• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Tunic

Nice haul, that Leviathan is a figurative and literal beast!

So jealous of your Marshal Zhukov. I missed it when it got stocked up here in Tallahassee. Also, the Humidor Series IPA is awesome.

The Leviathan was excellent, in fact all of the beers were excellent. I was extremely sad when they all disappeared. Cigar City definitely lived up to the hype for me. I am in absolute love with the Humidor Series IPA. I was blown away by the flavor and the aroma. I had to get a second bottle before we left Florida. I wish I could get it shipped here to Seattle.

codhand

The Leviathan was excellent, in fact all of the beers were excellent. I was extremely sad when they all disappeared. Cigar City definitely lived up to the hype for me. I am in absolute love with the Humidor Series IPA. I was blown away by the flavor and the aroma. I had to get a second bottle before we left Florida. I wish I could get it shipped here to Seattle.

dude you got georgetown brewery, that place rules.

aceface

Trying to choose between a growler of Southern Tier's Old Man and Harpoon's Winter Warmer for this weekend. Any thoughts BeerGaf?

Tunic

You can. There is an online beer retailer that will ship you Cigar City. I'm at work so I can't check at the moment.

dude you got georgetown brewery, that place rules.

What retailer is that? That would be awesome to get more Humidor Series IPA. I actually haven't made my way over to the actual Georgetown Brewery. However, I do enjoy Manny's and Lucille quite a bit. I should try out their other offerings.

Cr0wn0

What retailer is that? That would be awesome to get more Humidor Series IPA. I actually haven't made my way over to the actual Georgetown Brewery. However, I do enjoy Manny's and Lucille quite a bit. I should try out their other offerings.

I have ordered from letspour and I believe they have cigar city stuff. France44 beverages4less will ship also. Letspour is free shipping if you buy 6 bottles they pretty much just add a small surcharge onto each bottle. The others I would stock up on what you want to make the shipping charges go the furthest.

Day12Beer.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!

Bigfoot

So, Canadians (and Canadian Beer experts): What micro breweries are considered the best of Canada, but can be found pretty much anywhere in this country (so I guess I'm looking for the larger micros, and not nano breweries)?

My mainstay over the years has been Big Rock. They make great beer but I know they wouldn't be part of a "Canada's Best" list.

Since branching out, I've tried a lot of what St-Ambroise (Brasserie McAuslan) has to offer. Right now I would put them as my personal #1 brewery in Canada.

I've seen Muskoka and Unibroue mentioned a number of times in this thread, so I plan to start seeking them out. What do you consider the best?

On a related note, what is your favorite Canadian Macro Brewery? For me it has to be Rickards. I don't know if it is linked to Molson or Labatt’s in any way, but I really enjoy a number of the beers Rickards has to offer (White, Red, Cardigan, Blonde).

So, Canadians (and Canadian Beer experts): What micro breweries are considered the best of Canada, but can be found pretty much anywhere in this country (so I guess I'm looking for the larger micros, and not nano breweries)?

Howe Sound? Does that have national distribution? Also, like I said before, Driftwood and Central City/Red Racer.

Link

The Autumn Wind
A friend brought over some Anderson Valley Summer Solstice the other day. Good lord was it delicious. And then we discovered a secret message hidden in the cap. Turns out there's an entire story and each cap has a piece of it.

anderson-valley-summer-solstice-lg.jpg

Sounds like we need to do a beer trade.

Bigfoot

Also, like I said before, Driftwood and Central City/Red Racer.

Yep, haven't found them yet but I've only checked two small stores near my place so far. I'm still looking and there is a beer store near a friends place that stocks a wide variety of beers you wouldn't normally find, so I'm hoping they have one or both of these.

I've never seen Howe Sound either. Since you are from BC, is Granville Island any good? I've seen that a few times but never tried it.

Edit: Found this site: http://www.liquorconnect.com/Produc...ry:"Beer"&r=lcproductcountryoforigin="canada"

It gives you all the beer you can find in Alberta and tells you where you can find it (store or pub). Looks useful and will come in handy in the future. It looks like Driftwood ins't available in Alberta, but Red Racer is. However the closest place their IPA is available for me is a downtown pub. I might have to wait until I visit BC for Christmas to pick some up.

Yep, haven't found them yet but I've only checked two small stores near my place so far. I'm still looking and there is a beer store near a friends place that stocks a wide variety of beers you wouldn't normally find, so I'm hoping they have one or both of these.

I've never seen Howe Sound either. Since you are from BC, is Granville Island any good? I've seen that a few times but never tried it.

