• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm well aware of those details, I just don't find them compelling because I don't feel like they are handled in any sort of consistent way. There don't seem to be any clear guidelines to the reader about when there is any sort of consequence to using it, and It only seems to cause Guts problems when it is convenient to the story (which has been barely ever so far). Because the reader doesn't know the rules, it can be used as a deus ex machina whenever Miura needs it.

Well then you don't seem to understand details or connect them together. We've been informed from multiple sources what the Berserk Armor will do to someone both a knowledgeable magic user in Flora and a one time wearer in the Skull Knight, both their warnings are dire despite the power the armor imbues. We've seen that direct effect on Guts both physically and spiritually and Flora had to mute the Armor's pull on its user with that extra magical seal because its so dangerous to its user when unrestrained. Its basically meant to be suicide armor and not to be used over and over by the same user over an extended period of time.

We've seen what its doing to Guts, how it damn near kills him to keep him fighting or do you not remember the spikes grown by the armor that pierce a limb and crudely and painfully put it back together so the user can keep fighting away, not that they feel any of this pain or really feel anything but a torrential flow of the most negative and dangerous emotions and feelings. Its like getting sucked away by the undertow of a huge wave, there is nothing you can do and it should drown you, except you know its your soul. Then there is the nerve damage, the fact he's literally losing feeling in his body or the fact that he's sometimes barely able to walk because the armor plus the wounds from Slann are literally destroying him physically and spiritually.

It needs someone like Schierke to keep him from tearing his friends apart as well as from consuming him entirely and worse yet he has to literally make a deal with his own personal devil and work "hand in hand" with the Beast to make sure he can use the armor without it killing him or searing his very soul away completely. He has to rely on the most horribly, negative and disgusting part of himself to avoid the most horribly, negative and disgusting part of his mind consumes him as its unleashed by the armor.

Then there is the fact that you're also neglecting that Guts, even in Berserk armor mode, is still using trickery, applying his many weapons, and just being clever. The very fight with Grunbeld he disabled his shield by using his cannon arm and catching Grunbeld by surprise. Or the fact him and his worst enemy had to work together to defeat Ganishka in Vritrannis, or that he nearly drowned in the battle with Daiba, and so on and so forth. He gets out of many of these fights by being both insanely skilled, experienced and out right crazy. The armor just allows him to fully utilize this while also damn near ending him in of itself.

The armor is insane but Guts is now taking on things like the Seagod. Him and a small group of people, skilled ones but none the less mortal beings, killed a god. Guts has to eventually take on the God Hand and he has to have the ability to actually hurt him. Which means you neglect what is really Guts' true trump card, the Dragon Slayer. Its literally becoming an anathema to astral beings and cuts through them with far more force than just a huge hunk of iron shaped into a parody of a sword ever could, even swung by a beast like Guts. It wasn't the Berserk armor that took out Ganishka or the Sea God and so forth, it was the Dragon Slayer.

Guts need to be upgraded again soon, he is no match for top tier Apostles right now, there have to be a better Armor for him out there too, Skull Knight upgraded to what he is wearing right now so I hope Skully hooks him up with some legendary top tier gear soon.

Isn't Skull Knight like a reformed zombie apostle or some shit? I highly doubt he's either alive or human so I just assumed he got a posthumous upgrade.

HStallion

Guts need to be upgraded again soon, he is no match for top tier Apostles right now, there have to be a better Armor for him out there too, Skull Knight upgraded to what he is wearing right now so I hope Skully hooks him up with some legendary top tier gear soon.

What apostles couldn't Guts take down at this point? Dude killed a God before getting to Elfhelm and with the Dragon Slayer and Berserk armor he was able to hurt Ganishka in his fog form which no one else was able to do.

Isn't Skull Knight like a reformed zombie apostle or some shit? I highly doubt he's either alive or human so I just assumed he got a posthumous upgrade.

We still have very little background on the SK except that he used to wear the Berserker armor at one point and that he was close to Flora. We aren't even sure if there is really a grudge between him and Void in particular of if he hates all the God hand the same.

We still have very little background on the SK except that he used to wear the Berserker armor at one point and that he was close to Flora. We aren't even sure if there is really a grudge between him and Void in particular of if he hates all the God hand the same.
I honestly just assumed the dude was dead cause he used to wear the Berserker armor. That thing really doesn't let you just take it off.

HStallion

I honestly just assumed the dude was dead cause he used to wear the Berserker armor. That thing really doesn't let you just take it off.

