• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Tizoc

Ooooh that sounds awesome. Once official news of it is online I'll make a thread about it :D

In the mean time 15 minutes til anime OT goes up~

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wonder what the reason is for Berserk getting such a big push lately. Maybe its Miura finally wanting to increase its presence in other media and push the brand in the rest of the world.

Wonder what the reason is for Berserk getting such a big push lately. Maybe its Miura finally wanting to increase its presence in other media and push the brand in the rest of the world.

There a bunch of new figures that should be released any moment now, the Figma ones look ready finally and Threezero teased a Skull Knight a while back too.

Momentary

Banned
I wish I had the disposable income to scoop these up.

20160526_662d40.jpg
20150520_d1c10a.jpg

Art of War is the best for Berserk figures. My wife really loves Berserk... but hates anything else that's anime. Maybe I can hint towards a anniversary gift...Hmmmm

HStallion

I wish I had the disposable income to scoop these up.

Art of War is the best for Berserk figures. My wife really loves Berserk... but hates anything else that's anime. Maybe I can hint towards a anniversary gift...Hmmmm

Are those the new figures? Damn that Berserk Armor figure is hot fucking fire! And probably over $300 bucks :/

Momentary

Banned
Are those the new figures? Damn that Berserk Armor figure is hot fucking fire! And probably over $300 bucks :/

I don't think those are the ones people are talking about. This is Art-of-War. They only do Berserk figures and accessories like watches and necklaces and rings. They also do Japanese art and weaponry.

That figure is about $1300. The Golden Age guts is about $280. They are way more than that now since they are sold out.

They do FANTASTIC work.

HStallion

I don't think those are the ones people are talking about. This is Art-of-War. They only do Berserk figures and accessories like watches and necklaces and rings. They also do Japanese art and weaponry.

That figure is about $1300. The Golden Age guts is about $280. They are way more than that now since they are sold out.

They do FANTASTIC work.

I've honestly considered just buying a 3D printer just to fuck around with making models then printing them out and painting them. Some of the prices are absurd.

Momentary

Banned
I've honestly considered just buying a 3D printer just to fuck around with making models then printing them out and painting them. Some of the prices are absurd.

If I had the cash I'd buy them. The amount of detail that goes into these is absurd. I wouldn't say they are overpriced. I just can't afford them.

Not much out there, if anything, that tops the detailing of their pieces. The only bad thing about these figures is that most 3rd party sellers get boot leg versions of these. The only way to make sure you have the legit version is to order directly through the site. I've seen some pictures in this thread with people who got ripped off thinking they were buying AOW.

The only shitty thing about AOW is that they sell a lot repaints and/or minute add ons to previously released figures.

HStallion

If I had the cash I'd buy them. The amount of detail that goes into these is absurd. I wouldn't say they are overpriced. I just can't afford them.

Not much out there, if anything, that tops the detailing of their pieces.

Oh I agree they are top notch but I've got a car to pay for lol

HStallion

So there is an ad in Volume 38 for Volume 39 that says its coming out in 2017. Maybe that means Miura will keep up the monthly releases but then again it could mean December 2017 hah

Famassu

Re-reading the Berserk volumes I have in my own collection. Up to vol 13's final chapter(s). I'll forever be bitter for what happened to Judeau (in particular). One of the bestest bros in all of fiction.

HStallion

Re-reading the Berserk volumes I have in my own collection. Up to vol 13's final chapter(s). I'll forever be bitter for what happened to Judeau (in particular). One of the bestest bros in all of fiction.

His final moments in particular were pretty sad.

More ep titles:

From reddit:

Ep6 火あぶりの夜宴 --> The evening's banquet of burning at the stake

Ep7 黒き魔女 --> Black witch

Ep8 魔窟の再会 --> Reunion in the den of evil

Ep9 亡者の血流 --> The blood flow of the dead

Half a volume per episode. This might end up be just one-cour guys.

It's not bad. It's fucking horrific. I'm curious to how many pages were used. I think we may have hit 200. LOL

It would be great if this was like the '97 anime with the shaky first ep and the rest being good, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The first episode has great direction. There's nothing even remotely similar to that here. The reason the 97 series is actually good is exactly because it's well directed. Even when it changes things. It has a very clear understanding of the story that is going to be told. This was like everything bad present in the movies with even worse animation.

Erigu

More ep titles:
From reddit:
Ep6 火あぶりの夜宴 --> The evening's banquet of burning at the stake
Ep7 黒き魔女 --> Black witch
Ep8 魔窟の再会 --> Reunion in the den of evil
Ep9 亡者の血流 --> The blood flow of the dead
It sure sounds like we're on track for Griffith being reborn at the end of the first cours.
I wonder how far they intend to go with the second cours... Considering Schierke and Flora showed up, possibly the Berserk armor, like the PlayStation 2 video game?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've been interested in Berserk for a while now but never bothered to go through it. I think I touched the manga for a tiny little bit, but nothing is recalled so I probably only went through the first chapter or two.

