• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

I've heard that the next release is going to be a full volume covering Skull Knight origins and the God Hand, how Skull Knight and Void where such good friends but they both fell in love with Slan.

Fan Fic, Believe

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Guts and Griffith unite through the power of friendship and defeat the god hand and all evil disappears forever and ever, the end.
I'm getting really tired of this attitude...every time somebody has something interesting to say about Berserk there are maybe a couple replies to the actual comment and about twice as many complaining about the thread bump. People should be used to waiting for the next issue by now and realize 99% of the time when there's a thread bump people just want to talk about Berserk. This thread wasn't made to exclusively announce new Berserk issues.
Guys I'm getting really tired of people getting really tired of people having this kind of attitude.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thanks Ratsky! Never heard of this site before, they're legit? They only have 28 of the 37 (is that right?) released volumes at the moment but I'm still dangerously close to pulling the trigger then getting the rest through Rightstuf with my "Got Anime" discount.

Yep, they're legit! Some of the volumes are harder to find on their site, but if you dig around through the "You Might Also Like" section, you might be able to find them.

Jarnet87

I've listened to some of the Skullcasts, is the general consensus that the Troll Arc sucked? I thought it was a cool arc seeing the team kick ass as a group. Now the Pirates/Sea God Arc, that was pretty bad IMO.

I've listened to some of the Skullcasts, is the general consensus that the Troll Arc sucked? I thought it was a cool arc seeing the team kick ass as a group. Now the Pirates/Sea God Arc, that was pretty bad IMO.

I liked the Troll Arc The boat stuff was where me, and apparently many others, decided to take a break. Or maybe it was a decision, but it just happened that way.

Astarte

What if Miura died and interns are being trained to draw in his style/figure out where the story is supposed to go?
Really though, I don't blame Miura for escapism in Idolmaster. He's apparently really lonely...

Ronin Ray

I have an honest question. I read a bunch of berserk a few years ago and I hit the end and I remember waiting for new issues but none came. Is this common for the series? I was at chapter or issue 332 and wanted to know has there been more? Sorry I have not stayed up on my berserk news.

I have an honest question. I read a bunch of berserk a few years ago and I hit the end and I remember waiting for new issues but none came. Is this common for the series? I was at chapter or issue 332 and wanted to know has there been more? Sorry I have not stayed up on my berserk news.

337 is the latest one, it has a nice "fuck yeah!" moment in it

Shouta

Guys I'm getting really tired of people getting really tired of people having this kind of attitude.

Stop.

Guys, I know you want a new Berserk chapter and Miura isn't delivering but you don't need to fill the thread up with posts complaining about not having it when someone posts other content related to Berserk. If Miura promises a chapter then doesn't deliver, then complain. But the thread isn't just for the manga, so knock off the overreactions when someone posts fanart or something.

Kinyou

What's so crazy is that the story doesn't even feel like it's coming to an end soon. Maybe we're just halfway there, lol

Fjordson

Thanks Ratsky! Never heard of this site before, they're legit? They only have 28 of the 37 (is that right?) released volumes at the moment but I'm still dangerously close to pulling the trigger then getting the rest through Rightstuf with my "Got Anime" discount.
IST is legit as they come. Great prices and packaging far superior to places like Amazon or Barnes & Noble. If I'm ever ordering an expensive hardcover comic or anything like that I make sure to get it from InStock.

Amazon also has all the volumes in stock. I'm going that route for the first two volumes (should be here tomorrow) only because I have Prime shipping and them being paperback means Amazon's shitty packaging can't really fuck them up.

Stop.

Guys, I know you want a new Berserk chapter and Miura isn't delivering but you don't need to fill the thread up with posts complaining about not having it when someone posts other content related to Berserk. If Miura promises a chapter then doesn't deliver, then complain. But the thread isn't just for the manga, so knock off the overreactions when someone posts fanart or something.

tumblr_nbcses8MzP1thikfbo10_500.gif

Thank you, I thought this would be a place to discuss the manga, characters interpretation of events, merchandise and all things Berserk but people came to complain if someone made a post here and if was not to announce a new manga chapter.

Let's discuss all things Berserk here and those who only want to be notified when a new chapter is out go somewhere else please.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I remember as a kid we had the Berserk game on dream cast and I had no clue what it was

Haha yep, I remember that game. I can't remember if I played that before or after I had watched the anime, but I still had no idea what was going on. Your base of knowledge has to come from the manga for that one.

I sorta want to watch those Golden Age movies they've been releasing recently. I've put it off for a couple years, now might be the time to dive in. I don't expect much, a couple nice fight scenes would be enough.

I'm still way behind you guys on the manga. I really don't have a desire to catch up given the release "schedule."

Speaking of, has anybody here played the PS2 Berserk game? I've heard it's actually pretty good. Didn't Miura write the story for it and everything?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've never complained about the thread getting bumped. The post you quoted was a quip about how complaints in the thread go both ways: complaining about it getting bumped and complaining about people complaining are essentially of equal (zero) value. As this is the OT I can agree it should be about content related to Berserk and people complaining in any context is pretty worthless. Thanks for the clarification.

