• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

ShinAmano

Doing a darkness vertical tomorrow.

2008-2015BA

There will be about 30 other bottles at the share and I am making Bbq.

If you are in my town come on over and help :)

Richmond VA

Momentary

Banned
Will try this one posthaste.

Their Breakfast Stout and Kentucky Breakfast Stout... Both are world class beers. Both by Founders. If you like their Porter, this will give you a heart attack. I think their regular Breakfast Stout is dew for release in a few months. I think it might be too late for the KBS though.

Nabbed a Pliny The Elder today. The owner of the store says he'll also receive The Younger when it's released.

This beer has so much damn hype behind it... I hope it's as good as every says it is.
13508879_1126780824048979_8781824454321727531_n.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Doing a darkness vertical tomorrow.

2008-2015BA

There will be about 30 other bottles at the share and I am making Bbq.

If you are in my town come on over and help :)

Richmond VA

I've heard some fantastic things about Surly brewing. Do they distribute outside their region?

Momentary

Banned
I hope that store has taps, PtY is draft only every February.

DAMN! I'll ask him about that. Because the store works directly with both Stone and Russian River. Maybe he was confused or something. Because he knew everything about both companies and was able to answer everything right off the top of his head. VERY knowledgeable dude. He even

If that's the case, then I'll just drive to Russian River since it's so close.

Edit: I just called him and he said he gets it on draft and he does crowlers for his regulars. Just to make sure I did my own research and he's telling the truth.

Pub draft only, VERY limited distribution locally and to distributors on draft only, seasonal- released at our pub the first Friday of February and is available for just 2 weeks, available at select accounts during February.

So I'm getting me some Younger come February baby!

DAMN! I'll ask him about that. Because the store works directly with both Stone and Russian River. Maybe he was confused or something. Because he knew everything about both companies and was able to answer everything right off the top of his head. VERY knowledgeable dude. He even

If that's the case, then I'll just drive to Russian River since it's so close.

Edit: I just called him and he said he gets it on draft and he does crowlers for his regulars. Just to make sure I did my own research and he's telling the truth.

So I'm getting me some Younger come February baby!

I hope he doesn't really do crowlers. That's grounds for Russian River to terminate his account for their beer. No fills of PtY ever.

Had it in 2012 in Seattle back when we used to get RR. It's good, but hype is dumb.

Their Breakfast Stout and Kentucky Breakfast Stout... Both are world class beers. Both by Founders. If you like their Porter, this will give you a heart attack. I think their regular Breakfast Stout is dew for release in a few months. I think it might be too late for the KBS though.

Nabbed a Pliny The Elder today. The owner of the store says he'll also receive The Younger when it's released.

This beer has so much damn hype behind it... I hope it's as good as every says it is.
13508879_1126780824048979_8781824454321727531_n.jpg
Yo! New RuinTen and an orange variant? Awesome. I pray they hit here, as Stone special releases are fewer and far between in town now.
Heck, there is still RuinTen from last year sitting on the shelf at one store.

Jarnet87

Depends on where you live but france44 sells and ships a lot of Surly beers. It's really not that much more expensive then buying and shipping beer for a trade. Ended up not buying a 4 pack of Furious and Todd but I emailed them and both 4 packs were within 3-4weeks of their canning date.

I had their Pentagram when I was in DC earlier this month, but that's the only place I've ever seen their stuff.

DC doesn't have distribution laws, so places can get whatever they want and legally sell it.

Depends on where you live but france44 sells and ships a lot of Surly beers. It's really not that much more expensive then buying and shipping beer for a trade. Ended up not buying a 4 pack of Furious and Todd but I emailed them and both 4 packs were within 3-4weeks of their canning date.

I've used France44 in the past for some Minnesota fresh hop beers. Really good service and the price isn't too crazy. I meant to get some #Merica cans for the 4th through them, but probably wouldn't get here in time now.

Haven't tried a Founders yet but last night I had a great coffee stout (mike something) and some kind of... Apple cinnamon cereal stout. Both were delicious. Milk stout ran out before I could get a chance. Also, it turns out they were serving Russian River Temptation and I didn't even notice it! Disappointed in myself about that.

Haven't tried a Founders yet but last night I had a great coffee stout (mike something) and some kind of... Apple cinnamon cereal stout. Both were delicious. Milk stout ran out before I could get a chance. Also, it turns out they were serving Russian River Temptation and I didn't even notice it! Disappointed in myself about that.

Mike Hess.

And Temptation is my fave RR beer. Like champagne.

boxter432

Finally picked up some sixpoint resin at a store 5 blocks from me in MN. Glad to see some Surly chat on this page! The brewery (building/patio, beer, food) is awesome. Recommended to anyone who gets to Minneapolis.

Heading to Sonoma in a couple weeks for a half marathon and wine tours. Also stopping at Russian river and lagunitas. Any suggestions beyond pliney?

Finally picked up some sixpoint resin at a store 5 blocks from me in MN. Glad to see some Surly chat on this page! The brewery (building/patio, beer, food) is awesome. Recommended to anyone who gets to Minneapolis.

Heading to Sonoma in a couple weeks for a half marathon and wine tours. Also stopping at Russian river and lagunitas. Any suggestions beyond pliney?
Blind Pig (better than Pliny). Consecration, Supplication, Temptation. Probably gonna be hard to find a bad beer there.

Heading to Montreal and Quebec City next week. Had very little exposure to Quebec beer (Trou du Diable, Three Musketeers, DDC). Psyched.

Blind Pig (better than Pliny). Consecration, Supplication, Temptation. Probably gonna be hard to find a bad beer there.

RR does a massive flight of every beer they have. I normally hate flights, but it's worth it.

A lot of dark coffee love going on in this thread right now. I just had a Samuel Smith oatmeal stout and thought it was really something great.

Super hyped on this:

hYjVLNL.jpg

Ooooh. I wants.
Picked up Country Boy Mexican Chocolate Stout (tastes like a lesser version of Xocoveza, but with the chiles up front and stronger), Off Color Coffee Dino Smores, Bruery Share This coffee stout, and Against the Grain 70k.
It was an expensive night.

It's nothing too fancy, but Ninkasi's seasonal "Maiden the Shade" Summer IPA is back and I finally tried it. That stuff is delicious. Don't know how I managed to miss it all these years. I gave some to my buddy who "hates IPAs" and he was so enthralled he had a couple. It's nothing I would arrange a tasting around, but it's a great beer for grilling and enjoying the sunshine.

Top Bottom