• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

I think that's what I liked about Almanac's Pumpkin barleywine, and especially Fremont's Roasted Pumpkin Bbomb and their Bourbon Barrel Pumpkin Barleywine. The pumpkin accentuates the base beer.

Also, speaking of Fremont, they've upped the price of standard KDS/BBADS to $20 a bottle this year. Guessing Bbomb will also be $20 and the variants will be $22 or $25. [sigh]

Jarnet87

Favorite Pumpkin beer is Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkin...going to crack one Saturday :)

I tried some Heavy Seas beers for the first time a couple weeks ago, had never even bother to try their stuff but a distribution rep was tasting a few of their beers. A couple of their IPAs aren't bad, definitely different and the Hoppelback was enjoyable. Just wish they did a bottle on date instead of best by.

ShinAmano

I tried some Heavy Seas beers for the first time a couple weeks ago, had never even bother to try their stuff but a distribution rep was tasting a few of their beers. A couple of their IPAs aren't bad, definitely different and the Hoppelback was enjoyable. Just wish they did a bottle on date instead of best by.
Honestly I usually only pick up their seasonal stuff. But overall I like their stuff. Need to get up to the bacon pirate party they throw.

riotous

Banned
I think that's what I liked about Almanac's Pumpkin barleywine, and especially Fremont's Roasted Pumpkin Bbomb and their Bourbon Barrel Pumpkin Barleywine. The pumpkin accentuates the base beer.

Also, speaking of Fremont, they've upped the price of standard KDS/BBADS to $20 a bottle this year. Guessing Bbomb will also be $20 and the variants will be $22 or $25. [sigh]

Is there a release schedule out there for these?

Drinking beers with some buddies and one of the Holy Mountain guys tonight. Should be interesting. Bringing a 2014 Rusty Nail and Sanctification batch 006 (2011).

Is there a release schedule out there for these?

KDS is Saturday and Bbomb is now always on Black Friday. Nothing on any of the variants, but I did hear that KDS Spice Wars is coming back. Dreading the potential $22-$25 price on the variants. Ugh.

Watching your feed on Untappd has me extremely jealous. Looks like a good time.

I'm home now. Holy fuck. So glad Toronado is a five minute walk from my house. DAMN. FUCK. WOW. So much beer and so many stories were told tonight.

Brought home the rest of the Apple Brandy Marshall Zhukov and Grey Monday for my wife. She's happy.

riotous

Banned
Oooh,.. Grey Monday, am jealous. Had the Vanilla Mash from Bruery the other day; wasn't super impressed.. has a metalic off sort of taste but I normally love Bruery.

Definitely going to Fremont tomorrow AM.

Oooh,.. Grey Monday, am jealous. Had the Vanilla Mash from Bruery the other day; wasn't super impressed.. has a metalic off sort of taste but I normally love Bruery.

Full list of bottles from last night:
Side Project - Saison du Ble (batch 3)
Sante Adarius - Appreciation (batch 5)
Funk Factory - Bosbes
Russian River - Sanctification (batch 6)
Bullfrong - Le Roar Grizz Kriek (batch 2)
Jacks Abby - Coffee Barrel Aged Framinghammer
Fremont - The Ancient One (2015)
Fremont - Rusty Nail (2014)
Cigar City - Marshall Zhukov's Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
Bruery - Grey Monday (2015)

Then as we were all getting to leave one dude bought a bottle of Cable Car for us to drink. So glad I live within walking distance of Toronado.

I'm not waiting in line for shelf beer, but I'll probably wander over to Fremont with my daughter in the early afternoon.

Then I'm having my own Zwanze Day in my garage and drinking Cantillon and other lambic.

riotous

Banned
@distantmantra - yeah I'm going mostly because it's a fun little bottle share but if I end up sleeping in I'll just do the tap room at 11.

vad1eei.jpg

New beers for the weekend. Also talked to a Fremont rep about their November beers. Supposed to be better than normal this year.

Having Mash and Vanilla from Bruery right now. Yeah, not super impressed. It is good, but not for that price.

Really liked Melange by them. Gonna dip into their quad this weekend.

New beers for the weekend. Also talked to a Fremont rep about their November beers. Supposed to be better than normal this year.
Aun Mas cafe Jesus is so damn good. Thick and black like motor oil, and tastes like strong black coffee.

HiResDes

Hoof Hearted just dropped a wet hop version of Musk of the minotaur, gonna try and get my hands on some...Might have to trade the last of my BA Oro Negro : (

obin_gam

Harvest is upon us.
Mor Calla is upon us.
Harvest Ale is upon us.

From the label: It's harvest time in 1869 and the autumn leaves sweeps over the new district that grows on the southern slopes of the mountain. A small gray cottage is emerging on The Stonehammer slope, Carolina Carlström or Mother Calla as she is affectionately called, is the first to build. She is a pioneer in many ways and is the first woman licensed to sell food on the town square. On her plot, she begins to grow vegetables and potatoes. In the early morning hours one can see her strenuous work on the plot.
Mor-Calla.jpg

Brewery: Stenhammaren from Sundsvall, Sweden Type: Harvest Ale Alcoholic Strength: 4.7% IBU: 30 Malt: Pale Ale malt and crystal malt Hops: Challenger and Bramling Cross

First time I tried this was autumn last year, and it is only brewed once a year as well. it is the tastiest fucking beer I have ever tried. If you have any possibility to import all the way from Sweden, somehow... or are on vacation this autumn in Sweden, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

Care to share specifics?

