• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

2x4 Day tomorrow. Get hyped.

http://2x4man.com/

But seriously, Melvin makes killer beers. I'm very happy to see them increasing production and distribution to WA, CO, ID and OR. And if you're in San Diego, Long Island, Cambridge or Baltimore you can try it on tap tomorrow.

Grabbed a bottle of Three Floyds Blot Out the Sun. This thing better be good for $20 a bottle. I don't normally buy the 3F bombers, but I am a sucker for stouts.

thespot84

Dry Dock is doing a half and half with their double IPA and apricot, I'm not sure how wide their distribution is but if you have a chance it's fantastic

pablito

Anyone try Fieldwork brewery? They just announced that they're opening up a taproom in Sacramento this summer. Their lineup on their site looks great, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying them yet.

riotous

Banned
Drinking a Holy Mt. Celestial Lineage Milk Stout.

Amazing; need to head to the brewery itself and see if they have the barrel fermented version.

Drinking a Holy Mt. Celestial Lineage Milk Stout.

Amazing; need to head to the brewery itself and see if they have the barrel fermented version.

Not right now, (I had the Westland barrel version at the brewery back in August), but it's been on in the past and they've got some in bottles waiting for the right time.

Their Bourbon Barrel Midnight Still was amazing at the anniversary party a few weeks ago.

Lotto

2x4 Day tomorrow. Get hyped.

http://2x4man.com/

But seriously, Melvin makes killer beers. I'm very happy to see them increasing production and distribution to WA, CO, ID and OR. And if you're in San Diego, Long Island, Cambridge or Baltimore you can try it on tap tomorrow.

Was gonna go get some of this tonight but the place that tapped it ran out before I even got off work... Better luck next time I guess.

I had 2x4 and Shaolin earlier today at Toronado. Good stuff, and very happy I live within walking distance. Two 10+% DIPAs at 4pm is serious business.

riotous

Banned
Not right now, (I had the Westland barrel version at the brewery back in August), but it's been on in the past and they've got some in bottles waiting for the right time.

Their Bourbon Barrel Midnight Still was amazing at the anniversary party a few weeks ago.

I figured you'd know; definitely gonna check their taplist often.

The Boneyard Notorious IIIPA they have at Chucks GW right now is also awesome; crazy smooth and citrusy.

I figured you'd know; definitely gonna check their taplist often.

This is why Untappd is handy, duder. :)

Probably not gonna be on tap any time soon, but bottles at some point in the next few months. You should still go, some of the best beer in the state. The Covenant saison currently on tap is killer.

The Boneyard Notorious IIIPA they have at Chucks GW right now is also awesome; crazy smooth and citrusy.

One year when we were down in Bend I got a growler of Notorious at the brewery and decided that it would be a good idea to crack it open at midnight after beering all day long.

I'm still amazed I woke up hangover free the next morning.

Anyone try Fieldwork brewery? They just announced that they're opening up a taproom in Sacramento this summer. Their lineup on their site looks great, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying them yet.

Didn't know they were opening a taproom in Sac, that's great news since I work not too far away. I've been to Fieldwork a few times, they're doing some great stuff. Really solid IPAs, refreshing sour beers, and fun weird beers like Black Thai and their coconut ipa. I didn't get to try any of the barrel-aged stuff they released during SF Beer Week but I heard good things. If you get the chance, definitely try to visit. I love that they fill crowlers now and the taproom is a great space.

PG2G

Didn't know they were opening a taproom in Sac, that's great news since I work not too far away. I've been to Fieldwork a few times, they're doing some great stuff. Really solid IPAs, refreshing sour beers, and fun weird beers like Black Thai and their coconut ipa. I didn't get to try any of the barrel-aged stuff they released during SF Beer Week but I heard good things. If you get the chance, definitely try to visit. I love that they fill crowlers now and the taproom is a great space.

Don't know why, but I thought you were in LA

Tell me how it is, last time I tried I thought both Gandhi Bot and Heady Topper were a bit better, but I'm tempted to pick up a 6 pack or growler now.

Won't be drinking one until tomorrow, but I'll let you know. Or you could accept the FR on Untappd! It's always been a solid beer, but with Hop JuJu coming out soon, it doesn't compare to that.

vMctO2T.jpg

Grabbed a bottle today. Can't wait!