Some theories link the SK's hollow condition with the fact that he wore the Berserker Armor. Of course how that came to pass is unknown but we do know he used to wear it at one point.

We don't even know if he is really Gaseric or related to him. Mostly because Gaseric's kingdom disappeared a thousand years before the current story takes place and "5 angels" destroyed his city which doesn't make sense since there shouldn't have been 5 God Hand members back then, if any.

Some theories link the SK's hollow condition with the fact that he wore the Berserker Armor. Of course how that came to pass is unknown but we do know he used to wear it at one point.

We don't even know if he is really Gaseric or related to him. Mostly because Gaseric's kingdom disappeared a thousand years before the current story takes place and "5 angels" destroyed his city which doesn't make sense since there shouldn't have been 5 God Hand members back then, if any.
Maybe there were five different God Hand members at that time? I kind of just assumed SK was the last person to wear the armor since when Guts got it the helmet had the look of SK's current head, unless it just does that to everybody.

HStallion

Maybe there were five different God Hand members at that time? I kind of just assumed SK was the last person to wear the armor since when Guts got it the helmet had the look of SK's current head, unless it just does that to everybody.

Well that's the interesting part. We have no clue what happened in the past except for rumors and myth since as far as we know there shouldn't have been 5 God Hand members. As to what happened if there more that's even more confusing and mysterious.

Well that's the interesting part. We have no clue what happened in the past except for rumors and myth since as far as we know there shouldn't have been 5 God Hand members. As to what happened if there more that's even more confusing and mysterious.
Yeah that's weird. You can theorize a lot just based on that. Maybe one of them dyed.

Josue

I'm pretty sure whoever was telling the story that mentioned the 5 Gods, got corrected by Rickert or the princess saying it was actually 4 Gods.

Then they say, "Oh yeah!" (Probably just foreshadowing Femto)

So that backstory on SK could be true

I'm pretty sure whoever was telling the story that mentioned the 5 Gods, got corrected by Rickert or the princess saying it was actually 4 Gods.

Yeah, that part's in volume 10 when they're in the underground dungeon. Judeau's elaborating on the story Charlotte started and speaks of the "five angels". Then Charlotte (I think? The frame's tiny) responds in with "Weren't there four of them?"

tokkun

Well then you don't seem to understand details or connect them together. We've been informed from multiple sources what the Berserk Armor will do to someone both a knowledgeable magic user in Flora and a one time wearer in the Skull Knight, both their warnings are dire despite the power the armor imbues. We've seen that direct effect on Guts both physically and spiritually and Flora had to mute the Armor's pull on its user with that extra magical seal because its so dangerous to its user when unrestrained. Its basically meant to be suicide armor and not to be used over and over by the same user over an extended period of time.

We've seen what its doing to Guts, how it damn near kills him to keep him fighting or do you not remember the spikes grown by the armor that pierce a limb and crudely and painfully put it back together so the user can keep fighting away, not that they feel any of this pain or really feel anything but a torrential flow of the most negative and dangerous emotions and feelings. Its like getting sucked away by the undertow of a huge wave, there is nothing you can do and it should drown you, except you know its your soul. Then there is the nerve damage, the fact he's literally losing feeling in his body or the fact that he's sometimes barely able to walk because the armor plus the wounds from Slann are literally destroying him physically and spiritually.

It needs someone like Schierke to keep him from tearing his friends apart as well as from consuming him entirely and worse yet he has to literally make a deal with his own personal devil and work "hand in hand" with the Beast to make sure he can use the armor without it killing him or searing his very soul away completely. He has to rely on the most horribly, negative and disgusting part of himself to avoid the most horribly, negative and disgusting part of his mind consumes him as its unleashed by the armor.

Then there is the fact that you're also neglecting that Guts, even in Berserk armor mode, is still using trickery, applying his many weapons, and just being clever. The very fight with Grunbeld he disabled his shield by using his cannon arm and catching Grunbeld by surprise. Or the fact him and his worst enemy had to work together to defeat Ganishka in Vritrannis, or that he nearly drowned in the battle with Daiba, and so on and so forth. He gets out of many of these fights by being both insanely skilled, experienced and out right crazy. The armor just allows him to fully utilize this while also damn near ending him in of itself.