I'm actually from Seattle, but we get most BC beer and I go up there often enough to try the stuff we don't get. The standard Granville beers are pretty crap, but they've been doing a better job with their limited release bombers. I had a CDA of theirs over the Summer and was surprised.

Tunic

Thanksgiving time! I am interested in seeing if anyone has special beers for Thanksgiving dinner. I already have Victory Prima Pils to enjoy during the day for appetizers and watching football games. I also have a few bottles of Saison Dupont to open for Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanksgiving time! I am interested in seeing if anyone has special beers for Thanksgiving dinner. I already have Victory Prima Pils to enjoy during the day for appetizers and watching football games. I also have a few bottles of Saison Dupont to open for Thanksgiving dinner.

2010 Abyss, 2012 Big Time Old Sol Wheatwine and my last bottle of Abacus 2011.

Bigfoot

What I'm drinking the next few weeks (and have been drinking the last couple weeks):

As you can see I'm trying a wide variety of beers. Partly just to try new stuff and partly to see what I like before starting home brewing in the new year. I wasn't able to track down the IPAs distantmantra recommended but I did pick up the Wild Rose IPA which is rated pretty high and I now understand what lots of hops brings to a beer.

Anyone tried Sierra Nevada's new beer yet?
It's called "Narwhal" and it's their take on an RIS.

It's a big beer and black as motor oil, but I was surprised by how well hidden the 10-11% was hidden, and actually found myself wishing it was a bit more noticeable.

It was a little too sweet for my tastes but still a damn good beer.

Bigfoot

Docked a million points for the Canadian 67. With lime no less.

Ha ha. I said earlier in this thread I'm just finally expanding my beer purchases so I still don't mind the macro stuff (not a full beer snob yet). Also the main reason for Canadian 67 is so I have something for drinking after a workout without feeling guilty.

If anyone can recommend a good light (as in low calorie) alternative I'm all for trying it...

dubc35

Used to be one of my favorite beers in the winter. It's now just ok. It doesn't have much taste.

sc.jpg

e* Great Pumpkin Ale hiding below the SC, which is the best beer in the world.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
enjoying a few of these (not 2008...) and ufc tonight.

HarvestSOHEM2008-bottleLG.jpg

then bottling my latest homebrew tomorrow

Einstök

had this porter last week and it was delicious. Its brewed in Iceland with water that flows through glaciers...very refreshing. They sell it exclusively in the UK and in California. had a great roasted taste. I will highly recommend it it you live in these two places and a Bevmo is near...

bottle_toasted.png

Vikings!!!!

Cr0wn0

wxQoE.jpg

Easily my beer pickup of the year. OMG.

Totally worth the $40 I dropped on them.

Would love to try those! Flanders red's are becoming one of my favorite styles. I had a Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge the other day and I think I could drink that forever and not get sick of it.

rawd

My mainstay over the years has been Big Rock. They make great beer but I know they wouldn't be part of a "Canada's Best" list.

Since branching out, I've tried a lot of what St-Ambroise (Brasserie McAuslan) has to offer. Right now I would put them as my personal #1 brewery in Canada.

I've seen Muskoka and Unibroue mentioned a number of times in this thread, so I plan to start seeking them out. What do you consider the best?

On a related note, what is your favorite Canadian Macro Brewery? For me it has to be Rickards. I don't know if it is linked to Molson or Labatt’s in any way, but I really enjoy a number of the beers Rickards has to offer (White, Red, Cardigan, Blonde).

Mill Street, Amsterdam, NickelBrook, HopCity, Lake of Bays

Seth C

Hey guys. If you're anywhere around Lexington, KY you should come out next Wednesday the 28th to Country Boy Brewing. They make great beer anyway, but this is the re-release of the beer they brewed for my brother Aaron. It's an excessively hopped, dry hopped, randalled IPA. It's fantastic. Plus, proceeds go to aid the homeless in our community.

Facebook Event

I got my hands on a case of Mad Elf. Yay! I missed getting a case last year.

It's delicious, but I can't help but feel that this years batch suffers a bit compared to last year. Not quite as sweet/sour. Still delicious. Best seasonal in my opinion.

We are brothers. I also have a bottle of Saison du Pont for dinner :) It goes well with poultry.

fat pat

I liked it. It was a pretty good, real fresh and relatively light(for the abv) IPA. Easy to drink and real nicely balanced.

Is it something I'd buy again? probably not. For the price id rather have something a little more complex, or more bitter, or something different.

BUT, I really appreciate Stone and i like what theyre trying to do with this set of beers.

Top Bottom