• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Thanks guys! I'll check out Rampant and see if I can find La Folie.

I'd also throw in pretty much any of their Lips of Faith bombers (well, blackberry barleywine was...not so good). I enjoy their Abbey ale, and most of their other sours are quite good as well. Le Terroir, Eric's Ale and the Oscar and Felix variants that will occasionally be rolled out to beer events.

Ohio is one step closer to eliminating the ABV level. The Governor just now needs to sign the bill.

Not sure how the BS label requirement they put in there is going to play out. Anything over 12% has to be labeled as "high alcohol beer". Are out-of-state breweries going to go out of their way with an additional cost to either do special labels or do stickers for this? Leave it to Ohio to fuck this up. Probably a stipulation embedded by InBev lobbyists.

We just got New Belgium distribution here in Upstate NY. Anything from them worth getting?
I think my favorite of their yearly sours is le terroir. The watermelon lime spring beer is fun and the new hoppy blond is damn delicious.

I'd also throw in pretty much any of their Lips of Faith bombers (well, blackberry barleywine was...not so good). I enjoy their Abbey ale, and most of their other sours are quite good as well. Le Terroir, Eric's Ale and the Oscar and Felix variants that will occasionally be rolled out to beer events.
I had a couple glasses of an Oscar love barrel about a month ago at the brewery. So tasty.

I had some Melvin's Hubert MPA last night. It is absolutely amazing! They haven't lost anything by increasing their production. They make me proud to live in Wyoming.

We barely get any Stillwater around here. But knowing they make a stout makes me want to see if it showed up in town.

K8pKCzj.jpg

Yeah, not sure how it made its way to our high-end grocery store here in Oregon, but I'm not complaining. I'm going back to get more tomorrow.

HiResDes

Need help from anyone in the know about how much Treehouse IPAs usually retail, received interest from someone in doing a trade for Clown Shoes White Tail Unidragon which is sort of a shelf turd here in Cincy...They offered a 2:1 ratio, but Unidragon retails for $14.99...Is this a fair trade?

pxleyes

Banned
Need help from anyone in the know about how much Treehouse IPAs usually retail, received interest from someone in doing a trade for Clown Shoes White Tail Unidragon which is sort of a shelf turd here in Cincy...They offered a 2:1 ratio, but Unidragon retails for $14.99...Is this a fair trade?

not really, unless he knows yours is a shelf turd. Cans are I think $4 per, which should net you 3-4:1.

Treehouse cans don't go $:$ at the moment. The fact that they're brewery only and you normally have to wait in line for a stupid amount of time has raised their value with most people who are willing to trade them. Not saying it's right, but that's what I've seen online.

Jarnet87

Treehouse cans don't go $:$ at the moment. The fact that they're brewery only and you normally have to wait in line for a stupid amount of time has raised their value with most people who are willing to trade them. Not saying it's right, but that's what I've seen online.

everyone wants them right now. I'll wait for the buzz to die down to trade for some Treeshouse. Hoof Hearted was super hot a few months back and now it can be acquired in a trade relatively easy. I was looking for Treehouse but went with some Trillium beer instead, amazing stuff from them.

Got a bottle of Pinot Suave by Deschuttes tonight. Very sweet and tart, which was kind of expected. Well worth trying, but glad I didn't get a second bottle to age. This is a one and done for me, even if I am enjoying it greatly.

Drank some HIll Farmstead Sumner, Abner, and Point of Life (?) tonight... Forget what the last one was. And capped it off with a can of Rising Tide Maine Trail Ale when I got home which is a really great hoppy session ale.

Hill Farmstead is pretty GOAT for New England/North East beers. Sumner has become my favorite over Susan.

Gonna have my last bottles of Bell's Oatsmobile Ale and Founder's Sumatra Mountain Brown tonight. I think I'll pick up some Bell's Hopsolution after work since I see it's currently near my job.

Headed to DC for a work trip next week, and looking forward to checking out some local beer places while there. Based on the info upthread, looks like DC Brau, Capitol City Brewing, Churchkey are worth hitting. Anywhere else?

Looks like I'm missing the opening of the Tysons Biergarten my one goddamn day. Just my luck.

mcfrank

a1TXBnK.jpg

Two days in portland and I managed to hit

DeGarde
The Commons
Great Notion
Cascade
and Upright

and bring back 13 bottles and a crowler. Not too shabby.

johnsmith

remember me
With beer festival season starting I need to know how to pronounce gose. I swear to god the asshole manning the tap always feels the need to correct me no matter how I say it.