The armor is insane but Guts is now taking on things like the Seagod. Him and a small group of people, skilled ones but none the less mortal beings, killed a god. Guts has to eventually take on the God Hand and he has to have the ability to actually hurt him. Which means you neglect what is really Guts' true trump card, the Dragon Slayer. Its literally becoming an anathema to astral beings and cuts through them with far more force than just a huge hunk of iron shaped into a parody of a sword ever could, even swung by a beast like Guts. It wasn't the Berserk armor that took out Ganishka or the Sea God and so forth, it was the Dragon Slayer.

That doesn't address my criticism. We know the armor can theoretically have consequences, but we don't know the rules of them. We are told that it is dangerous for him to over-exert himself in the armor, but are given no way of knowing what would cause permanent injury or death. Because of this, the author gets to make it up on the spot to fit whatever is convenient in the story. If he can use it to fight god-like enemies, than it doesn't seem like much of a limit.

I also feel like it is out of place in a story that centers so much about people making terrible sacrifices to gain power that Guts can gain so much with the armor and yet is able to defer most of the cost through magic or willpower. Maybe its building up to the point where he actually goes on a rampage and kills most of his companions, but until then it seems cheap.

HStallion

That doesn't address my criticism. We know the armor can theoretically have consequences, but we don't know the rules of them. We are told that it is dangerous for him to over-exert himself in the armor, but are given no way of knowing what would cause permanent injury or death. Because of this, the author gets to make it up on the spot to fit whatever is convenient in the story. If he can use it to fight god-like enemies, than it doesn't seem like much of a limit.

I also feel like it is out of place in a story that centers so much about people making terrible sacrifices to gain power that Guts can gain so much with the armor and yet is able to defer most of the cost through magic or willpower. Maybe its building up to the point where he actually goes on a rampage and kills most of his companions, but until then it seems cheap.

Well then we'll agree to disagree because we've seen very well many examples of how the Armor could kill him and how it very nearly did or do you now remember bloody literally leaking from the seams of it during a couple of his battles. We've literally been instructed by others who have experience with it about what it can do, what it will do and why it shouldn't be worn, let alone long term. Its not what I'd call cheap, the rules around it are not loose or subject to change at random, so I'm not sure what else to tell you when the guy is taking on beings that would have just stepped on him in the past.

As the scale increases larger and larger so does the response from Guts and crew. The story isn't about "making sacrifices" anymore and hasn't been for a long long time. Its evolved into a much different thing over the decades and if you don't like or what not, that's cool but don't say it doesn't fit into a story where we have a little girl witch, a guy who can fly around and has a sword that can cut with the wind, a kid with a fire dagger, and so on and so forth. Its very much in tune with the story which has become more high/classic fantasy as the series goes on.

Hasn't been stated since before Guts even put the damn thing on that the Berserker armor uses the body of it wearer as an engine? Once you run out of blood/fuel, it stops working...thus killing you.

HStallion

So that backstory on SK could be true

Yeah, that part's in volume 10 when they're in the underground dungeon. Judeau's elaborating on the story Charlotte started and speaks of the "five angels". Then Charlotte (I think? The frame's tiny) responds in with "Weren't there four of them?"

Well even 4 Angels shouldn't really make sense as every 216 years a new God Hand should be born so a thousand years in the past there should have been 1 or none at all going by the way the rules as far as we know them work. Who knows though, some have argued that maybe there isn't just one set of God Hand or that the current ones weren't the originals for whatever reason. We just don't know enough and for all we know Miura might have just ignored that line.

Well even 4 Angels shouldn't really make sense as every 216 years a new God Hand should be born so a thousand years in the past there should have been 1 or none at all going by the way the rules as far as we know them work. Who knows though, some have argued that maybe there isn't just one set of God Hand or that the current ones weren't the originals for whatever reason. We just don't know enough and for all we know Miura might have just ignored that line.
Would be interesting to see another set of Godhand as long as they're not lazily designed.

HStallion

Would be interesting to see another set of Godhand as long as they're not lazily designed.

This is why I'm hoping we finally get some concrete info on what the fuck is going on in the world and some background on entities like the God Hand or Skull Knight. If anything I'm expecting to see the Skull Knight on Elfhelm.

Kyonashi

With the hype around this series I've always wanted to get into, thought now was a good time. Decided on the manga over the anime and did a bit of shopping around in physical stores/online but I can't find vol.1 in the UK for under £11/$15 - why is it so expensive for a single manga volume?? Most others in the store were 2/3rds that price.