That Clown Shoes Billionaire is excellent; as is the Trillionaire.

Mostly Dark Star and its variants, as well as B-Bomb and Abominable. He said they're going to be unusually great this year. Hoping they make their way down to Corvallis this year.

Lotto

http://beergraphs.com/bg/1048-go-northeast-young-man-the-regional-juicification-/

Pretty interesting article about the NEIPA craze. It's a bit lengthy for an article about beer but I think it's worth a read. I got a friend living in Boston right now but i'd feel a bit weird asking her to bring some beer back for me, she lives closer to Trillium than Treehouse so it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'd love to compare how it tastes over there compared to what imitations I've been lucky to grab around here. If they're anything like the Monkish x Other Half collab. triple IPA I had, I'm jonesin.

Also, Happy Zwanze Day! Gonna be heading out soon.

http://beergraphs.com/bg/1048-go-northeast-young-man-the-regional-juicification-/

Pretty interesting article about the NEIPA craze. It's a bit lengthy for an article about beer but I think it's worth a read. I got a friend living in Boston right now but i'd feel a bit weird asking her to bring some beer back for me, she lives closer to Trillium than Treehouse so it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'd love to compare how it tastes over there compared to what imitations I've been lucky to grab around here. If they're anything like the Monkish x Other Half collab. triple IPA I had, I'm jonesin.

Also, Happy Zwanze Day! Gonna be heading out soon.

My wife goes to Boston regularly for work and she's been able to bring back Trillium bottles for me in the past. Looks like cans are finally getting back out to retail channels, she doesn't have time to head to the Ft Point brewery so it's normally whatever available at the bottle shops in Back Bay.

Tree House is way outside Boston and you normally have to stand in line. Never even considered asking her to try, cause I know it's out the question.

Didn't get Zwanze tickets, so I'm drinking Loons in my garage.
IMG_2635.jpg

riotous

Banned
2016 Dark Star pretty decent; did the 14-16 flight and think I preferred the 15 to the 16 which is not very hot but it is good.

Then went to Beer Junction and tried 11 different beers (7 fresh hop).. buzzed!

Lotto

My wife goes to Boston regularly for work and she's been able to bring back Trillium bottles for me in the past. Looks like cans are finally getting back out to retail channels, she doesn't have time to head to the Ft Point brewery so it's normally whatever available at the bottle shops in Back Bay.

Tree House is way outside Boston and you normally have to stand in line. Never even considered asking her to try, cause I know it's out the question.

Didn't get Zwanze tickets, so I'm drinking Loons in my garage.

Cheers, was a fun day for beer. Cantillon makes some damn good funky beers. I don't have much to compare to but I don't really think I need to either. Would love to visit their brewery in Belgium some day.

Cheers, was a fun day for beer. Cantillon makes some damn good funky beers. I don't have much to compare to but I don't really think I need to either. Would love to visit their brewery in Belgium some day.

I've been to Cantillon twice, once in 2011 and again in 2015. Awesome experience and great in house bottle list.

Still can't get over a three pack of 750s for 15 Euro.

IMG_2696.jpg

Went to a good friend's house last night for his birthday and as I was getting ready to leave he was all "hey man, I went to de Garde a while back and got you some beers." He wouldn't let me pay for them. That's love.

Link

The Autumn Wind
IMG_2696.jpg

Went to a good friend's house last night for his birthday and as I was getting ready to leave he was all "hey man, I went to de Garde a while back and got you some beers." He wouldn't let me pay for them. That's love.
I need better friends.

Nice to see Teku opening up. I know the people behind it and I wish them well. Probably won't frequent it much (if ever) with it being in SLU, though.

Heading to Fort Collins tonight before heading down to Denver on Friday for GABF. Any recommendations of beer bars I should make an effort to hit up? I'll already be making it to New Belgium, Funkwerks and Odell as far as breweries.

Damn Xocoveza been out for days why didn't anyone inform me - https://twitter.com/JunglesBeerGuy/status/783373631522910208?s=09

WHAAAA!? Of course, Stone is hit or miss here. Knowing the buyer at one store here he rejected it because it "wasn't in the system" like Americano Stout was. I never got that one.
And Xocoveza showed up mid December here last year briefly in a small shop that special ordered it. Hoping they get a lot this year.

I was happy to see Victory at Sea back out today though. Also got a six pack of Bell's Roundhouse. That was a damn tasty red IPA.

Mitch

Banned
Xocoveza was pretty damn good. A few shops are getting some Oro Negro in. Really want to try that out.

I had a Champion Ground in my hand last night. Had no idea what it was. Probably a mixture of being a little drunk and Lizardville being too dark. I regret not buying it now.

HiResDes

Xocoveza was pretty damn good. A few shops are getting some Oro Negro in. Really want to try that out.

I had a Champion Ground in my hand last night. Had no idea what it was. Probably a mixture of being a little drunk and Lizardville being too dark. I regret not buying it now.
Oro has some real heat on the backend.

I was looking forward to getting some but friend that was going to Boston this weekend got sick and canceled their trip. Oh well. Got New Glarus stuff to look forward to since I have some family traveling through Wisconsin so there's that.

Top Bottom