• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Had Pliny the Younger yesterday. Quite a bit of it, in fact =D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I went to an event where they let us have as much as we could reasonably drink, although lots of bars are doing tickets/signups, which means it won't be worth it since you'll get a single 10 oz. pour AND wait in line.

Another bar in town announced nothing ahead of time and just said over twitter, "PtY is on" at a semi random time in the middle of the night.

Another bar in town announced nothing ahead of time and just said over twitter, "PtY is on" at a semi random time in the middle of the night.

Most of the places around here do it that way or just put it on tap and don't say anything. Doesn't really matter since the first guy who finds out tweets about it and it's gone in 40 minutes.

Angry Grimace

Most of the places around here do it that way or just put it on tap and don't say anything. Doesn't really matter since the first guy who finds out tweets about it and it's gone in 40 minutes.

We got an hour and a half of two kegs here. It's not really worth the wait but I had nothing better to do.

Angry Grimace

We've got a little mini-mart deli in West Seattle called Super Deli Mart. They tend to get 2-3 kegs of PtY every year.

Most of these places in town here have four, they just aren't putting them all at once (for good business reasons, I might add).

6837523023_83ea8bddd0.jpg

looks spectacular!

Got my sixer of Hopslam. Local place was charging $20 for a six-pack, limit 2. I don't remember what I paid last year, but it doesn't seem totally out of line (about $3.33 per bottle). What's everybody else paying for it?

Malvolio

Got my sixer of Hopslam. Local place was charging $20 for a six-pack, limit 2. I don't remember what I paid last year, but it doesn't seem totally out of line (about $3.33 per bottle). What's everybody else paying for it?

I got it for $17.99 a sixer limited to one case a day. Saw it at $20 at a few other places with one place only selling it in single bottles for $4 a piece limit 4. Pretty lame if you ask me.

I got it for $17.99 a sixer limited to one case a day. Saw it at $20 at a few other places with one place only selling it in single bottles for $4 a piece limit 4. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Where are you located, out of curiosity? I'm down in Florida, so it's likely more expensive here due to distance from the brewery in Michigan. The only places I've seen online selling it for under $20 are almost universally within a state or two of Michigan.

Malvolio

Where are you located, out of curiosity? I'm down in Florida, so it's likely more expensive here due to distance from the brewery in Michigan. The only places I've seen online selling it for under $20 are almost universally within a state or two of Michigan.

Chicago, so your theory holds true.

thespot84

local bar just swapped inthe new belgium season for DIG, and while it's not as pale as what I usually go for it was very tasty and very drinkable....

Tunic

I wish I could get a ticket! I won't be able to get to that area next Saturday. I love Pliny the Elder, would love to try Pliny the Younger.

Angry Grimace

Got my ticket for Pliny the Younger. Next Saturday at Last Drop Bottle Shop in the Maple Leaf neighborhood in Seattle. $6.00 for an 11 oz. pour.

...tickets? I just sat at a bar and got 5 of them. It didn't last long but there was a good hour in which any one could walk in and get some.

LProtag

I bought myself a 4 pack of La Fin for my new house and my girlfriend also got me a 4 pack for Valentines day, haha. So much to drink.

She also got me 3 of the Hitachino Nest beers, the White Ale, Weizen, and Red Rice. Pretty excited to try them all as they're supposed to be fantastic, but I'm really curious about the rice beer so I might try that first.

Damn! Really want to sample some hopslam. Beer GAF needs to arrange some trades!

I totally brought this up a few pages back but no one seemed interested :(

Went to that Cod and Cask Festival at Schlafly today and walked to two other breweries. Got too Day Drunk and forgot to take pictures. Passed out at 8pm. I'm such a disappointment Beer-Gaf

I am out of control today. Being hungover at Midnight already is somewhat unpleasant

Orayn

I have bottles of Ranger and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in my fridge, and am currently watching How Beer Saved the World on Netflix. Good times!

My daughter was born Saturday night. Once I've gotten just a wee bit of rest, I will be cracking my year-old bottle of Westy 12 in celebration!

NICE! Congrats. I am a few weeks away from closing on my first house and I will be opening my Westy 12 in celebration. I don't remember how old it is, but I've had for about 2 years so it is at least that old.

I got two a few years ago, drank the first one right away and have been saving the second one for a worthy occasion.

I bought it in Brussels last April. It's probably more like ~2 years old, haven't checked the stamp to figure it out.

I had it a couple times while in Belgium last spring, really curious to see how it ages.

I bought it in Brussels last April. It's probably more like ~2 years old, haven't checked the stamp to figure it out.

I had it a couple times while in Belgium last spring, really curious to see how it ages.

Same here. I don't have a "proper" cellar for beers, just my dark pantry, so I hope it has held up. I have a 2010 bottle of 120min IPA in there too that I'm planning to open in 2015 to see how it ages.

Top Bottom