Say it "goes" and they say "oh you mean goz-uh?"

Say "goz-uh" and they say "oh you mean goes?"

Just shut up and give me my beer. You know what I want.

With beer festival season starting I need to know how to pronounce gose. I swear to god the asshole manning the tap always feels the need to correct me no matter how I say it.

Say it "goes" and they say "oh you mean goz-uh?"

Say "goz-uh" and they say "oh you mean goes?"

Just shut up and give me my beer. You know what I want.
It's goz-uh. Doesn't really help, though, that every brewery and its mom are making puns on "goes."

Stopped by New Belgium a couple days ago and they had on the last keg of the 2011 Biere de Mars. It was really gassy due to the Brett continuing to ferment in the keg. It was footy and almost cheese like (in a really good brettanomyces sort of way). It was a really nice surprise to experience. I took home of growler of their Hof ten Dormaal collaboration beer and shared it over a dinner of Copper River salmon burgers (fantastic pairing of the esters from the yeast and the rich fattiness of the sockeye).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Been a while since I chimed in.

Wife and I were in Hawaii for two weeks and we stopped by Maui Brewing Co. and Kauai Island Brewing Co. Picked up a super nice insulated SS growler from Maui Brewing ($55 was too good to pass up...also got one for my friend who watched our dogs for a few days while we were gone). The list at both breweries were great - got a sampler from each place. Maui was 6 samples (so my wife and I each got 6 different beers) and Kauai was 5 (they also had 3 beers not listed on their menu).

I was super impressed with both places. Each had some really amazing selections. I was originally under the impression that the beer selection in Hawaii was mediocre at best, but according to what I learned from some locals, the beer scene is really starting to take off there.

A few pics (I had to take the black growler because it's classy as fwok):

Had a fantastic time at ChurchKey last night, and even managed to grab a booth during the SAVOR event.

Still trying to decide where to go tonight before I fly out tomorrow.

EDIT: Ended up at the Bier Baron Tavern, and had a great time. Huge bottle/can selection, as well as some wonderful stuff on tap.

Been a while since I chimed in.

Wife and I were in Hawaii for two weeks and we stopped by Maui Brewing Co. and Kauai Island Brewing Co. Picked up a super nice insulated SS growler from Maui Brewing ($55 was too good to pass up...also got one for my friend who watched our dogs for a few days while we were gone). The list at both breweries were great - got a sampler from each place. Maui was 6 samples (so my wife and I each got 6 different beers) and Kauai was 5 (they also had 3 beers not listed on their menu).

I was super impressed with both places. Each had some really amazing selections. I was originally under the impression that the beer selection in Hawaii was mediocre at best, but according to what I learned from some locals, the beer scene is really starting to take off there.

A few pics (I had to take the black growler because it's classy as fwok):

I was on Kauai back in April, and sadly you went to the wrong brewery on Kauai. Kauai Beer Company in Lihue is making some amazing stuff. Good food and I had an east-coast style hazy IPA. Kauai Island is totally serviceable, but I'd never go there over KBC.

Holy Evil Twin Day!

Tons of Evil Twin stuff hit town, and almost all in four pack pint cans. Imperial Biscotti, Even More Jesus, and some new ones like No Hero oatmeal stout. And damn, they are cheaper now too.
I am used to bombers of Even More Jesus going for about $15 or so bucks, but the four pack of pints was that price. I welcome the new cheaper prices.

They also had bombers of Liquid Double Fudge by them, which was only $7. That sounds like a stout right up my alley.

Also, my wife was on a business trip the last two days, and on the way back the entire group that was traveling went to Sierra Nevada brewery in NC. She snagged me a mixed six pack of regular stuff, but also a bottle of their 35th Anniversary Reserve ale. I am excited for that one.

Gonna have to pick up a 4-pack of EMJ after work, it looks like.

Beer I bought recently was Bell's Hopsolution, Grey Sail's Captain's Daughter, Sixpoint's Puff, and Alpine's Hoppy Birthday. I'm not the biggest fan of IPA but I rather drink something strong yet not as thick during the summer compared to a stout.

Top Bottom