• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Jarnet87

What's a good light beer I can get at my local liquor store? I'm not a big beer drinker but I had a Corona Light the other day and I liked it more than something like a Bud Light or Amstell Light.

http://www.totalwine.com/store-info/massachusetts-natick/1701

This is the largest liquor store in my area. They're the biggest liquor store I've ever been in. They seem to carry a wide variety of stuff.

lagers, wheat ales, maybe some session India Pale Ales or American Pale Ales.

Mitch

Banned
Girlfriend and I got two tickets for Hoof Hearted's Konkey Dong release this Sunday.

Super excited to try it, especially since it's fresh. Apparently a decent number of people who weren't able to get tickets will be at the event with other sought after beer. Will hopefully be able to trade there.

So Prairie apparently has a new distributor, so their beers magically appeared at my local beer shop. Grabbed a couple bottles of Bomb, as well as their Apple Brandy Barrel Noir.

HiResDes

Big big shoutouts to Ernie for the lead, scored three Noble Sorrel at Brentwood and they even had some left, just was too broke to get more lol

Montreal pickups for late night back at our AirBNB...

image.jpg

HIGHLY recommend BBA La Mort from Black Raven out in Redmond to the Seattle peeps here. Came out at the brewery today.

I've had it in the past, good beer. Great Grandfather Raven is my favorite thing they've ever done.

In other news, I had Le Castor's Yakima IPA at a bar in Montreal tonight that had taxidermy ostrich heads on the wall. Fantastic beer and cool space.

My first own homebrew finished clarification yesterday and I'm just properly trying it today. I am pleasantly surprised with how it turned out, made in the Belgian dubbel style, 7.5% ABV. It's quite bitter, I think I need to get some candi sugar for my next one and make it a lot stronger.

Overall a happy man.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Finally bit the bullet and joined Untappd. Signed up yesterday at lunchtime and I've already got 13 distinct beers listed. This is not going to help my drinking habit.

That Prairie Apple Brandy Noir was incredible. Heading back to pick up everything my store has of it, likely just to keep and age in my basement.

Link: What's your Untappd username? I'm mtsmylie

thabiz

My first own homebrew finished clarification yesterday and I'm just properly trying it today. I am pleasantly surprised with how it turned out, made in the Belgian dubbel style, 7.5% ABV. It's quite bitter, I think I need to get some candi sugar for my next one and make it a lot stronger.

Overall a happy man.

Good work. Looks good.

Little bottle share last night. Highlights being both the Cantillons, the Trillium Heavy Mettle (which I thought was pretty similar to Todd the Axeman from Surly) and the Chubna. Not pictured was the infected 110415 BCBS, I wanted to like it, despite what I heard, but it was a drain pour.

I heard you "should" drink different beers in different types of glasses.

So what glasses for the different types of beer?
I like only drink in the IKEA Åtråvärd-glas:

That glass is pretty much a perfect all around beer glass. I like drinking in different glassware and collecting glassware, but I'm not convinced glass shape makes all that much difference. If it's a good beer, it will be just as enjoyable in a shaker glass is it would be in an $80 crystal Riedel Cognac snifter.

If you really want to get into proper glassware though, here's a pretty basic overview:
MILBi8S.jpg

Lotto

Duck Duck Gooze 2016 online release has had to be one of the worst online releases I've ever had to deal with. They tried rescheduling the release due to server problems a week ago that happened again today and then completely changed what site they were being sold on three times. An hour and 45 minutes later from their intended release time I have my 6 bottles but wow what a mess.

Duck Duck Gooze 2016 online release has had to be one of the worst online releases I've ever had to deal with. They tried rescheduling the release due to server problems a week ago that happened again today and then completely changed what site they were being sold on three times. An hour and 45 minutes later from their intended release time I have my 6 bottles but wow what a mess.

They should just do away with Internet sales and force people to show up. De Garde did that with ticket sales for their last anniversary party and it went much better.

And now all sales are canceled since they sold 2x more than they made.

Beer Junction in West Seattle is easier to get to than Chuck's CD from I-5. Great taplist, bottles and they also do crowlers.

Holy Mountain does some fills, but you should just stop in and drink a couple.

riotous

Banned
Yeah Beer Junction the overall best spot IMO; I don't think of West Seattle as off I-5, but in thinking about it.. you are right, it is really easy to get to and has that big free parking lot behind it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At least I got my 5 bottles of Lost Abbey Whale Juice!

I still have 3 bottles of the last release.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Drinking Fantôme's Saison. After overdosing a bit on Saison Dupont (came across a batch of very affordable bottles and couldn't resist the offer) this hits all the right notes. About as dry as SD, but a lot more sour elements that hit you right away. Good stuff!

Edit: Happy International Beer Day by the way GAF!

Top Bottom