame. That was my favorite Pumpkin Beer as well. It was more spicy than sweet.

I really liked Merry Maker as well. But NOOOO! No Fat Jack this year? That's a damn shame. That was my favorite Pumpkin Beer as well. It was more spicy than sweet.
Their site says "Not currently brewed" but that doesn't mean it won't be. Harvest Pumpkin says the same. Sam isn't one to release pumpkin beers super early like everyone else. I'd bet we'll still see them in a month or so.

Eusis

Tried Stone's Coffee Milk Stout, hops a bit more prevalent than I'd like. How does the Ninkasi/Sierra Nevada Beer Camp one compare for anyone that's had both?

Maybe it's my changing palate, but this year's Warlock doesn't taste quite as sweet as last year. It seems a bit more bitter and spicy, but with a bit of chocolate taste in there.
Definitely liking it more this year than last.

Tried Stone's Coffee Milk Stout, hops a bit more prevalent than I'd like though not like their Old Guardian. How does the Ninkasi/Sierra Nevada Beer Camp one compare for anyone that's had both?

I have yet to find the Stone Coffee Milk Stout, but will wait on the Beer Camp one until I have the Stone to compare it to. I planned on having the Double Latte from Beer Camp as the last from the pack.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Southern Tier Pumpking and Warlock are out now. Grabbed a few Warlock bottles.

I stopped by my local good liquor store (Amity Wine & Spirit in CT) and didn't see it. They did have some Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin so I grabbed a bottle of that, Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break, and a case of the Beer Camp. So in the end, still a good night.

I stopped by my local good liquor store (Amity Wine & Spirit in CT) and didn't see it. They did have some Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin so I grabbed a bottle of that, Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break, and a case of the Beer Camp. So in the end, still a good night.

Another CT man. Awesome.

Sadly, I am leaving CT in about a month. Heading for KY.

As someone who grew up in Missouri and went to college in Arkansas, enjoy the massive cost of living differences you will see getting out of the Northeast.

Lived in NC for 16 years before moving to CT. I know about the differences. The joy is my wife and I will be making more money in KY than we do in CT, so it will be doubly awesome.

codhand

Coastal in Branford, which is owned by the same people, has a huge display of warlock and pumpking ready for purchase

more importantly they have Ayinger Oktoberfest

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Coastal in Branford, which is owned by the same people, has a huge display of warlock and pumpking ready for purchase

more importantly they have Ayinger Oktoberfest

I actually grabbed an Ayinger Oktoberfest so one step ahead, but I might have to make the drive over to Branford this weekend (I'm in Hamden) to grab some Warlock.

Ugh they take card and even tell you what beers they have on tap? Why couldn't San Francisco have this one?

I've had Unapologetic a couple times, really enjoyed it. Uses a couple newer hop varietals so it tastes pretty different from a lot of other DIPAs.

Top Bottom