• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

TKR92

Last Saturday I could get a bottle of Barrel-aged Narwhal and drinking CSB.

Life is good :)

16585742835_2b5eaf6f57.jpg

Milchjon

HiResDes

I always see their Kentucky Ryed Chiquen with is ridiculous feathers and wonder if I should get it just for the bottle. I heard Bo & Luke is amazing though, so gonna cop that next time.

Work closed early due to snow tonight here in KY. The other day before the major snow hit I went for Breakfast Stout, but they were all out. Tonight, I was determined to go in for some Ten Fidy, but they had Breakfast Stout in at the local store again. The coffee would keep me up, and Ten Fidy was calling. But, they only had a few packs of Backwoods Bastard left, and I figured that I should snag some before it disappears completely, so I am enjoying some of that tonight instead.

overcast

I decided to be brave and try this out. Saw it was a well regarded Peanut Butter stout.

Verdict.. too much for me. The peanut butter is overwhelming. I say that as a peanut butter lover. If this is a good one, I do not want any of a bad PB stout. Mehh.

fijim

Banned
I decided to be brave and try this out. Saw it was a well regarded Peanut Butter stout.

Verdict.. too much for me. The peanut butter is overwhelming. I say that as a peanut butter lover. If this is a good one, I do not want any of a bad PB stout. Mehh.

Sounds like a good candidate to be used in a beer shake :)

HiResDes

whatd you think des? did you finish both?
I just had the Green Tea and then I switched to Bourbon and got really drunk lol.

From what remembered beer has this wonderful full nearly golden colour with a beautiful head and just the right amount of carbonation. Definitely not flat, but far from being acidic. The green tea is heavier on the smell and in the initial taste, but by the end somehow it moved more towards the tail end of my taste buds. I think it's really key in the balance of the beer. It imparted a slight sweetness and flowery nature to the brew that saved it from probably being another Stone hop bomb. Brilliant beer though, I'd probably give it B+. Would buy again at only $8.99 a bomber.

Never had a beer float/shake whatever. Never sounded appealing to me.

They're pretty fun, don't use too much beer though because it can get kinda gross when you run out of ice cream and it's just the beer with some melted ice cream left. Try a stout + vanilla or a fruit beer like a Lindemans lambic + chocolate.

By the way, I don't know if you saw this but I'm guessing this is closer to you than the LA events

injurai

Banned
What sorts of places do you go to to find that Stones Green Tea, or Hopslam? I can't find it in any Grocery Store or Liquor Store... shit's becoming a struggle real fast.

Link

The Autumn Wind
What sorts of places do you go to to find that Stones Green Tea, or Hopslam? I can't find it in any Grocery Store or Liquor Store... shit's becoming a struggle real fast.
Where do you live? Do you have a Total Wine or a BevMo near you?

injurai

Banned
I've got none of those. I did a quick google search and It came up with a few places. Maybe once all this fucking snow is plowed I'll go on a grand quest.

I usually don't get that deep into Cinci when I'm down there. But I'll keep it in mind. Always try to find a few regional beers while I'm traveling.

Today was the Washington Brewer's Open House. Hit up Stoup, Reuben's Brews and Fremont. Berlinerweisse, Triple IPAs, Bourbon barrel aged stouts ahoy.

And I've still got a growler of Headhunter IPA from the Portland Fat Heads brewery in the fridge.

#firstworldproblems

If you're ever done here Party Source has tons.

You missed it at the Brass Tap tasting. Growler of Bo & Luke, 2010 Darkness, 2013 Black Tuesday, 2006 Stone Russian Imperial Stout, Black Ops, Barrel-aged Narwhal, Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin and Stickee Monkee and a lot of others. Good time had.

Today was the Washington Brewer's Open House. Hit up Stoup, Reuben's Brews and Fremont. Berlinerweisse, Triple IPAs, Bourbon barrel aged stouts ahoy.

And I've still got a growler of Headhunter IPA from the Portland Fat Heads brewery in the fridge.

#firstworldproblems

Ughhhhh I have to visit Washington and Oregon ASAP. Are you going to that de Garde event? The list looks insane, I would do terrible terrible things for Black Raspberry Bu.

HiResDes

You missed it at the Brass Tap tasting. Growler of Bo & Luke, 2010 Darkness, 2013 Black Tuesday, 2006 Stone Russian Imperial Stout, Black Ops, Barrel-aged Narwhal, Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin and Stickee Monkee and a lot of others. Good time had.
Snow was crazy for my little Civic.

Dark Penance is good, but like a not as good Stone Sublimely Self Righteous. RIP SSSR. I am sad it is going away.

I still need to try Black Rye, but every rye beer I tried didn't sit right with me.

Ughhhhh I have to visit Washington and Oregon ASAP. Are you going to that de Garde event? The list looks insane, I would do terrible terrible things for Black Raspberry Bu.

I'm a de Garde Keeper, but can't make the quarterly party next weekend. I'll get my stuff at the May release/anniversary party.

injurai

Banned
Dark Penance is good, but like a not as good Stone Sublimely Self Righteous. RIP SSSR. I am sad it is going away.

I still need to try Black Rye, but every rye beer I tried didn't sit right with me.

I really liked it. It was dark but not heavy. Kind of hard to explain. It didn't have the sweetness of malts, it lacked the bite of hops. It really came across more like a dark spiced ale... if you've ever had one of those. But it was a flatter taste with a more equalised head and tail than a spiced ale might create. At any hand I'm a fan.

The Dark Penance I'm drinking as we speak and as all IPA's go for me. They get better the longer I've been drinking them. It's pretty satisfying right now. But I'm also 3 drinks in, so who knows.

overcast

They're pretty fun, don't use too much beer though because it can get kinda gross when you run out of ice cream and it's just the beer with some melted ice cream left. Try a stout + vanilla or a fruit beer like a Lindemans lambic + chocolate.

These girls had a Raspberry Lambic with Graeter's Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream...I wasn't even supposed to have any, but man it made for an amazing float.
I think I should try one eventually in that case. I didn't really understand the point, but I can see an interesting combination working. Like in your case Des, I bet it would be tasting another persons though. Can't see myself ordering one.
By the way, I don't know if you saw this but I'm guessing this is closer to you than the LA events
Oh shit, it is. Might actually be interested in this if a friend in OC wants to go.

Top Bottom