Ydelnae

I just watched the 3 movies without having heard anything about the series (other than having The Descent spoilered) and I'm like

krabs_rag3do.jpg

With the hype around this series I've always wanted to get into, thought now was a good time. Decided on the manga over the anime and did a bit of shopping around in physical stores/online but I can't find vol.1 in the UK for under £11/$15 - why is it so expensive for a single manga volume?? Most others in the store were 2/3rds that price.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Berserk--Black-Swordsman-v--1/9781593070205

Just ordered v29 and Gigantomakhia from there.

HStallion

I just watched the 3 movies without having heard anything about the series (other than having The Descent spoilered) and I'm like

Haha you should try the old anime series. It looks good but had a low budget so some scenes are just panning across a still image with sound effects and such. It covers a lot more ground and gives things a more manga accurate depiction as Guts/Griffith don't get the screen time to properly develop their characters or the rest of the Band of the Falcon. Or try jumping into the manga as its the best option in all respects from Art to story to characters but I know some people aren't big comic readers. Still I'd say give it a chance but sadly their is no digital version in English which I think is totally ridiculous in this day and age.

HStallion

Am I missing something? It's still £10.99 on there whereas most other manga is £6.99/7.99. At 38 volumes total that shit adds up, even if I just want to buy the first 3-5?

Dark Horse doesn't do a ton of reprints and several of the volumes are out of stock and that's why they go for some crazy high amounts.

What apostles couldn't Guts take down at this point? Dude killed a God before getting to Elfhelm and with the Dragon Slayer and Berserk armor he was able to hurt Ganishka in his fog form which no one else was able to do.

I don't know man, I still think Griffith's elite entourage of Apostles can take him down not easy but still, Zodd and Griffith for sure are still better than Guts and the God Hand of course, so if the end game is to defeat the God Hand he needs more upgrades, I even think Skull Knight wasn't crushed in the eclipse because Femto hesitated and the second time they met by Ganishka Skull Knight was ridiculed bad, heck he hasn't showed his face ever since, I think, but I could be wrong.

HStallion

I don't know man, I still think Griffith's elite entourage of Apostles can take him down not easy but still, Zodd and Griffith for sure are still better than Guts and the God Hand of course, so if the end game is to defeat the God Hand he needs more upgrades, I even think Skull Knight wasn't crushed in the eclipse because Femto hesitated and the second time they met by Ganishka Skull Knight was ridiculed bad, heck he hasn't showed his face ever since, I think, but I could be wrong.

Guts could take on Zodd in his human form by the Hill of Swords. Zodd doesn't transform into his apostle form against a single opponent unless he know's he needs to. The only people who this has happened against were Guts, Griffith and the Skull Knight. I'm fairly sure with the skills he's accrued, the Berserk Armor and the Dragon Slayer Guts could probably take out most of the elite apostles under Griffith at this point.

The guy killed a god as big as an island. He might not be the as strong or dangerous as the Skull Knight but he's grown to be one of the few humans who can take on an apostle and live. For example Silat is one of the few other humans able to do this, namely he took on Rakshas.

It doesn't do a lot to entice potential new fans, that's for sure.

That's for sure and it would be easy money for them. I know myself and several others who double dip not too mention all the other people who prefer to read comics in a digital format. Just throw the volumes on Comixology and rake in the cash.

This might interest you . Several volumes with quite a big discount.

http://www.tfaw.com/Search?_results..._asc&gallery_mode=on&_results_limit_search=60

Kyonashi

This might interest you . Several volumes with quite a big discount.

http://www.tfaw.com/Search?_results..._asc&gallery_mode=on&_results_limit_search=60

Unfortunately I'm in the UK so any savings would probably be negated by shipping/import tax :(

Looking like the best value option for me here is probably just to watch the original anime show. I'm tempted to find the Dark Horse scans online but it feels skeevy even if I don't agree with DH's business practices.

This is a big issue with older manga, all it takes is for Volume 4 or 5 of a manga to go OOP and sales of everything onward nosedives because new readers can't get past the block.

HStallion

Unfortunately I'm in the UK so any savings would probably be negated by shipping/import tax :(

Looking like the best value option for me here is probably just to watch the original anime show. I'm tempted to find the Dark Horse scans online but it feels skeevy even if I don't agree with DH's business practices.

This is a big issue with older manga, all it takes is for Volume 4 or 5 of a manga to go OOP and sales of everything onward nosedives because new readers can't get past the block.

