• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

tumblr_o5i3sl5mBq1usbm53o1_1280.jpg

Just finished the (manga) golden arc.
What squad? Griffith cleaned house.

Kevin

So excited for this project. I never thought I would see more Berserk.

Any idea when the original tv series is coming to Blu-Ray in the US?

Kevin

Were the rights to it bought by someone? Because I don't think anime works is around/has it now.

I read somewhere that the 2012 Blu-Ray release seen in other countries was coming to North America this year. Even had a price attached. That being said so far I haven't heard anything more.

EDIT: Looks like it wasn't announced for the US. Damn. Wonder why this show has more or less disappeared from the US? I own the DVDs but really wanted this on Blu-Ray. Any region free Blu-Ray sets out there for this?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
What do you fellows think of Ch. 83? The one that isn't collected.

It was mostly cut because of the major events it implied were coming up but have already come to pass. Honestly I see why it was cut but I think they could add it back in at this point and it wouldn't really be a big deal. I wonder more if the idea of evil is still something Miura is still going to use in the Berserk story or if its been dropped. Then again we still don't really know what's going on with the God Hand or the merging of the worlds.

Tizoc

Rereading the manga during work
Always said i wanted to reread it amd i finally got around to it
I find guts' edgy loner persona rather funny nowadays

HStallion

Rereading the manga during work
Always said i wanted to reread it amd i finally got around to it
I find guts' edgy loner persona rather funny nowadays

I mean the guy has some pretty powerful reasons for the way he acts, he isn't a loner or "edgy" for no good reason.

HStallion

The dude probably relives the Eclipse every time he goes to sleep for the brief moments he's even able to sleep.

Hell even before the Eclipse, even before he met Griffith, his life was horribly screwed up and in the process screwed him up as well. We all know why Guts doesn't like being touched for example.

Tizoc

I mean the guy has some pretty powerful reasons for the way he acts, he isn't a loner or "edgy" for no good reason.

True true, but I can't help but find it funny. The Golden Age arc though.
So frikkin' good
Just reached the volume wherein the Eclipse occurs though....

Hell even before the Eclipse, even before he met Griffith, his life was horribly screwed up and in the process screwed him up as well. We all know why Guts doesn't like being touched for example.
You technically know the true extent of how fucked up Guts is if you've read the manga. Guts has legit sexual issues. I think people don't bring up Guts choking Caska out while having sex with her.

What do you fellows think of Ch. 83? The one that isn't collected.
I thought it was cool that those who become apostles choose the form they take. I thought it might have been based on some trait of the user. Of course, that begs the question of why that one guy became a snail with legs. Or the giant flying jellyfish, but that's actually terrifying so that makes more sense.

I thought it was cool that those who become apostles choose the form they take. I thought it might have been based on some trait of the user. Of course, that begs the question of why that one guy became a snail with legs. Or the giant flying jellyfish, but that's actually terrifying so that makes more sense.

Still feels like a big "maybe" to me. Especially since the only detailed case in which we've seen a person going from human to apostle was Griffith, and he was gifted with the Egg of the King behelit.

Dunno if garden variety behelit holders get that same privilege; and I wouldn't expect someone like the Slug Count (who just wanted to punish his wife) would care about a lofty form without the ambition to match.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I need to get to reading this again. I stopped when Griffith founded his own city or something? It felt like a lot of nothing was happening.

Still feels like a big "maybe" to me. Especially since the only detailed case in which we've seen a person going from human to apostle was Griffith, and he was gifted with the Egg of the King behelit.

Dunno if garden variety behelit holders get that same privilege; and I wouldn't expect someone like the Slug Count (who just wanted to punish his wife) would care about a lofty form without the ambition to match.
Didn't the slug king subconsciously feel like shit over his actions any way? So wouldn't that also have an effect on the form he takes?

Tizoc

Remind me what an apostle is exactly? One transformed by the god hand and lives in the mortal wrld right?
Based on that is femto in the mortal world now?

Btw u know that track that plays in 2001 whenever the monolith is on screen? Thats the music ghat plays in my head whenever a behilt is on acreen or summons the eclipse :v

Tacitus_

Remind me what an apostle is exactly? One transformed by the god hand and lives in the mortal wrld right?
Based on that is femto in the mortal world now?

Btw u know that track that plays in 2001 whenever the monolith is on screen? Thats the music ghat plays in my head whenever a behilt is on acreen or summons the eclipse :v

Apostles have sold their humanity for power. And yes, Femto was reborn to the mortal world in during the Tower of Conviction arc. Though he broke the barriers between the mortal and spirit realms after the war with Emperor Ganishka.

Tizoc

Ah that would explain some stuff
See this what happens when there are big breaks in the story @.@

Anyway the demon guts kills in the first manga chapter is the same one that kills corkus/whatshisface

Tizoc

So this will sound weird but bear with me.
I know I wrote that Guts' edgy loner persona was rather funny early on, but once you read through his time Griffith and co. and then the Eclipse, I find that I'm really liking his bloodthursty nature more.

Context can really add to a narrative.

Anyways, just finished the Butterfly Girl arc and onto Isidro making his debut and making this manga greater than ever.

HStallion

I don't think most apostles transformations mean anything at all because most likely the person before becoming an apostle probably wasn't about much either. Oh they may have been a soldier who served his lord or a farmer that believed in hard work and so on and so forth but I think the apostles forms are a reflection of the person they were before the sacrifice. A lot of people ain't about shit and don't believe in much and just get by day to day so I assume their apostle form would be just as interesting and consistent.

Then you have apostles with such specific form like Roshine but the whole idea fairies seemed such a big part of her life that it was what she became after her transformation. It was more speculative for the slug count but he asks for a body that will not feel the pain and wounds that the world, or his wife to be specific, would inflict upon him. Thus he gets a form that is nigh unkillable to most anyone but Guts.

I'm think much the same for characters like Grunbeld and Irvine who have very specific forms and transformations that tie into who they are even down to what weapons and armor they're using.

The channel it's airing on, WOWOW, apparently doesn't really give a fuck.
Not worried about them having to restrain themselves in terms of gore or adult themes.

There's so much more to worry about.

Tizoc

july 1st can't get here soon enough.
Gonna have my broher watch the Berserk movies to get ready.

I will say though, it feels like Japan's still got a long way to go with CGI in anime =_=

Tizoc

Reading vol 3 which is griffith vs ganishka
This is godlike
Miura going all out with his monster designs
And griffith winning people over

I honestly cant predict what guts and griffith's encounter will be like esp now that griffith doesnt give a damn about guts

Like u want to hate griffith but he IS doing the nation some actual good and he commands the demons
I think the biggest mystery here is what the other 4 of the god hqnd gret from this...

Tizoc

Gonna get a ltto thread made up when i get back home
This manga is the goat time, and not just personally

Say what you will about miura's delays but he can wrtie and draw a brilliant masterpiece
Also griffith is one majestic sexy fabulous alluring mangod

Top Bottom