• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Mitch

Banned
I've always wanted to try it. Figured I'd get a bottle and see how I like it. Enjoyed it for the most part, but it was definitely on the overly strong side. Most likely won't buy again.

I'll probably drink the On Fleek tonight.

Anyone going to the Hoof Hearted release this Sunday? My girlfriend and I got tickets, but ended up deciding we only want three four-packs. So if anyone wasn't able to snag a ticket, just hit me up and I can give you mine.

HiResDes

I've always wanted to try it. Figured I'd get a bottle and see how I like it. Enjoyed it for the most part, but it was definitely on the overly strong side. Most likely won't buy again.

I'll probably drink the On Fleek tonight.

Anyone going to the Hoof Hearted release this Sunday? My girlfriend and I got tickets, but ended up deciding we only want three four-packs. So if anyone wasn't able to snag a ticket, just hit me up and I can give you mine.
Damn wish I didn't have to work now

Back to DC next week for a business trip!

ChurchKey and Bier Baron were my two favorite venues when I was there several months ago. Any others I should make sure I hit this time around?

Cant stop the fresh hop.

IMG_2380.jpg

Back to DC next week for a business trip!

ChurchKey and Bier Baron were my two favorite venues when I was there several months ago. Any others I should make sure I hit this time around?

Last time I was there the beer scene wasn't as big. Went to DC Brau which was nice. I've heard good things about Meridian Pint.

Bottleworks got Ancient One Bbomb today. $40. I'm sure they're all gone already.

Sounds like stores really are having to choose between the two. One place got AO KDS last night. Awesome they were doing in house pours only.

riotous

Banned
Yeah everyone said they got one 6 pick, no choice which one.

Asked around a bit and everyone said they were getting tons of calls, even at Central Market. They got theirs this morning and sold out in an hour.

Fairly pointless retail release.

Yeah everyone said they got one 6 pick, no choice which one.

Asked around a bit and everyone said they were getting tons of calls, even at Central Market. They got theirs this morning and sold out in an hour.

Fairly pointless retail release.

It's not pointless, someone got lucky.

Same deal with Peche n Brett. Gotta know someone or be in the right place at the right tome.

riotous

Banned
It's not pointless, someone got lucky.

Yeah I meant more to actually try hard to get it, as in pointless to stress about it; just blind luck or knowing someone who isn't stocking it publicly. It's cool of them to spread the love to 4 states.

Speaking of that; ended up with one extra ancient b-bomb due to a very friendly retailer.

hom3land

i4NjPGo.jpg

Finally able to try this and it's damn good. Surprising how well it turned out considering how many breweries came together to make it.

For those that don't know, after HB2 passed here in North Carolina, ponysaurus brewery got together with breweries throughout the state to make a beer that's profits go towards NC gay rights.

i4NjPGo.jpg

Finally able to try this and it's damn good. Surprising how well it turned out considering how many breweries came together to make it.

For those that don't know, after HB2 passed here in North Carolina, ponysaurus brewery got together with breweries throughout the state to make a beer that's profits go towards NC gay rights.

Now that's a beer I'd trade for.

Just got a pretty basd ass box out of the blue. I love it when that happens!

So what is spice wars kds?

Cinnamon and Vannila Kentucky Dark Star (Bourbon Barell aged Oatmeal Stout). 2014 release so the spices are probably pretty faded at this point.

wutwutwut

Hi. I don't drink much, so beer is a bit of a treat for me. I don't like the hoppy stuff that's popular these days. My favorite (not crazy expensive) beer of all time is Duvel, with the St Bernardus quad coming in second.

Ron Mexico

Not quite the PNW, but sitting at Troegs having a Fresh Hop ale from their scratch series. There's a sweetness I can't quite pick out. Tasty though.

Nice. I'll have to make it out there...when is the release for kds usually?

Also coffee, first and rusty nail on the way :)

Normally right around Halloween, although standard and variants never release at the same time. Regular BBomb is now always on Black Friday. The owner really hates ABInbev and is trying to take the day back from the Bourbon County shenanigans.

Not quite the PNW, but sitting at Troegs having a Fresh Hop ale from their scratch series. There's a sweetness I can't quite pick out. Tasty though.