Shouta

I've never complained about the thread getting bumped. The post you quoted was a quip about how complaints in the thread go both ways: complaining about it getting bumped and complaining about people complaining are essentially of equal (zero) value. As this is the OT I can agree it should be about content related to Berserk and people complaining in any context is pretty worthless. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I know you didn't. That's why I started my comment as a new paragraph, lol.

So much bumping without any new information about the next chapter release :( Might re-read Berserk now..but the pain will still be there in the end..

Speaking of, has anybody here played the PS2 Berserk game? I've heard it's actually pretty good. Didn't Miura write the story for it and everything?

I got it. Overall, the game is all right. The basic hack and slash is amazing as there is a lot of care put into the animations of Guts swinging around. You could really feel the weight of the sword as he pivots after every slice. Then when he gets the Berserk Armor the gameplay goes up to 11 and you have a hell of a time. Boss fights are great as well with some pretty cool looking QTE-style special attacks. Basic level design is a bit dull though. Fairly wide open arenas you gotta run through and hack stuff up.

I am not sure if Miura did the story for the PS2 game (I know he did the DC one), but it is nothing too special. It is the events RIGHT after Mogus up until the first big fight with the Berserk armor. There is an original apostle thrown in there that messes with Guts and his crew, but it isn't too special.

The story flows a lot better (for a game) than the DC game. Cutscenes don't last nearly as long.

RiverBed

Banned
Quick rant:

I just HATE it when the primary lure of a story is completely ignored. Gatsu wants to fight the five finger gods and after all these years of the manga and anime he fights absolutely NO ONE. And he wanted to kill Griffith, yet I see the psycho just chilling in a garden the last few chapters. Why doesn't Gatsu just dash straight for him the second he see's him? He's done that for lesser foes.

And having one or two 18-page issues a year doesn't help. I just ignore the thing till it 'suddenly' pops up somewhere (like it did here) to read something new.

*sings Let It Go in head*

Tizoc

Quick rant:

I just HATE it when the primary lure of a story is completely ignored. Gatsu wants to fight the five finger gods and after all these years of the manga and anime he fights absolutely NO ONE. And he wanted to kill Griffith, yet I see the psycho just chilling in a garden the last few chapters. Why doesn't Gatsu just dash straight for him the second he see's him? He's done that for lesser foes.

And having one or two 18-page issues a year doesn't help. I just ignore the thing till it 'suddenly' pops up somewhere (like it did here) to read something new.

*sings Let It Go in head*

I doubt Miura wanted the series to drag on for so long, despite the end goal, there were stuff that Miura wanted to write about and have Guts (and co.) interact with. This is a fantasy manga after all and being able to express and worldbuild one's own story is something not every author manages to do.

Take into consideration build up; should Miura finally be locked up to finish his series then surely Guts confrontation with the God Hand will be the most badass battle ever, unless Miura pulls a fuck you or some shit :p

Until then I just want Guts to get off the fucking boat already.

Fjordson

Enjoying the first volume, but what am I missing by not being able to understand the Japanese characters l? Are they just sound effects?

There's one in particular that's showing up a decent amount. It's sort of a cross, but with an extra fifth point sticking out.

Meffer

Enjoying the first volume, but what am I missing by not being able to understand the Japanese characters l? Are they just sound effects?

There's one in particular that's showing up a decent amount. It's sort of a cross, but with an extra fifth point sticking out.

Just imagine what you think it is concerning the mood or situation.

Wanderer5

Fuuuuuuck.

I got here thinking that there was a new chapter up.

Don't do that :c

I honestly just unfaze at this point lol. Pretty much gave up for the most part, I doubt I would be excited for a new chapter now unless they going to come in more frequently again. Shame that the manga is in this state.:(

Fuuuuuuck.

I got here thinking that there was a new chapter up.

Don't do that :c

Why don't you get your news on something like the skullknight forums where they actually have threads specifically for recent/new releases. That way we don't have to halt all discussion in this thread just because some people can't control their excitement or disappointment.

I started watching tv Berserk. I started with the dub, but switched to subtitled which sounds better to me. Although, I'm not sure what the consensus is on the dub vs sub.

I've mentioned a few times that I'd like to read the series, but Dark Horses prices per books makes the investment seem daunting considering we have at least thirty volumes now. I guess I'll have to check a few retailers and compare prices.

I started watching tv Berserk. I started with the dub, but switched to subtitled which sounds better to me. Although, I'm not sure what the consensus is on the dub vs sub.

I've mentioned a few times that I'd like to read the series, but Dark Horses prices per books makes the investment seem daunting considering we have at least thirty volumes now. Is it possible to pick up the manga where the anime ends without missing much, or is the tv adaption different enough that I should start from volume one?

Definitely start at volume one. I like the anime, but it does skip quite a few important things.

Oh. I didnt know we have OT for Berserk

Are they still on the boat?

Im a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong term Berserk reader. Was there from the start. Dropped it when.... uh... let me try to remember.... just after Guts killed that Octopus enemy thing.

I just couldnt do it anymore after that. But will try to catch up if they've finally reached Elfheim.

Definitely start at volume one. I like the anime, but it does skip quite a few important things.

The thing that sucks is that I bought volume one many years ago, and it didn't really appeal to me at the time, so I sold it.

I also, for some reason, thought the anime was only thirteen episodes, but it's actually twenty-five. I bought DVDs 1&2 thinking I had almost the entire set, but I still need four volumes. :/

Top Bottom