• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

sUnNJIs.jpg
New Beer Friday! Never had Rusty Nail before; and last Year's W00tstout was pretty great, so I'm excited about the 2016.

New Beer Friday! Never had Rusty Nail before; and last Year's W00tstout was pretty great, so I'm excited about the 2016.

Right on about the Rusty Nail. It's only the second time Fremont has made it, and if you only have one I'd drink it fresh. The cinnamon falls off pretty fast.

Badgerst3

Side trip to Lost Abbey taste room this aft. Thought may be able to stumble across some Duck Duck Gooze. Yeah right...... They are not even tapping any when the bottles are released to online buyers.

Thankfully Track 8 on tap- so not a wasted trip by any means.

riotous

Banned

Just noticed this post. Did you really manage to buy a Rusty Nail last Friday? lol, shit so scarce. I managed 2 at the brewery and 1 at a bottle shop; was pretty much impossible to get unless a shop was setting them aside for regulars. Drank my second of 3 last night for my birthday; amazing stuff.

And that Apple Brandy Bomb is incredibly by the way.

Just noticed this post. Did you really manage to buy a Rusty Nail last Friday? lol, shit so scarce. I managed 2 at the brewery and 1 at a bottle shop; was pretty much impossible to get unless a shop was setting them aside for regulars. Drank my second of 3 last night for my birthday; amazing stuff.

He's in Corvalis. They probably get it later than Seattle, and not as much hype down there.

Right on about the Rusty Nail. It's only the second time Fremont has made it, and if you only have one I'd drink it fresh. The cinnamon falls off pretty fast.

Good advice! Having a friend over tonight, and we'll probably crack it open and share it. It's too bad the cinnamon wouldn't last some serious cellaring.

Yep, just magically appeared this past week at my favorite local beer shop here in Corvallis. After trying it tonight, if I like it as much as it sounds like I will, I'll probably circle back and grab whatever they have left.

You guys weren't kidding about that Firestone/Fremont Rusty Nail. That was fantastic. And all sold out across Corvallis now. :(

Planning my trip to Atlanta in October. Anything I'm missing on my list so far?

IgFTVmW.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Had Mango Even Keel last night for the first time. That's a REALLY good session IPA. Definitely going to pick more of that up.

Speaking of Corvallis, if you haven't already, you should hit up Block 15 for some Peach Punch in the Face IPA cans.

Just released this past weekend! I'll likely go into town today and try it!

Creature Comforts

Looks like quite a drive from Atlanta, but I've heard great things about them. It appears several establishments inside Atlanta have their stuff on tap, so I may just go that route.

Just released this past weekend! I'll likely go into town today and try it!

Looks like quite a drive from Atlanta, but I've heard great things about them. It appears several establishments inside Atlanta have their stuff on tap, so I may just go that route.

Didn't realize they're in Athens! I'm sure you can get their stuff all over town. I've had Tropicalis before, it's a really nice IPA.

Lotto

Had Mango Even Keel last night for the first time. That's a REALLY good session IPA. Definitely going to pick more of that up.

It's hit or miss with me. Sometimes it tastes like fruity pebbles and it catches me off guard. It's interesting to say the least.

Also, been in Seattle since Saturday and you guys have a great beer selection. Only been to Fremont so far but I might try and make it to the Saturday The Lamb release. Gonna try and hit up either Cloudburst or Holy Mountain later today. Managed to pick up some DeGarde Pale, Melvin 2x4, Fort George 3-way IPA, and a few Stickee Monkees at Central Market in Shoreline. Seattle's awesome.

Glad you're having fun! I was at HM yesterday. They've got a couple bottles to go right now.

http://www.brewbound.com/news/stone-brewing-licenses-name-26-million-hotel-concept

Feels like Stone is leading the campaign to push any notion of Craft or alternative beer beyond its breaking point

There's an Oregon chain called McMennamins that has brewery/restaurant/hotels in Oregon and Washington. They tend to buy old historical buildings and convert them. Pretty successful model.

HiResDes

Got a couple Gumbalhead, a four pack of Even More Jesus and a sixer of some not so noteworthy local cream Stout for some guests coming over.

Interviewing with a local brewery tomorrow. So damn excited about the possibility of getting my foot in the door. :D

You guys weren't kidding about that Firestone/Fremont Rusty Nail. That was fantastic. And all sold out across Corvallis now. :(

Planning my trip to Atlanta in October. Anything I'm missing on my list so far?

IgFTVmW.png

Burnt Hickory is amazing stuff, but last time I was in the GA breweries couldn't sell you bottles of beer on premise, and offered limited tastings.

Also, anyone in here home brew? Wondering if there are enough of us to warrant an OT.

andylsun

Also, anyone in here home brew? Wondering if there are enough of us to warrant an OT.

There's a home brewing thread here already, but it's kind of quiet (last post in 2014). I started posting my latest home brew adventures in this thread instead.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495188

I've been tending this this year.

dH54CY9l.jpg

Have 3 hop plants in large planters. Cascade, Fuggles and Goldings. First year and Cascade should give me a few oz of cones.

I don't grow any myself, but I always pick a fair amount of the feral hops that grow around here. And I'm going out to one of the local farms to check out the hops harvest tomorrow. Should be a good time.

Ron Mexico

Well that is a couple of us. :) I say we revive it a bit.

I'd be in as well. Just bought a new house, mostly finished unpacking and ready to get back into my homebrewing. Still only doing 5 gallon batches, but it's a nice break from the 9-5.

Think I saw elsewhere that you moved to NJ outunderthestars, which brewery did you apply to?

I'd be in as well. Just bought a new house, mostly finished unpacking and ready to get back into my homebrewing. Still only doing 5 gallon batches, but it's a nice break from the 9-5.

Think I saw elsewhere that you moved to NJ outunderthestars, which brewery did you apply to?

I was just hired on at River Horse Brewing. Off to the coast to try five breweries to celebrate. :)

Kane, beachaus, dark city, jughandle, & Little Dog. Not a bad way to spend a Friday.

Ron Mexico

Have a guy that used to work for me years ago that works over at River Horse. Need to go back there-- it's been probably 3 years since I've been there.

It's a little further down the parkway, but I'd thoroughly recommend Backward Flag in Forked River if you're already going to be down towards the shore. Rinn Duin would be right along your path as well but I wasn't terribly crazy about them.

Noticed you skipped Carton. Good choice.

Top Bottom