I've been emailing Dark Horse monthly about a digital version of Berserk but usually get a polite no comment or "they're listening" if they even bother to respond. I wonder if there is an issue with the Japanese side not allowing them to release it digital in the West.

Guts could take on Zodd in his human form by the Hill of Swords. Zodd doesn't transform into his apostle form against a single opponent unless he know's he needs to. The only people who this has happened against were Guts, Griffith and the Skull Knight. I'm fairly sure with the skills he's accrued, the Berserk Armor and the Dragon Slayer Guts could probably take out most of the elite apostles under Griffith at this point.

The guy killed a god as big as an island. He might not be the as strong or dangerous as the Skull Knight but he's grown to be one of the few humans who can take on an apostle and live. For example Silat is one of the few other humans able to do this, namely he took on Rakshas.

That's for sure and it would be easy money for them. I know myself and several others who double dip not too mention all the other people who prefer to read comics in a digital format. Just throw the volumes on Comixology and rake in the cash.
I loved that Rakshas fight. "He's on fire!!!" "I'm burning so let me extinguish this shit by RIPPING A FUCKING HORSE IN HALF OF OVER MY HEAD." Shit was metal as fuck.

Momentary

Banned
Berserk 29 looks to be back in stock. It's been out of stock for a LOOONG time. If you don't have it you might want to pick it up. I ordered it Friday and it went immediately out of stock. Probably from people trying to resell it higher. But it seems that Barnes and Nobles also has it in stock as well.

Berserk 32 is out of stock and is increasing in price now. I'm missing it as well... :( Should have nabbed that one.

HStallion

Berserk 29 looks to be back in stock. It's been out of stock for a LOOONG time. If you don't have it you might want to pick it up. I ordered it Friday and it went immediately out of stock. Probably from people trying to resell it higher. But it seems that Barnes and Nobles also has it in stock as well.

Berserk 32 is out of stock and is increasing in price now. I'm missing it as well... :( Should have nabbed that one.

One day we will the Paparazzi will catch a candid shot of Taylor Swift enamored with a volume of Berserk or Justin Bieber gets a tattoo of the brand of sacrifice on his ass or
Donald Trump talks in a speech to his followers about how he looks up to Griffith and considers him a personal hero!
Then maybe the general public will catch on and start buying Berserk in numbers to get us a super fancy high quality release of the series.

One day we will the Paparazzi will catch a candid shot of Taylor Swift enamored with a volume of Berserk or Justin Bieber gets a tattoo of the brand of sacrifice on his ass or
Donald Trump talks in a speech to his followers about how he looks up to Griffith and considers him a personal hero!
Then maybe the general public will catch on and start buying Berserk in numbers to get us a super fancy high quality release of the series.
We both know Trump would shit talk Griffith for using daemons as a military and labor force. "Look at this woman taking away these good jobs from the inhabitants of Midland. He needs to be stopped for the good of Midland." And then he'll just have shit manufactured by those who work with Ganishka."

HStallion

We both know Trump would shit talk Griffith for using daemons as a military and labor force. "Look at this woman taking away these good jobs from the inhabitants of Midland. He needs to be stopped for the good of Midland." And then he'll just have shit manufactured by those who work with Ganishka."

Actually I could see him being a big fan of Ganishka. Nobody makes pregnant women explode with demon spawn like he does! He's the best! Just Terrific!

Momentary

Banned
One thing I love about the later releases of the manga are the little posters that come inside them. The artwork is just amazing.

Back to stock shortages. I'm looking at the volumes I'm missing and a lot are starting to become sold out. Seems like the new anime and game have people trying to either finish their collection, have new comers trying to get into it, or scalpers trying to make a quick buck. I need to go ahead and do another big haul and get this over with.

Actually I could see him being a big fan of Ganishka. Nobody makes pregnant women explode with demon spawn like he does! He's the best! Just Terrific!
"Now there's a man that knows how to handle population control. The pregnant teens of Texas should take some lessons from Ganishka."

HStallion

"Now there's a man that knows how to handle population control. The pregnant teens of Texas should take some lessons from Ganishka."

If I was better a photoshop I'd edit Trumps face onto Ganishka many faces in his giant tentacle tree form. Look at these tentacles! These are big tentacles! The biggest! No one does tentacles like me!

Momentary

Banned
Oh... I didn't know Berserk Vol. 38 is already on store shelves in Japan.... I guess Dark Horse will bring it over here by next year? Took them 9 months to release the last book when it was released in Japanese.

