• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

HiResDes

Not sure of the stability of synthetic corks, but anything beyond 6 months might be tempting fate. Maybe others can chime in with any of their experiences, but my experience with age on them has not been good.
Ernie pop the Hopslam already bro it's good, but this is coming from a guy that favors malt forward IPAs.

Looks like we're headed up to Pacific City, OR, in a couple of weeks, so I'll be within walking distance of Pelican Brewing, and a 30-minute drive from de Garde. w00t!

Looks like we're headed up to Pacific City, OR, in a couple of weeks, so I'll be within walking distance of Pelican Brewing, and a 30-minute drive from de Garde. w00t!

Make sure you stop in at Twist Wine. The owner is the sister of Vinnie from Russian River. Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig are pretty much always on tap, and you might happen to be there the weekend they tap Younger.

Make sure you stop in at Twist Wine. The owner is the sister of Vinnie from Russian River. Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig are pretty much always on tap, and you might happen to be there the weekend they tap Younger.

Wow, that sounds incredible. I've never had any of those three, so it's definitely going on the must-do list.

pxleyes

Banned
Had the Oskar Blues Hotbox Coffee Porter last night. A complete letdown for me. I expected something with a solid bite, but its far too sweet with a ton of yeast character that gets in the way of the coffee.

riotous

Banned
Last few beers I've had:

BFaExtF.jpg

Wasn't a huge fan of the Unibroue Grande Reserve 17 or the Destihl Dosvidanya, but the rest were all great.

Visiting NYC for about a week next month, and have the below on my must-visit list for beer. Any others I'm missing?
  • Bronx Alehouse
  • One Mile House
  • Fools Gold NYC
  • New Beer Distributors
  • Eleven Madison Park
  • Beer Shop

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Visiting NYC for about a week next month, and have the below on my must-visit list for beer. Any others I'm missing?
  • Bronx Alehouse
  • One Mile House
  • Fools Gold NYC
  • New Beer Distributors
  • Eleven Madison Park
  • Beer Shop

Blind Tiger and Owl Farm. I also really like 124 old rabbit club. total hole in the wall and cash only with a belgian focus, but it speaks to me

HiResDes

I wish there was someone local who could trade me some Jester King or De Garde stuff as I can get my hands on some pretty limited upland stuff in return... But upland has a tendency to be almost too sour.

• Bronx Alehouse
  • One Mile House
  • Fools Gold NYC
  • New Beer Distributors
  • Eleven Madison Park
  • Beer Shop

I would also add Good Beer, The Ginger Man, and Dive Bar.

Jarnet87

We got any Three Floyds or 18th Street regulars? I am doing a trade for zombie dust, alpha king and one other beer. Any suggestions?

We got any Three Floyds or 18th Street regulars? I am doing a trade for zombie dust, alpha king and one other beer. Any suggestions?

Gumball Head is my favorite of their shelf beers.

CbBGHHj.jpg

Off to Sourhern California tomorrow afternoon, but a buddy dropped this off for me today. Easily my favorite can designs ever.

Lotto

Gumball Head is my favorite of their shelf beers.

CbBGHHj.jpg

Off to Sourhern California tomorrow afternoon, but a buddy dropped this off for me today. Easily my favorite can designs ever.

Modern Times is great, was drinking a City of the Sun just yesterday! Don't know how far they're distributing these days but if you ever get a chance to try their Booming Rollers, it's one of my favorites. It's seasonally released from March to May; it's like City but a Citra forward IPA instead of Mosaic. Also, don't forget to check out Mr. K’s Liquor if you make your way to the Bruery, the selection/prices there are fantastic.

Also managed to find a hidden gem of a wine/beer store in my area. They get a lot of new releases without the hassle of it being sold out within 5 minutes of it being posted on instagram. They've had KBS sitting on their shelves for like 3 weeks now. Picked up a sixer of Hopslam from them this afternoon, can't wait!

Modern Times is in California, Nevada and Maui. And gray market distribution in Japan. So my access is only when on vacation or at de Garde parties since MT always seems to send up kegs.

I've had Blazing World, Funky Universal Friend and Mega Black House before. I'll grab some stuff while I'm down there tomorrow night.

HiResDes

I like Americano the coffee taste and finish are so different than Founders, but I find that it's simplicity actually makes it more drinkable even with it's rather high abv. The level of sweetness is absolutely perfect for me not too sweet but very little bitterness on the tail.

Mitch

Banned
Had a pretty wild weekend. My girlfriend went above and beyond for Valentine's Day. She traded for the past month or so and obtained quite the selection for me. Didn't get to try all of them, but the leftovers are being sent my way this week.

I had:
Heady Topper
Jai Alai
Roller Blabe
Julius
Green
Pliny The Elder
Sip of Sunshine
Gumballhead
Tropicalia
PseudoSue

Then while we were out and about, I had all of these on draft:
Nugget Nectar (cask)
Hop Slam
Hop JuJu
Alpha King

Need to take a break from drinking now.

Just learned my wife and I are headed to a trip to Athens, Ohio, in April. Was bummed until I realized that's where Jackie O's is based, and now I can't wait to go.

Expensive day today.

3 Weyerback Sunday Morning Stout 4pks
2 Fat Head's Hop JuJu 4pks
1 Three Floyds Alpha King 6pk (been a while since I've had it)
Growler of a local - Mt. Carmel Sap Attack!
Mt Carmel Brewing's Imperial Maple Brown Ale is packed with rich malty goodness and infused with fresh hand-crafted maple syrup from the local sugar maple trees at the Cincinnati Nature Center.

Still waiting to try some Hoof Hearted stuff. Need to see if it's hype because it's hard to get (usually) or if it's actually decent. If I'm driving that far I'd prefer to go to Jackie O's.

injurai

Banned
No worries man. I've got some de Garde if you're interested. I hear it's bit of a madhouse on canning days when they sell stuff, but if you live on the same street it can't be that bad.

I'll keep an eye on their facebook for their next canning event. I'm not sure when the next DK one will be. If I find any strays in the stores I'll pick some of those up. Thus far I haven't really seen them in the stores though.

Top Bottom