• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Tizoc

Someone explain to me which is the proper term; Hawk or Falcon? Cuz I'm reading the chapter where Rickert slaps Griffith and the final pages got me a little confused.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Someone explain to me which is the proper term; Hawk or Falcon? Cuz I'm reading the chapter where Rickert slaps Griffith and the final pages got me a little confused.

Its Falcon, the Hawk thing comes from bad fan translations that became the first or only way some people were introduced to the series and from their it proliferated.

The proper name is Falcon. Band of the Falcon and Falconia.

Band of the Hawk was used in fan translations for DECADES so I don't expect it to ever go away. Hell when I typed Band of the Falcon up above I typed of the Hawk first. Also, Hawkonia? Doesn't sound as good as Falconia. Hawk and Falcon are written the same way, or something. Reportedly Miura specifically mentions it is a reference to the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars in an interview but I've never seen any factual evidence. Of course I highly doubt he didn't know what he was doing when he called an arc the Millennium Falcon Arc.

Erigu

Its Falcon, the Hawk thing comes from bad fan translations that became the first or only way some people were introduced to the series and from their it proliferated.
Not just bad fan translations. The English term "Hawk Soldiers" was frequently used by official Japanese material as well.

Gonna get a ltto thread made up when i get back home
This manga is the goat time, and not just personally

Say what you will about miura's delays but he can wrtie and draw a brilliant masterpiece
Also griffith is one majestic sexy fabulous alluring mangod

my man \o/

HStallion

Not just bad fan translations. The English term "Hawk Soldiers" was frequently used by official Japanese material as well.

Haha I didn't know that. I just remember certain ardent Berserk fansites doing some atrocious fan subs and then other even worse fansubs were based off those and people just ran wild. Its why you still see people calling Guts by names like Gatts.

Jarnet87

Does anyone remember what chapter or volume where its shows a shot of Guts new company and he thinks back to the band of the falcon/hawk. I think it was around the Troll Arc but can't remember.

I honestly cant predict what guts and griffith's encounter will be like esp now that griffith doesnt give a damn about guts
I'm not so sure, because even though he said he felt nothing, when he left I believe he noticed his heart beating harder (I read volume 21 last year). That could possibly be the result of Griffith using Gut's son's body to be reborn in the physical world, and it was lingering emotions, but who knows?

The proper name is Falcon. Band of the Falcon and Falconia.

Band of the Hawk was used in fan translations for DECADES so I don't expect it to ever go away. Hell when I typed Band of the Falcon up above I typed of the Hawk first. Also, Hawkonia? Doesn't sound as good as Falconia. Hawk and Falcon are written the same way, or something. Reportedly Miura specifically mentions it is a reference to the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars in an interview but I've never seen any factual evidence. Of course I highly doubt he didn't know what he was doing when he called an arc the Millennium Falcon Arc.

Puck has been Yoda at least three times too.

Syder

I started my venture into the Berserk universe with the Anime, where 'Band of the Hawk' is used. My mind knows it's Falcon but Hawk kinda rolls off the tongue.

Tizoc

Woah thanks for clearing it up.
Wonder how Crunchyroll will handle it though.

OK guys I checked and it seems no one signed up for the Berserk anime OT.
May I make it? Unless someone already got some stuff written up :X

The boat journey actually starts in the end of the arc that is going to be animated (actually it's already the new Millenium one). Not the most adequate. I dont know why but people love to talk about the horse rape. Might be too much for a title though.

Just put Farnese in the OP. We all need a little bit of Farnese.

HStallion

The boat journey actually starts in the end of the arc that is going to be animated (actually it's already the new Millenium one). Not the most adequate. I dont know why but people love to talk about the horse rape. Might be too much for a title though.

Just put Farnese in the OP. We all need a little bit of Farnese.

Have they actually said what parts the series covers because I was never sure. I figured we get through the Conviction arc and maybe end on the Hill of Swords as a good final stopping point for the series but does it go further than that or stop before?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Berserk Anime |OT| The Black Swordsman

It's not funny or witty, but it's straight and to the point, and lets the reader know we're past the "young Guts" storyline

HStallion

I'm interested to see how some of the fights turn out in animated form. The battle with Roshine had so many crazy good moments and her apostle form was great. I was even wondering if they might adapt the Slug Count storyline at the start since it technically takes place during the Black Swordsman timeline even if happens at the beginning of the manga.

Moonkid

Berserk Anime |OT| The real Dark Souls starts here

But seriously though, a simple subtitle for the OT is probably the best way to go such as "The Black Swordsman".

Have they actually said what parts the series covers because I was never sure. I figured we get through the Conviction arc and maybe end on the Hill of Swords as a good final stopping point for the series but does it go further than that or stop before?

No. Just my guessing.

I was thinking that Guts seeing Griffith in the morning light would be a good ending, unless they wanted to follow the real end of the chapter with Skull Knight's dialogue.

Syder

Berserk Anime |OT| The Black Swordsman
in b4
tumblr_m7xnzveKXn1qjja0no1_500.jpg

I've seen SAO. Kirito is the worse black swordsman by far. I mean, the ladies kind of gravitate towards both of them, but Guts earned that.
And Guts only wants one lady, and the others seem to find someone else unless you're Schierke. Farnese used to dig him, but she seems fine enough with Roddrick. Kirito looks like he's using a toothpick compared to Guts. Where's your Dragon Bone Smasher Kirito?

HStallion

Oh snap! Right at the start of Summer. Who do I have to Sacrifice to get more than a half dozen chapters this time. Come on Miura give us a couple volumes worth though its foolish to hope for that lol

Oh snap! Right at the start of Summer. Who do I have to Sacrifice to get more than a half dozen chapters this time. Come on Miura give us a couple volumes worth though its foolish to hope for that lol
He'll probably release two chapters and then go on hiatus for another year and a half.

HStallion

Was over at the Skullknight forums and they said that along with a new chapter that the next release all comes out with the very first chapter of the manga. There also is apparently a hundred pages of Berserk stuff.

HStallion

Well anyone have anyone want to venture a guess to what we'll see in the new release? I feel the Wickerman is done after Guts gave it the point blank cannon blast to the crotch and the witches hiding in the background will show their faces and confront Guts and crew directly. From there I see Schierke stepping in to try and stop things but not sure how that will play out though I'm thinking maybe mentioning Flora might calm things down... or not.

Top Bottom