• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Indeed. It wasn't bad (nothing in Berserk is bad) but it just wasn't all that interesting. I mean it was necessary since you kinda knew it was coming that Farnese was going to be reunited with her family in Vritannis and it showed how she truly belonged with Guts and his crew, but at the same time it just felt like the story came to a screeching halt. I mean people complain about the boat section lacking story progress, but I thought that part was worse.

I will admit the pirates were pretty annoying, specifically Captain Bonebeard. I just wanted him to die every time he would come back. Isma on the other hand is definitely a great new character. I really love seeing her interact with Isidro, it's cute and it brings out the better side of him too. They have great chemistry going on!
I actually liked all of the inner workings of Farnese's family stuff. It helped flesh out her character a lot in my opinion so that portion really didn't bother me at all. Sometimes a story needs to take a breather and focus on certain things before it goes back to the monster slaying so I actually appreciated that part. Bonebeard was annoying I'll admit, but for the most part the Sea God stuff was good. I do like Isma a lot and she does bring out the best in Isidro, he's leveled up so much since he was first introduced. They're probably like the cast of Final Fantasy IV or something.

So I'm currently re-reading volume 34 and it's insane just how epic it is. What a massive turning point! And that art, what exactly was Miura on when doing this volume?! Everything in it looks so consistently jaw dropping! I actually think that volume 34 might be the best volume so far. Now, if you'll excuse me while I go and cry in a corner since I have no new chapters to read.

They still using that ghastly cg?

More neogaf exclusive images of the new anime

tumblr_n9jvn65dEY1tysz53o1_500.gif

tumblr_n7yu6fFNMQ1tysz53o1_400.gif

tumblr_n9x92avD1p1tysz53o1_500.gif

LaneDS

How much was Skull Knight in the DC game? It's been forever since I played it.

I remember playing the game first, having no idea what it was, watching the anime, then reading the manga. Puck voiced by Cam Clarke (GATSU), that's about all I remember.

I remember playing the game first, having no idea what it was, watching the anime, then reading the manga. Puck voiced by Cam Clarke (GATSU), that's about all I remember.

He only appears at the end. Small cut scene with him swallowing a behelit.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I really hope the series is good. I'll even take CG as long as its done well, and it can be done well but a lot of studios never seem to go that extra mile to smooth things out and make it less robotic and awkward.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Susumu H. is doing the soundtrack or most of it (with forces god hand mix pls), that way it'll at least sooth the CGI crap, but only if he is doing it. The soundtrack of the movies were forgettable and kinda generic.

I should start re-reading the manga again, it's been quite some time now since I read it the last time.

LaneDS

I will never not be bitter about the PS2 game never getting an official localization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdpqV7RPnTE posting the opening because it's still so damn good.

Edit: rewatching that got me thinking that maybe this TV show (or whatever it ends up being) might get us a PS4 game that I can get mad over it not getting localized.

Everything except the music, Hirasawa Susumu should forever do Berserk music when possible.
They can collaborate. Bloodborne has some of the most metal orchestra music I've heard in a while. They can do the boss music, don't make me post Ludwig's theme in here.

LaneDS

Hey I love the soundtracks Sakuraba does, but if it's him or Hirasawa for Berserk music I'd want Hirasawa every time.

Miura created Berserk listening to Hirasawa's work and to me there's no sound more fitting than what he's created for it.

Only in the post credits scene to eat the Baron's behelit. It was blueberry flavored. He liked it.

It seems the new anime project will be a tv show

http://berserk-anime.com/news/index00060000.html

Starting in the summer.

MKU9uAF.jpg

So it's going to be episodic? That's really surprising. I was almost certain it was going to be another movie trilogy. This is good news, the manga needs as much room to breathe as possible, so doing it this way is so much more promising. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the content that was cut from the original series. That is if they even bother to acknowledge it. Anyway, consider me slightly more hyped now!

MKU9uAF.jpg

So it's going to be episodic? That's really surprising. I was almost certain it was going to be another movie trilogy. This is good news, the manga needs as much room to breathe as possible, so doing it this way is so much more promising. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the content that was cut from the original series. That is if they even bother to acknowledge it. Anyway, consider me slightly more hyped now!

If they want some slight continuity, they should definitely address Skullknight entrance in the Eclipse and start from there. It works both as a "recap" from the last part of the movies and a continuation of the tv series. It allows then to go back to the Black Swordsman arc and just continue from there. And ending with Griffith rebirth which would be the natural contrast with the ending of the first tv series.

If they want some slight continuity, they should definitely address Skullknight entrance in the Eclipse and start from there. It works both as a "recap" from the last part of the movies and a continuation of the tv series. It allows then to go back to the Black Swordsman arc and just continue from there. And ending with Griffith rebirth which would be the natural contrast with the ending of the first tv series.

pVPKzEs.jpg

Did that great "wind" at the end of the Falconia chapter touch everyone allowing them to see elements of the astral plane, or was it a force so great that it dissolved the barrier between both worlds?

Did that great "wind" at the end of the Falconia chapter touch everyone allowing them to see elements of the astral plane, or was it a force so great that it dissolved the barrier between both worlds?
I think the barrier got dissolved, cause after that a lot of big weird shit starts popping up.

Is there more Falconia stuff in volume 38? Because I'm up to 36 and getting kind of bored with the sea monster fights.

Like Moonkid just said, yes, there is more Falconia stuff in volume 38. In fact, almost all of volume 38 is focused on it. The introduction to Falconia is one of the highlights of the whole story so far for me. The art is just stunning. Seeing how amazing it looks was definitely worth the wait. You've got some really good stuff coming up!

Top Bottom