• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Kjellson

I'm probably gonna buy one of these on Friday:

Lagunitas - The Hairy Eyeball
Modern Times - Mega Fortunate Islands

Which one should I get?

Lotto

I'm probably gonna buy one of these on Friday:

Lagunitas - The Hairy Eyeball
Modern Times - Mega Fortunate Islands

Which one should I get?

i'll vouch for mega fortunate islands, really great tropical fruity DIPA, was probably my favorite special release from them last year other than protocosmos and city of the sun. haven't had the hairy eyeball though.

Local store finally got Watermelon Dorado and Pineapple Sculpin in, but wasn't selling singles of them yet. Dammit.

Hopefully tomorrow. I want to try them both, but not enough to buy a six pack of each.

And still impatiently waiting for Americano Stout to hit here.

Kjellson

i'll vouch for mega fortunate islands, really great tropical fruity DIPA, was probably my favorite special release from them last year other than protocosmos and city of the sun. haven't had the hairy eyeball though.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards that one. Seems to be a really good beer. Thanks!

dc1E2gO.jpg

Snagged some provisions for Disney after hours. The MT IPL was $3, found out its way old. Oh well!

Also, the store I went to by our AirBNB had a Monster energy cooler with Heady cans, Hoof Hearted cans and Trillium bottles. "Not for sale!" Says the guy behind the counter. I'm guessing an employee trades out of the store.

I bought a 6-pack of Xocoveza to share. :) I kept 4 and gave 2 away to friends who wanted to try it. I don't trade for "value" as much as I trade for "unique beer I haven't tried". Also, the can is rad.

The can is cool. And trading to try new stuff is always awesome. It is just that I was so disappointed when I tried Trooper a few years ago.

skynidas

Banned
Those in one night

8k74x.gif

Man, lately i've been kind of careful with drinking too much, nothing to do with alcohol but I don't want to get fat. How do you guys balance that? In the end drinking beer is a lot of carbs and calories.

Grabbed the new Stone red ale, Ballast Point Mango Even Keel, watermelon Dorado, Pineapple Sculpin, and Three Floyds Behemoth.

Right now having Avery Vanilla Bean Stout.

HiResDes

Jackie's Cool Beans is fucking amazing. An American Blonde with this delectable coffee finish that's crisp, creamy, and delicious all at the same time.

Man, lately i've been kind of careful with drinking too much, nothing to do with alcohol but I don't want to get fat. How do you guys balance that? In the end drinking beer is a lot of carbs and calories.

I'm a runner. I tend to do ~five miles at least four or five times a week.

How does flying beers home work? That knowledge will be super useful in the coming months.

Either buy a wine shipper locally and send them home yourself (pre-paid FedEx or UPS) or electrical tape around the cap + Ziplock bags and prepare for your luggage to be "inspected". I've done both with no problems.

Damnit. It's been sitting at my store for weeks, but I haven't accepted the $17 price tag yet. I should probably just go for it.

Anyways, Bell's 30th Imperial Stout tonight.

You're lucky. At least it was sitting there. All of the places I usually get craft beer were sold out of it and I wasn't paying $10 for a can.

And yes, Bell's 30th is some fucking delicious stout. I should've bought a 3rd 6-pack of it.

EDIT: Drinking this tonight along with other beers.

da7b485e22712558f5588b284b698719_640x640.jpg

Flying with beers is fine. My wife does it all the time when she comes back from Boston. Wrap it in some clothes, maybe a plastic bag. Never had anything break. I normally load up the wrapped beers in the kid's car seat and strap them in. Plus, car seats are free to check.

Ended up bringing back four Swami IPA cans, Bottle Logic Strangematter, Council Passionfruit Saison and the Power Plant TIPA.

Jarnet87

I thought the Watermelon Dorado was pretty good. I've read that a lot of Watermelon beers tend to have that jolly rancher watermelon smell/taste to them. Also got a bottle of Pineapple to try. Got a 4 pack of Heady Topper in a trade, it is dam good. Amazing balance, get a ton of hop bitterness and those fruit flavors while at the same time getting a good amount of sweetness. Great aftertaste on it.

Cc Bomb is a shelf turd? For God's sake lol

It's all over Seattle in large quantities. Bbomb can normally be found through the Summer if not longer. You can still find 2014 Bbomb and KDS, too.

I wouldn't say it's a shelf turd. It's super well loved, but Seattle doesn't fall victim to FOMO as much as other parts of the country.

Unless it's a Holy Mountain fruit sour release. Then shits crazy.

Lotto

Whoa is this is so good. Tastes like grape soda, pretty subtle tart gose base and so much delicious grape flavor.

ughhh following fieldwork on instagram is like torture, that sounds amazing. I can't believe I missed out on the collab they did with Alpine, Relative Hoppiness, place I frequent was tapping it and I missed out on it.

Enjoying some Vietnamese Speedway from a growler fill a few days ago though.

HiResDes

I thought Watermelon Dorado was ass, just kinda disappointing that it's exactly what you think letting a watermelon jolly rancher sit in an IPA.

I thought Watermelon Dorado was ass, just kinda disappointing that it's exactly what you think letting a watermelon jolly rancher sit in an IPA.

I will be opening my bottle of that in the next day or two. Had Mango Even Keel tonight, and it was decent. No flavors in it are aggressive, but it does taste rather "light."

Pineapple Sculpin was quite good. I kind of wish the pineapple were more pronounced in it though, but it is still a tasty IPA.

I will be opening my bottle of that in the next day or two. Had Mango Even Keel tonight, and it was decent. No flavors in it are aggressive, but it does taste rather "light."

Pineapple Sculpin was quite good. I kind of wish the pineapple were more pronounced in it though, but it is still a tasty IPA.

I think mango might have worked better in the Sculpin given it's a more pronounced flavor compared to pinapple and would hold up better to Sculpin. The Even Keel being a session ale would be fine w/ pineapple. I get the hate for the watermelon but thought it was OK.

Anyone in SoCal want Fremont CCBbomb and/or de Garde shelf beer or something (maybe Holy Mountain if I can find it) for a Modern Times variety 10-pack? Struck out everywhere I looked for one. Should be like $25.

Grabbed a couple more bottles of Claim 52's Glasgow Kiss II, as well as Pfriem's Barrel-Aged Flanders Red, and Breakside's Bourbon Barrel-Aged Salted Caramel Stout. And that'll be it as I gear up for trips to Pacific City, NYC, and Athens, OH.

Top Bottom