• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Texted my wife and was like, "It's stout day, wanna split a stout with me?"

Her response "Resoundingly yes, after [our kid] goes to bed."

Debating between Bible Belt, PNC and BCBS Coffee.

Hey Phonciple, Lost River Pizza in Bowling Green is tapping Zombie Dust at 4pm today. Might be heading up that way for it

Shit. I go to work at 5. Might swing by after work or something to finally try it, if not I will try this weekend. If the keg lasts that long.

Thanks!

And where are you from?

cyber_ninja

Had some vintage Dogfish Head goodness today: 2009 Olde School and 2010 World Wide Stout through Randall with cinnamon and black cherries... so good.

Here's what I've been drinking the past few weeks:

F0DtXWi.jpg

And here's what I'm drinking in a few in celebration of International Stout Day.

Don't forget to add me at untappd = ramo200. =]

The most addictive thing on Untappd for me is the badges. It feels like a game and I need to level up. It also makes me think what I want that night because I want to level up other badges. It is fun.

More info on the 10 Barrel purchase:

So this all came from a few AB reps from WA. Some are brand new reps but one is a 20 year AB veteran rep:
-Swill recall dramatically hurt 10 barrel.
-10 barrel needed an influx of cash to bounce back
-AB sees the writing on the wall and wants to lead the "fast sour" category (Berliners) as miller/coors starts playing with sours under their AC golden brand.
-AB corporate NW has told everyone internally that this is the first of a few acquisitions in the pipeline for AB. The target breweries are from the PNW too and not Midwest.

And healthiest too!

Oh yeah. Beer is so healthy. No carbs. No sugars. Nothin' at all.

I love running, but beer is a big part of why I run as much as I do.

Jarnet87

Here's what I've been drinking the past few weeks:

And here's what I'm drinking in a few in celebration of International Stout Day.

Don't forget to add me at untappd = ramo200. =]

I almost bought a bottle of that ommegang GoT dubbel. Ommegang makes a great dubbel, but all of the GoT beers have been mediocre at best.

The cherry stout sounds interesting. Funky Buddha has a fantastic chocolate cherry potter. really has a great taste of cherries and chocolate, wish they bottled it.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
The most addictive thing on Untappd for me is the badges. It feels like a game and I need to level up. It also makes me think what I want that night because I want to level up other badges. It is fun.

It really does do good job of causing me to try beers I otherwise wouldn't. I am capped out on IPAs, pale ales, and stouts, so I guess I'll get a saison or brown ale instead.

I'm very proud of my level 10 Rising Sun badge. Eight of those ten levels were acquired while in Japan this past April.

Gonna be in Spain and the Netherlands this summer, plan to level up. A lot.

Mother of God. They make a bourbon barrel aged Narwhal?! Guy at the store recognized me and said one bottle was left. $19 is steep, but narwhal is awesome alone, but barrell aged? It will be a good night tonight!

Mother of God. They make a bourbon barrel aged Narwhal?! Guy at the store recognized me and said one bottle was left. $19 is steep, but narwhal is awesome alone, but barrell aged? It will be a good night tonight!

Second or third year they've done it. I had it last year and it's good, but would have a hard time pulling the trigger at $19 with much better options out there.

Second or third year they've done it. I had it last year and it's good, but would have a hard time pulling the trigger at $19 with much better options out there.
I had to bite. Now to debate about having it this weekend, or saving it for sharing with my father in law at thanksgiving. I am saving either some Backwoods or the aged Narwhal but not both. I am greedy.

Socreges

Banned
$13 is about as cheap as it gets for a sour though. Most are that much for a 375ml.

Grabbed a growler for the weekend, $12 but I think it's worth it.
These posts seem to contradict one another. *scratches head*

I was under the impression that we paid a premium for Lips of Faith beers up here.

And yeah, Driftwood is the only local brewery that does sours and they run $12 a pop. So good, though.

Sours are certainly much more expensive on average. I can't remember how much I paid for the 500ml RR sours at the brewery, but I'm sure each was north of $10.

Chris R

IDK it was only $12 a growler. But then again I'm usually a six pack on the weekend kinda guy at around $8, felt like splurging on something new though.

Le Terroir was $13.

First time I'm drinking a Bock from La Trappe.
Hmm. I am intrigued. Their quad was nice.

Tonight having the bourbon barrel aged Narwhal. Really good stuff. $19 a bottle good? No. It isn't a Bourbon County or KBS, but it is still good.
I am not mad I paid so much for the bomber, but I won't be getting it again since I can get similar stuff for less.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Hmm. I am intrigued. Their quad was nice.

Tonight having the bourbon barrel aged Narwhal. Really good stuff. $19 a bottle good? No. It isn't a Bourbon County or KBS, but it is still good.
I am not mad I paid so much for the bomber, but I won't be getting it again since I can get similar stuff for less.

Their bock is really solid stuff. Among the best, I'd say. This time of year I usually stock up on La Trappe's bock and SW's Aventinus.

PG2G

Tree House's Julius might just be the best IPA there is lol. Probably on the same level as Kern River's Citra. Who got the growler hook up? Lol

Jarnet87

Bought a 4 pack of Backwoods Bastard. Will probably drink 2 and age 2. Also bought a bottle of Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout. Local Total Wine got in Sam Adams Ginger Bread Stout which I had never seen them get before. May grab a bottle or two closer to the holidays, they tend to sit around.

codhand

Got to try a Samuel Adams Triple Bock. That beer is both crazy and crazy good. I can see why it's so divisive but man, I loved it.

Tree House's Julius might just be the best IPA there is lol. Probably on the same level as Kern River's Citra. Who got the growler hook up? Lol

My man! It's a 1.5hr drive for me, but yeah i could seriously hook that up, might not be Julius but all their IPAs are stellar. Tree House and Hill Farmstead are killing the IPAs for me right now. Zero bitterness, incredibly juicy, dry finish.

i saw you got to try some Nancy too, good shit.

PG2G

Got to try a Samuel Adams Triple Bock. That beer is both crazy and crazy good. I can see why it's so divisive but man, I loved it.

My man! It's a 1.5hr drive for me, but yeah i could seriously hook that up, might not be Julius but all their IPAs are stellar. Tree House and Hill Farmstead are killing the IPAs for me right now. Zero bitterness, incredibly juicy, dry finish.

i saw you got to try some Nancy too, good shit.

Think of me the next time you make that trek haha.

Sotha_Sil

It was a hops kind of night last friday. First three from Louisiana breweries (Tin Roof and NOLA), the fourth from Mississippi (Lazy Magnolia).

Top Bottom