• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
posted this in the other thread, but enjoying this tonight:

CxRH6.png
6Kqzl.jpg

a feisty but delicious regional brew, I love the bold flavor and the nice buzz

AcridMeat

Banned
My family from Portland, Oregon visited over the holidays and brought me a bunch of their local brews.
SmIsil.jpg

GOsiBl.jpg

nzMNJl.jpg

pGWDVl.jpg

They're friends with the owner of HUB, and the last is a homebrew of their seasonal. Everything I've had so far has been great, the IPA reminded me most of Racer 5 actually. Sorry for the poor picture quality, I'll take more when I get around to drinking the last couple.

No Laurelwood Workhorse IPA? Easily one of the best beers to come out of Oregon.

Today during the brew day (the Citra Hop Pale Ale smelled incredible and the wort was actually pretty tasty) I brought growlers of Deschutes' Red Chair NWPA and Ten Barrel's Oregon Brown Ale (crazy ctirus hopped brown ale).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
has everyone had a chance to try out sierra nevada's latest, ruthless rye? i saw it show up in the shops about 2 weeks ago (chester CA, about an hour from the brewery, so maybe we'll get it first). pretty god damned good, and its growing on me. it smells fucking wonderful. i'm a SN nut, but definitely check it out when you come across it.

file.jpg

I don't think it's hit Seattle yet.

Deschutes' Red Chair NWPA is out for the year, but something is up with it. It's got a funky aroma/taste that shouldn't be there. I also noticed it in Hop Trip from October, I wonder if they're using a different hop variety?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Enjoying a Three Floyds Alpha King pale ale today. First FFF beer for me, I've got a bottle of Pride and Joy as well.

Hope it was nice and fresh.

FFF is a weird brewery for me. I usually enjoy their beers, but they always seem so strange. Their style is rather unique.

I have a 2010 Dark Lord in the fridge. It will be the first time I have had the normal Dark Lord. At GABF last year I tried some vanilla Brandy barrel aged version and it was quite delicious.

aceface

Having some blueberry beer right now. Easy to drink, makes a nice dessert. When I go out tomorrow, though, I will seek out some Belgian Honey Ale to keep the (lightly) sweet theme going. If anyone can recommend any other lightly sweet beers, I'm all ears. :)

I don't know if you can find Ommegang out there (it's an authentic Belgian brewery from near where I'm from in Upstate NY- I'm pretty sure they distribute to California) but if you can, Ommegang Aphrodite is the best fruit beer I've ever tasted. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/42/71369

Mimir

Is Six Point widely distributed?

I've only had a few styles, but they are already one of my favorite brewers.
43597.jpg
They started appearing in Rochester, NY a few months ago. I enjoyed Bengali Tiger and Mad Scientist quite a bit. I wasn't a huge fan of Sweet Action, but I don't really like cream ales that much to begin with. I'll try to track down some Diesel this weekend.

fenners

Drinking Black Metal from Jester King (not my pic) while trying to figure out how to easiest build a temperature controlled fermentation chamber. Already got the fridge, but have near zero woodworking skills so possibly raiding Ikea.

5655760732_feb4bd3a33.jpg

The Midwest has such shitty distribution. You guys have some damn good looking stuff. We have just started getting Deschutes on tap. Had their porter Monday. Not bad at all. Especially since the beer bar here does half off Mondays. $2.50 a pint!

The Midwest has such shitty distribution. You guys have some damn good looking stuff. We have just started getting Deschutes on tap. Had their porter Monday. Not bad at all. Especially since the beer bar here does half off Mondays. $2.50 a pint!

We don't get jolly pumpkin, Three Floyds or Bells. Greener grass and all that, you know.

Malvolio

What a challenge: drink all the Hopslam before the hops dissipate.

Actually did a side by side comparison last night with a year old Hopslam. Flavor was certainly reduced, but by no means was the old one bad. I do however look forward to enjoying the hell out of this batch for the next few months. Hopslam is without a doubt a top five beer for me.

shit! where are you? I gotta keep on my toes for this.

NW burbs of Chicago.

Nice beer bar: $1 per drink.
college bar/small town/dive bar where the people seem extra appreciative of tips: maybe $1 every other drink.

A lot of people around here are probably gonna call me a stingy tightwad for that, though. I myself am still a poor college student.

And you have permission to call me bro.

Drinking Black Metal from Jester King (not my pic) while trying to figure out how to easiest build a temperature controlled fermentation chamber. Already got the fridge, but have near zero woodworking skills so possibly raiding Ikea.

5655760732_feb4bd3a33.jpg

Here's a decent story on it http://www.byo.com/stories/techniqu...ntrolling-fermentation-temperature-techniques

I have a friend who does the water tubs in his garage, and he uses a re-circulation pump from an aquarium that keeps the temperature constant.

9# for a 70/- and 23# for a RIS. I got some brewing to do!
NVeuxl.jpg

Add that to the 7 cu. ft. freezer that I am picking up tomorrow and I am having a great weekend!

Having some refreshing A. Le Coq Alexander right now.

Light beer with a strong taste
Alcohol content: 5.2%
Alexander is a light beer with a strong distinctive flavour - a unique combination of strong taste and lightness achieved with the right degree of fermentation. Alexander is a power that quenches thirst and creates a good mood and delightful feeling. Alexander is a traditional beer of Tartu.
Alexander - beer of good thoughts.

http://www.alecoq.ee/eng/drinks/beer/alexander

pic.php

fenners

Here's a decent story on it http://www.byo.com/stories/techniqu...ntrolling-fermentation-temperature-techniques

I have a friend who does the water tubs in his garage, and he uses a re-circulation pump from an aquarium that keeps the temperature constant.

I've got friends that do the water tubs too here in TX but I have to keep my fermenters in my home office & don't want an increase in humidity affecting my books/board games.

I've found a few ikea units that should work for a decent price - more expensive than building, yes, but balanced by my lack of woodworking skills ;) I'll stick in a bunch of insulation & seal the joints etc.... All I need is a steady ~65 for the ales I make, which should be easy in my air conditioned house once I put it all together with my (free) minifridge + a temp controller.

What exactly do you mean by "over"?

Torpedo to me is all pine and grapefruit, and I love that flavor profile. Can't wait for it to come out in cans.

Top Bottom