• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

https://twitter.com/DemiFiendRSA

From anime expo in a panel with the Berserk director.

HdQzsXT.png

12 episodes (make sense considering the pace the episode titles showed).
3rd episode is entirely new (considering that they can't animate Guts fucking a demon, obviously what happens here would be an heresy so they probably asked to change it heavily).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
https://twitter.com/DemiFiendRSA

From anime expo in a panel with the Berserk director.

HdQzsXT.png

12 episodes (make sense considering the pace the episode titles showed).
3rd episode is entirely new (considering that they can't animate Guts fucking a demon, obviously what happens here would be an heresy so they probably asked to change it heavily).

I've been hearing rumors about Miura realizing how bad the series was turning out and jumped in to have a greater control of the anime. Its all rumors and hearsay at this point but maybe there is more to that story than first expected. I can't imagine Miura likes people butchering his grand opus like the first episode of the new anime die.

Also I thought this season was 24 episodes long?

I wouldn't mind seeing Miura redraw some Pokemon. How many penises would Venusaur have and where would they be?

Already happened with Junji Ito...

pokemon_junji_ito_full.0.jpg

I've been hearing rumors about Miura realizing how bad the series was turning out and jumped in to have a greater control of the anime. Its all rumors and hearsay at this point but maybe there is more to that story than first expected. I can't imagine Miura likes people butchering his grand opus like the first episode of the new anime die.

Also I thought this season was 24 episodes long?

Already happened with Junji Ito...

pokemon_junji_ito_full.0.jpg
I Junji Ito work actually looks pretty good.
I'm just sitting here imaging Miura watching ep 1 and going like, "Look at what they've done to Berserk."
61158.original-8851.png

Grudy

I just finished the Guardians of Desire arc and this story is fucking real. This has to be one of my favorite story arcs to have ever had the pleasure to read. At about the 6th chapter, I put the Behelit music and that stuff was on a whole other level. Amazing arc. I hope I find the time in the next few days to write a full opinion about the arc after I collected my thoughts on it in full.

HStallion

I just finished the Guardians of Desire arc and this story is fucking real. This has to be one of my favorite story arcs to have ever had the pleasure to read. At about the 6th chapter, I put the Behelit music and that stuff was on a whole other level. Amazing arc. I hope I find the time in the next few days to write a full opinion about the arc after I collected my thoughts on it in full.

Ahh damn you got a wild ride ahead of you are only just getting into the real meat and potatoes arc.

HStallion

You mean the Golden Age arc? I have already watched the anime and the movies but weirdly enough I'm still excited to triple dip.

Well in general then since there is a longer even wilder road after the Golden Age. Not too mention you still haven't experienced Wyald hah

Zolo

Rereading parts of Berserk, and it's amazing how far Farnese's character has come. I'd say she's probably in my top 3 characters for the series.

frontovik

Banned
I agree, Farnese has come a long way from being that pyromanic religious zealot when she was first introduced.

Just for clarification, she is jealous of Guts' affection for Casca, correct? I recall that she isn't aware of their history. It'd be interesting to see a Guts and Farnese relationship.

I agree, Farnese has come a long way from being that pyromanic religious zealot when she was first introduced.

Just for clarification, she is jealous of Guts' affection for Casca, correct? I recall that she isn't aware of their history. It'd be interesting to see a Guts and Farnese relationship.
I imagine her setting fire to Guts at some point. I actually think Schierke is more jealous of Casca than Farnese is.

Momentary

Banned
I'm only missing issue 32 right now. And it's still sold out on Amazon. It's a $180 right now. LOL $250 if you want it brand new.

I'm only missing issue 32 right now. And it's still sold out on Amazon. It's a $180 right now. LOL $250 if you want it brand new.

At least Miura's getting that paper. I always have this completely baseless feeling like Berserk ain't all that popular in Japan so it's reassuring that it's doing well over here.

Kvik

I finally caught up with #344.

That was a nice "downtime" chapter. Maybe not as grand as the beginning of Falconia arc chapters, but it was kinda nice to see Guts smiling and Isidro/Puck playing the fools.

Will they will be able to heal Casca? I missed the proud and strong Casca.

Zolo

Miura didn't keep Casca alive all this time just to keep her as she is. Her mind turning back to normal and having to deal with the events of the eclipse like Guts is something that will have to be dealt with.

