• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Just signed up; ChugChugPass.

I also second the "Where are these BCBS shipments in Seattle?" question for you.

Fred Meyer in Lynnwood has cases of regular sitting out on the floor. Super Deli and Beer Junction had tons of regular and variants the last time I was there.

mcfrank

ES7qTb1.jpg

Fun first day of being in the Bruery Reserve Society

riotous

Banned
The one near Alderwood Mall. Apparently they have more in the back, too.

They made a TON of this beer this year.

Don't see a single bottle here let alone cases.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the one on 164th in almost mill creek, guy at Lynwood store calls that the Alderwood one so on my way there

Edit edit: Score! Grabbed about 15, they may have more in the back but I cleared the floor stock.

I'm ChugChugPass on Untappd for anyone who wants to add me, I just joined so my profile is empty.

Don't see a single bottle here let alone cases.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the one on 164th in almost mill creek, guy at Lynwood store calls that the Alderwood one so on my way there

Edit edit: Score! Grabbed about 15 they may have more in the back but I cleared the floor stock.

I'm ChugChugPass on Untappd for anyone who wants to add me, I just joined so my profile is empty.

First rule of beer is never be that guy. ;-)

lol, I didn't ask if they had any in the back at least!

I still remember one year when Abyss came out the guy in front of me in the beer aisle bought every bottle Whole Foods had. His girlfriend could clearly tell that I had wanted one. The guy did everything he could to not look at me as he quickly ran to the checkout.

riotous

Banned
Dang, "infected"? Is that a specific thing or just generally mean a bad batch?

I still remember one year when Abyss came out the guy in front of me in the beer aisle bought every bottle Whole Foods had. His girlfriend could clearly tell that I had wanted one. The guy did everything he could to not look at me as he quickly ran to the checkout.

I do try not to do it myself; the girl at Total Wine by Alderwood said she'd let me buy a couple cases despite their 2 bottle limit but I decided against it. Figured Lynn'd residents won't miss it lol.

Dang, "infected"? Is that a specific thing or just generally mean a bad batch?

Sounds like a bad batch. Some coffee bottles seem fine, others seem infected.

I do try not to do it myself; the girl at Total Wine by Alderwood said she'd let me buy a couple cases despite their 2 bottle limit but I decided against it. Figured Lynn'd residents won't miss it lol.

I tend to only buy two bottles of anything. One for now, one for later. Too much good stuff to buy more than that.

I've been really liking Fieldwork's IPAs and stouts when I find them on tap so I finally drove to the brewery today (turns out it's really convenient for me). Damn these guys are killing it. The amarillo weisse was great and I'm currently drinking this tart saison dry-hopped with mandarina hops. It tastes like Orangina.

1dHQWtk.jpg

tmac456

Sounds like a bad batch. Some coffee bottles seem fine, others seem infected.

I tend to only buy two bottles of anything. One for now, one for later. Too much good stuff to buy more than that.

also sounds like they had to dump a good portion of the coffee this year due to bad batches/infection/whatever.

the coffee they used this year is supposedly a bit fruity but a lot of the reports are tart cherry and overall undrinkable bottles

Lotto

I've been really liking Fieldwork's IPAs and stouts when I find them on tap so I finally drove to the brewery today (turns out it's really convenient for me). Damn these guys are killing it. The amarillo weisse was great and I'm currently drinking this tart saison dry-hopped with mandarina hops. It tastes like Orangina.

Fieldwork is awesome. Had their Citraweisse, Shoreline IPA, and Salted Watermelon Gose, all fantastic. So is Cellarmaker. Bay area doing some really great stuff and I'm glad I can get their stuff locally down in Socal.

Grabbed a couple of Xocoveza Charreds... a little late for a Sunday but I think I'm gonna open one.

Really, really good. But not $20 good. I thought the regular was better.

On a different note, my wife and I are going to be in Las Vegas in a couple of weeks. Any particular bars to hit or beers I should hunt for? Also going to be at Grand Canyon for a day, so suggestions for there as well.

riotous

Banned
Really, really good. But not $20 good. I thought the regular was better.

Interesting; I couldn't find the regular but I wanted to get both.

I love the Southern Charred from Stone.

edit: Yeah neither my wife or I are blown away by this by any means. It's not as complex as advertised IMO.

tmac456

Eesh. Hope my bottle is ok.

GI doing a voluntary recall/refund? Deschutes offered that with Abyss back in 2009.

They are looking into it and are supposedly going to have a response sometime this week about it.

If yours doesn't taste right, definitely contact the brewery

Tunic

So bummed! Went up to West Seattle today to enjoy Talarico's and go to The Beer Junction but they are closed for inventory today and tomorrow. Talarico's isn't open until 3. Man I am striking out today...

PBY

Banned
Not beer but - very particular about my ciders, and happened to try this yesterday. Pretty much my favorite cider.

2212.jpg

Not beer but - very particular about my ciders, and happened to try this yesterday. Pretty much my favorite cider.

2212.jpg

There are some really cool things being done with cider lately. Reverand Nat's out of Portland is one of my favorites. They're experimenting with lots of wild yeasts and fantastic hop varieties, just like beer.

thabiz

There are some really cool things being done with cider lately. Reverand Nat's out of Portland is one of my favorites. They're experimenting with lots of wild yeasts and fantastic hop varieties, just like beer.
Isn't this directly against a traditional Spanish cider?

Top Bottom