HStallion

Oh... I didn't know Berserk Vol. 38 is already on store shelves in Japan.... I guess Dark Horse will bring it over here by next year? Took them 9 months to release the last book when it was released in Japanese.

Yeah it just released and we should be getting the first episode of the anime in two days or so.

If I was better a photoshop I'd edit Trumps face onto Ganishka many faces in his giant tentacle tree form. Look at these tentacles! These are big tentacles! The biggest! No one does tentacles like me!
"Look at these tentacles, they're the greatest in the world, these massive feet are like a wall, I'm going to use my tentacles to keep these dirty mud people out of our great country. We're going to make Midland the best land of this land."

Momentary

Banned
Are there 2 separate releases in Japan for Berserk? I've seen people have complete volumes with these covers from Young Animal.

Then you have the Jet Comic releases.

Are those specifically for 1st run releases or are they new reprints from Young Animal instead of Jet?

Also, the comic book store here in town said that Dark Horse is putting its mangas into a more premium format soon. This is also to make them all the same in terms of dimensions. That's great and all, but it would kind of upset me a little since I have such a large amount of Berserk in the format it is in now.

Are there 2 separate releases in Japan for Berserk? I've seen people have complete volumes with these covers from Young Animal.

Then you have the Jet Comic releases.

Are those specifically for 1st run releases or are they new reprints from Young Animal instead of Jet?

Also, the comic book store here in town said that Dark Horse is putting its mangas into a more premium format soon. This is also to make them all the same in terms of dimensions. That's great and all, but it would kind of upset me a little since I have such a large amount of Berserk in the format it is in now.
I think those are the new format the comics will have from now on, and they'll be rereleasing the old volumes with the new art.

HStallion

If this is true consider me ecstatic, I'll buy a newer nicer version of Berserk and just loan out the older style volumes to people I know want to get into the series and don't want to buy their own physical volumes.

Tizoc

If this is true consider me ecstatic, I'll buy a newer nicer version of Berserk and just loan out the older style volumes to people I want to get into the series and don't want to buy their own physical volumes.

Cosign, this news is new thread worthy once it gets confirmed.

Ohnonono

My final volumes are out for delivery today. Actually owning all of these and not having to hunt anymore feels really strange. I am like, worried that I am missing one when I know I am not, lol!

Also if anyone is up to it I would love a sweet Berserk avatar! Demon armor, Griffith, Zod, Skull Knight, Deamons, whatever! I am terrible at making the things.

Momentary

Banned
If this is true consider me ecstatic, I'll buy a newer nicer version of Berserk and just loan out the older style volumes to people I know want to get into the series and don't want to buy their own physical volumes.

Cosign, this news is new thread worthy once it gets confirmed.

I went by today and he showed me some examples of what the new comics are going to have from Hakusensha. They are supposed to be identical to the Japanese release except for having Berserk in English on the binder an having the Dark horse logo instead of the Young Animal logo. He also said Volumes 1-3 will have color spreads on the first 3 or 4 pages. I guess it's the pages where they are super dark/detailed in the old releases. He also said that they are planning the re-release in conjunction with volume 38. He doesn't know when that will be released. The Dark Horse manga line up are all getting updated. He pointed out that Sword of the Immortal was getting redone as well along with some others.

I'm happy it's getting a better release... But I'm going to have to rebuy them all over again. I'm going to go ahead and finish out this collection first. I should probably go ahead and make this last bulk purchase before they become unavailable.

tumblr_o8wzz8Wnxy1sjroblo1_1280.jpg

Also Volume 1 has a new cover that plays on Volume 38. Black Swordsman X Berserker

I like how Puck's house doesn't change.

HStallion

I went by today and he showed me some examples of what the new comics are going to have from Hakusensha. They are supposed to be identical to the Japanese release except for having Berserk in English on the binder an having the Dark horse logo instead of the Young Animal logo. He also said Volumes 1-3 will have color spreads on the first 3 or 4 pages. I guess it's the pages where they are super dark/detailed in the old releases. He also said that they are planning the re-release in conjunction with volume 38. He doesn't know when that will be released. The Dark Horse manga line up are all getting updated. He pointed out that Sword of the Immortal was getting redone as well along with some others.

I'm happy it's getting a better release... But I'm going to have to rebuy them all over again. I'm going to go ahead and finish out this collection first. I should probably go ahead and make this last bulk purchase before they become unavailable.

I'm pretty excited myself. Now all they need to do is release a god damned digital version!

Top Bottom