Jarnet87

I tried Hopslam last year, it is indeed Maltslam.

Trading my 2nd bottle of MBCP for fresh Heady soon, I am excite. Also going to be picking up a couple more massively overrated Funky Buddha stouts in the next couple weeks for trade bait.

Lotto

Had KBS for the first time tonight, bottled 03/05/2015. Can't say I'm that impressed, it's still really good but it didn't make me grin like an idiot on the first sip. When that happens, I know it's a winner. The bitter alcoholic aftertaste bites harder than any other flavor which is probably why I'm not so crazy about it. Still, finally glad to have tried it, and I have 3 more bottles!

FTF

Might pick up a couple of 8s and 10s this weekend for Super Bowl. Prob my favorite beer, but damn pricey ($6-8 each).

famous-belgium-beers.jpg

Had KBS for the first time tonight, bottled 03/05/2015. Can't say I'm that impressed, it's still really good but it didn't make me grin like an idiot on the first sip. When that happens, I know it's a winner. The bitter alcoholic aftertaste bites harder than any other flavor which is probably why I'm not so crazy about it. Still, finally glad to have tried it, and I have 3 more bottles!

Could also be that the coffee didn't age too well. But again, hype letdown.

Lotto

Could also be that the coffee didn't age too well. But again, hype letdown.

Got 2x 2015 Blushing Monk's sitting in my cabinet as well. Looking forward to that one a bit more since my brother said it's his favorite from Founder's, it's got polarizing ratings but it sounds a lot more interesting.

Bought me another Victory at Sea 6-pack because yeah. I'm anxiously waiting until Hopslam is available to me. Probably the only IPA I can stand.

I had KBS for the first time last year and while it was good, I just didn't taste the hype everyone keeps clamoring about when it comes to this. I've actually enjoyed Weyerbacher's Sunday Morning Stout more.

Got 2x 2015 Blushing Monk's sitting in my cabinet as well. Looking forward to that one a bit more since my brother said it's his favorite from Founder's, it's got polarizing ratings but it sounds a lot more interesting.

It's pure raspberry. Not a bad one to blend (I know, some people hate that) if you have a nice chocolate stout (Young's is always good). It's a good beer, but an entire 750 is a little much without some help.

Lotto

Anyone try the Nelson Sauvignon Brut by Mikkeller? Nelson hops are my favorite but I'm feeling pretty hesitant on dropping $25 for it. Not exactly flying off the shelves so I'm in no hurry to pick it up. I've never had a Bière Brut style beer either but it sounds amazing.

HiResDes

Anyone try the Nelson Sauvignon Brut by Mikkeller? Nelson hops are my favorite but I'm feeling pretty hesitant on dropping $25 for it. Not exactly flying off the shelves so I'm in no hurry to pick it up. I've never had a Bière Brut style beer either but it sounds amazing.

Alpine put out a pretty good Nelson IPA

Thought it was pretty damn good. It has a synthetic cork so don't wait to drink it. Have had too many bad experiences with flat beer from synthetic corks. Usually try to avoid them unless I know it was recently bottled.

Lotto

Alpine's pre-Green Flash version of Nelson is amazing, and it sounds like the newest batch is getting back to that greatness.

I have one last bottle of Alpine Nelson sitting in my fridge that doesn't have the Green Flash logo on it. I popped one open two weeks ago when I brewed my oatmeal stout and it was still fantastic. Still as amazing as I remembered it, and yes, a lot better than any of the Green Flash versions I've tried.

Thought it was pretty damn good. It has a synthetic cork so don't wait to drink it. Have had too many bad experiences with flat beer from synthetic corks. Usually try to avoid them unless I know it was recently bottled.

Good to hear, I'll probably pick it up this weekend. I believe it was bottled within the past month but I'll have to confirm. How long would you say is a good cutoff point to drink from bottled date?

Good to hear, I'll probably pick it up this weekend. I believe it was bottled within the past month but I'll have to confirm. How long would you say is a good cutoff point to drink from bottled date?
Not sure of the stability of synthetic corks, but anything beyond 6 months might be tempting fate. Maybe others can chime in with any of their experiences, but my experience with age on them has not been good.

Top Bottom