Fresh hop is fresh hop! Only bummer is the rest of the country can't grow a lot of the new hype hops (Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe, Azacca, Amarillo, Equinox, etc.) due to patents, so you either grow older hops locally or ship them overnight from Yakima or Willamete Valley.

^-- On Fleek is pretty solid.

Also Hardywood Trickery drops 10/29 (not a huge suprise but at least not 10/31 like last year).

Thanks for the heads up.

Normally right around Halloween, although standard and variants never release at the same time. Regular BBomb is now always on Black Friday. The owner really hates ABInbev and is trying to take the day back from the Bourbon County shenanigans.

Speaking of Bourbon County, anyone else deal with the last recall? Think the deadline was a couple days ago to get shit sent in. Both of the bottles I was holding onto to drink next to next years had bad dates so I was bummed.

At World of Beers in Arlington tonight, and I never want to leave.

Speaking of Bourbon County, anyone else deal with the last recall? Think the deadline was a couple days ago to get shit sent in. Both of the bottles I was holding onto to drink next to next years had bad dates so I was bummed.

I had several of the infected barleywines, and they were still drinkable, just had a crazy sour cherry taste. The doofuses who dumped them are insane.

Chris R

Canned Irish Death! Sweet, no idea if this is new or not but it's fine by me. Loved it when I had it in Seattle, nice to see it here in Alaska now

At World of Beers in Arlington tonight, and I never want to leave.

I had several of the infected barleywines, and they were still drinkable, just had a crazy sour cherry taste. The doofuses who dumped them are insane.

I haven't had an infected barleywine, but have tried to drink a couple of the 2015 infected BCBS and they were all undrinkable. I really wanted to believe they wouldn't be that bad, but they were all just really off and not at all pleasant to drink.

I had 1 of those that was drinkable, then tried another that was foul as fuck so it varied. I am going to try the infected normal BCBS after I get my refund just to see before dumping it but I don't have high hopes.

Jarnet87

The Total Wine near me finally ran out of Apple Brandy Noir, think I picked up 4 or 5 bottles of it as I was grabbing a bottle every weekend I stopped in after the bank lol.

We got Rumpkyn and Pumpkyn here last week. Tried Rumpkyn last year and it was good but not 13.99 good for a 12 ounce bottle IMO.

My infected BCBW was horrible. Absolutely vile.

Canned Irish Death! Sweet, no idea if this is new or not but it's fine by me. Loved it when I had it in Seattle, nice to see it here in Alaska now

It's been canned for at least two years now. Never been a fan of it, but people really love that beer.

Link

The Autumn Wind
The World of Beer down the street from me that's also on my way home from work opens on Wednesday. My Untappd check-ins are about to blow up.

Having an Avery Pumpkyn tonight. Damn, that is good. Nice taste of pumpkin spices without being very sweet, with the flavor of bourbon mixed in. Hides the 18.8% ABV very well, and digging the flavors as it warms up over the last hour and a half.

Really good. Dunno if $14 for 12oz good, but I am actually tempted to go get another to sit on for a year.

Mitch

Banned
Hoof's I'll Have What She's Having is a pretty killer DIPA. My girlfriend is trading most of her allotment for some good beers. I'll post 'em once they come in.

May try to grab some Weyerbacher Sunday Mole Stout tomorrow or Friday. Local bottle shops are getting it in today. Not sure if it's limited or how fast it will fly off the shelves.

gwailo

Banned
I'm a pretty big guy (6'3" 265 lbs) and have a pretty high tolerance but have never polished off a growler in one sitting. I really couldn't see doing that with something like an Imperial IPA or Belgian strong. They usually keep for 2-3 days as long as you put the cap back on tight.

Chris R

I'm a pretty big guy (6'3" 265 lbs) and have a pretty high tolerance but have never polished off a growler in one sitting. I really couldn't see doing that with something like an Imperial IPA or Belgian strong. They usually keep for 2-3 days as long as you put the cap back on tight.

One sitting no, but on a Saturday I'd have no problem a few years ago.

I've slowed down since then, not waking up with a hangover is nice.

Top Bottom