Nonetheless, over the past few weeks I've been watching Berserk (1997 series) and I am enjoying it. The music is superb, though what more can you expect from Hirasawa. But now I'm keen to jump in to the manga and see where things go from there.

I've got the first 5 volumes heading over from Amazon so should be good to go through it.

I've been interested in Berserk for a while now but never bothered to go through it. I think I touched the manga for a tiny little bit, but nothing is recalled so I probably only went through the first chapter or two.

Nonetheless, over the past few weeks I've been watching Berserk (1997 series) and I am enjoying it. The music is superb, though what more can you expect from Hirasawa. But now I'm keen to jump in to the manga and see where things go from there.

I've got the first 5 volumes heading over from Amazon so should be good to go through it.
You're definitely going to want to have up to book 13 by the end of the anime.

If you started watching it, just watch it till the end and then start the manga from scratch.

balgajo

Watched first anime episode. The made a soup with a lot o moments from the story plus shit CG. Why there's no love when adapting berserk?

I rewatched the episode today to see if I was a bit too harsh with it. Nah. There's nothing in there I like it. Nothing. Not a single creative decision that I even find acceptable. Puck looks good in a couple of shots. That's probably it.

EDIT: Upon rewatch I hadnt even noticed that the Tree actually goes meet Guts. It moves. What a bizarre thing to do. And why did it killed the bandits? It's (supposedly) awaken by Gut's Brand. Doesnt make any sense. If you want to change things at least try to be logical. Have Guts (bizarrely) be interested in killing that tree, gather information about it on the bar, while in the path the wagon appears, the whole ordeal wakes up the tree. Simple and more coherent .

There's something about this that is jarring to watch. Shitty CGI maybe, not sure. Some of the CGI animations reminds me of early PS1 3D games where the animation is just shit. I kind of feel a little nauseous after watching it. Is the frame rate super fucking low or something?

I'm not feeling this at all so far. Sucks.

*After reading a few comments on the reddit megathread, others have reported feeling nauseous as well after watching this. Motion sickness, perhaps?

Moonkid

For peeps who've played Dark Souls 3, does this remind you of a particular end-game boss?
Looks like the second phase of Lorian and Lothric's fight doesn't it? A commentor on Youtube pointed out the similarity of a mage+swordsman but this seems like a pretty close visual reference.

Josue

Just finished rereading the Conviction arc, so good.

So what did the man who turned into a behelit wish for? And what exactly did he sacrifice? From what I understood, he sacrifices himself and the world he knew around him, but for what exactly?

Also, did Griffith need that man to eventually summon the second "eclipse" in order for him to be reborn? The whole thing was kind of confusing.

HStallion

Just finished rereading the Conviction arc, so good.

So what did the man who turned into a behelit wish for? And what exactly did he sacrifice? From what I understood, he sacrifices himself and the world he knew around him, but for what exactly?

Also, did Griffith need that man to eventually summon the second "eclipse" in order for him to be reborn? The whole thing was kind of confusing.

Do you mean what he sacrificed to become the Behelit Apostle? Since he was a destitute loner who had no human connections and lived in a garbage dump surrounded by dead bodies the only thing he had to sacrifice was his own body. If you mean what did he sacrifice to reincarnate Griffith? He basically sacrifices himself and uses Casca and Guts' child as the vessel for Griffith.

Josue

Do you mean what he sacrificed to become the Behelit Apostle? Since he was a destitute loner who had no human connections and lived in a garbage dump surrounded by dead bodies the only thing he had to sacrifice was his own body. If you mean what did he sacrifice to reincarnate Griffith? He basically sacrifices himself and uses Casca and Guts' child as the vessel for Griffith.

I'm pretty much asking if he had Griffith in mind the whole time when he sacrifices himself, or what did he specifically want to happen when he decided he would sacrifice himself.

HStallion

I'm pretty much asking if he had Griffith in mind the whole time when he sacrifices himself, or what did he specifically want to happen when he decided he would sacrifice himself.

I don't think he had any real knowledge of what he was doing or what would happen in a sense. The God Hand seemed to have set him up to be one thing in his life, much like Griffith but to a smaller extent, in that he was basically "programmed" to do what he did to bring Griffith back to the real world. I don't think he ever thought too much about it, its just what he was supposed to do, it was literally in his nature to what this to happen as a giant walking talking behelit.

Top Bottom