• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Stopped at the liquor store on my way home from shopping with the wife.

Was SO excited to get my first six of Xocoveza. I couldn't believe they had it. I have one chilling now. The Sam Adams Nitro Coffee Stout was good, but needs more coffee flavor. It's probably the first time I've purchased Sam Adams beer within the past 7 years (when I started drinking craft beer).

p9qgrPjjqUAX-luWPX14P9Or54691v6-ijaVFVHfprsTvpSgk9ORGyT5zKe7v0Qotv6OZ2wj1BOTg7ykhrGkYYmUmafR08hrBdAJ16-egmtNJvhWzpQSXo2zCQr6oWK51OciSc1RZb2yrp-s3AWQgdNIFbK08fULXi3d_uK_BveCcskOi0mzlJEklVrgyyOcfDJf5-dnQhEkK6-0YHdELZ1rEqotx4o8Atmxt_N3DWSIfq2T8MI54CntQ5PHyh8aZoEDNn22AQeOd1WClXHvFmTV2xxgMncbU7L5VNGat5N6haReMO5tEGI2ZLxvqato3_CoY2MGzA7Rk05yDR4Xsbu6474fQo7XuDNLd0iA8XwyLbLMUZNjnD6K4yAXQJbwvOlWyxO-R4KvoCZ_5qNo1wdxTIrdrYaDhGi6K6Xc5ivV2uYcRs6id8AWTFEfY1ZrFGxj2UwMGD1JIxelm524leXwBmwn30pr8KgzvKfgvoEwg3MQxbpxusXDS9C0aRkR4PdaAdvNZZG05aSHKsRdLiIJsdN5A_noM30h8GyZBEwetkpHgg3tQ5rjN5XXjhM2SxMW1g=w1727-h971-no

Big thank you to Sefskillz. Even if I wasn't able to meet up and have a beer today, he was a dear and left a bottle of Enjoy By at Wino's for me to have.

That was such a nice gesture, and I didn't get him anything. Thank you!

PG2G

DeGarde putting a lot more into distro nowadays? When I went to Portland a year or so ago I think they were only doing Bu Weiss

DeGarde putting a lot more into distro nowadays? When I went to Portland a year or so ago I think they were only doing Bu Weiss

They're putting more into distribution, but not a lot. Most bottles are still brewery only.

They started distribution to the Seattle area last June. We've had three shipments since and no kegs outside two that Holy Mountain got in exchange for sending stuff down to their parties.

Bottles in WA
1. Saison Desay & Bu Weisse
2. Saison Premiere
3. Grand Blanc

Oregon shops have had a couple other bottles hit, but not much more than us. You want the fruited Bu's, gotta go to Tillamook.

Badgerst3

Stone Xocoveza charred or Lost Abbey Track 8?

Had the track 8 for the first time last night.

Fantastic. Up there with this years BCBS.

Very boozy but oatmeal cookie like at the same time.

May try the charred tonight.

G-Bus

Banned
Been a fan of stone for a bit now. Really enjoy their double bastard ale.

I'm definitely more of an IPA guy. Used to really like my belgiums as well. I've seen this a few times and just never bothered.

243.jpg

Easily up there with my favorites. Mild sweetness and that mild bubblegum finish. Not something I could drink every night but damn is it hitting the spot.

injurai

Banned

I'm definitely more of an IPA guy. Used to really like my belgiums as well. I've seen this a few times and just never bothered.

243.jpg

Easily up there with my favorites. Mild sweetness and that mild bubblegum finish. Not something I could drink every night but damn is it hitting the spot.

Yeah, love this beer. The bubblegum thing is spoton, but I really appreciated it when I had it.

terrible

Banned

243.jpg

I could drink that every night. It's a top 5 Belgian IPA for me.

Enjoying the last of this while I watch the last of Toonami. I hope I can score another 6-pack of this:

c05c47050b3a2bb64d7d0c803d36b62d_640x640.jpg

I see some folks are adding me to Untappd. Keep it up, here's my ID: ramo200

riotous

Banned
I totally failed with Untappd; my wife got me into Instagram. I'm too lazy to post multiple places.

Tasted probably 25 beers yesterday at the Seattle Belgianfest. Fun event in general.

I've been thinking about building an App that combines Untappd with Instagram.

Untappd can be tied to Twitter, Facebook and FourSquare but not Instagram. Not the biggest fan of Instagram anyway. I like that Untappd is just about beer. I like the nearby search features and how it builds up beer databases for breweries.

terrible

Banned
Yeah my glassware takes up a ton of space. I wish I could just cut it down to a tulip, snifter, weizen glass, and British pint glass but I can't.

I just have a few pint glasses and am fine with that. My only regret is I didn't get the full spectrum of Lantern rings when I bought my Lantern Corps glasses years ago.

injurai

Banned
I don't want a huge selection. Just a few options beyond pints. Really just a nice Tulip and Snifter. What are those things called that you guys have where the beer sits down in the narrow handle?

I don't want a huge selection. Just a few options beyond pints. Really just a nice Tulip and Snifter. What are those things called that you guys have where the beer sits down in the narrow handle?

Mine is an IPA glass, the other one on this page is a Stout glass. You can get them at Crate and Barrel.

http://www.spiegelau.com/craft-beer-glasses/craft-beer-glasses/ipa/

I always used to make fun of them, so a friend got me one for Christmas. I like it now, and tend to use it with hoppy beers if I don't have a glass from the brewery.

riotous

Banned
I have a couple of snifters of different styles and a couple others.

Here's some of the last few weeks of beers I've had that shows a few of my glasses:

UgnFo32.jpg

I have a couple of snifters of different styles and a couple others.

Here's some of the last few weeks of beers I've had that shows a few of my glasses:

UgnFo32.jpg

Wow. All I have is a variety of pint glasses I've picked up from various brewery visits. I need to up my game.

Found a good bottle shop (Veeco Food Store) about a mile from the house we're staying at in Anaheim in a couple weeks. Open until midnight (we get in late the first night), great Instagram account and they keep their online inventory up to date. Looks like my place to score beers to drink while we're there. Hello Modern Times assorted 10 pack and some random bombers from other local CA breweries.

And all the breweries (Bruery, Bottle Logic, Noble) are on the other side of town. Noble looks the closest, so maybe I can sneak over there once.

Top Bottom