Veelk

Banned
I'll be glad when we see Casca's sanity restored. Skull Knight implies that she may not wish it, and it will no doubt be hard for her. But perhaps one of the most potentially positive and empowering things this Manga can do is have Casca rise above her own pain and trauma and have Griffith's rape not be what defines her character, as it has been now since the Eclipse. Berserk has had...issues, with its female characters, but it also explored them in many ways that were meaningful as well. I hope that we continue on that road and have Casca come into her own a bit more.

Kvik

Let's hope Casca bounce back stronger though, and turn that PTSD into anger, because I bet you Casca will remember everything from that night.

Skull Knight hinted at this when he warned Guts about bringing her back.

It felt like he implied she may not want to have her sanity back. I'm expecting something really bad, like her immediately running off to Griffith again. Something is to re-new Guts determination to Kill him and we are about to see it.

HStallion

It felt like he implied she may not want to have her sanity back. I'm expecting something really bad, like her immediately running off to Griffith again. Something is to re-new Guts determination to Kill him and we are about to see it.

I think the biggest thing is if she does get her mind restored to its former sanity is will she want to stay with Guts after everything that's happened. I think that was the real warning the SK was giving as it might very well be possible to return her to normal but Guts might not like her decision on what she wants to do afterwards, which may include shunning him because of all the stuff that happened to her. I don't think she'll do anything like run off to Griffith but she might just tell Guts to go fuck himself and that might be even worse for him as he's had so much riding on getting her mind restored, not just for her own sake but his.

Grudy

Hey! Me too. Are you just ordering these on Amazon, new? I've been getting them that way, and I'm already feeling the hurt (price wise) at volume 4. You're in for a treat, by the way.

I'm actually getting them from a bookstore in Dubai called Kinokuniya. It's a surprisingly big bookstore (biggest I've seen in the country, and afaik, it's an international bookstore chain) with a large manga section. However, they do sell each volume at about 18 USD which I did not feel the weight off until I saw how fast I go through each volume :p. Fucking worth it though. The Guardians of Desire arc was excellent.

I have tried far and wide to order cheaper volumes online but to no avail. I looked through countless stores, big and small in the UK & US, and I actually found some really good deals (Many volumes at $5-8, used) but the shipping costs always brings it back to about the same price of new volumes. It really should be easier than this, but I think I'll suffer through it.

I have tried far and wide to order cheaper volumes online but to no avail. I looked through countless stores, big and small in the UK & US, and I actually found some really good deals (Many volumes at $5-8, used) but the shipping costs always brings it back to about the same price of new volumes. It really should be easier than this, but I think I'll suffer through it.

Have you tried bookdepository.co.uk? Free shipping worldwide.

Grudy

Have you tried bookdepository.co.uk? Free shipping worldwide.

This looks really promising! I will be ordering some volumes right now to try it out.

Edit: I'm thinking of order volumes 6 & 7 and then investing the rest into volumes 13-17 in order to get ahead of the anime. I already watched the 1997 anime so I think this should be okay. Are there any important chapters or plot points that were not covered by the 1997 anime (even small differences)?

HStallion

This looks really promising! I will be ordering some volumes right now to try it out.

Edit: I'm thinking of order volumes 6 & 7 and then investing the rest into volumes 13-17 in order to get ahead of the anime. I already watched the 1997 anime so I think this should be okay. Are there any important chapters or plot points that were not covered by the 1997 anime (even small differences)?

You missed out on the Slug Count in the original anime but you already read that part. Otherwise you're missing out on probably 2 characters who are minor at the point of the Golden Age but become much more important later on, Skull Knight and Silat, and then there is Wyald.

Wyald02.jpg

Grudy

You missed out on the Slug Count in the original anime but you already read that part. Otherwise you're missing out on probably 2 characters who are minor at the point of the Golden Age but become much more important later on, Skull Knight and Silat, and then there is Wyald.

Wyald02.jpg

Whoops, that's no good for me; I better go in order then.

He looks funny.

Another edit so I don't double post: It seems like bookdepository.co.uk is just missing chapters 12,14-16 & 18. If you guys know any other bookstores like this one, it would be a great help.

Rowena

Neo Member
Any reason why Book 32 of the Manga is so hard to find ? I'm making my way through the set by ordering 5 books at s time and I'm making my way to Book 32 in a couple weeks and hoping to find it without spending a crazy amount.

Whoops, that's no good for me; I better go in order then.

He looks funny.

Another edit so I don't double post: It seems like bookdepository.co.uk is just missing chapters 12,14-16 & 18. If you guys know any other bookstores like this one, it would be a great help.
Instocktrades has volumes 12, 15, and 16.
link

Any reason why Book 32 of the Manga is so hard to find ? I'm making my way through the set by ordering 5 books at s time and I'm making my way to Book 32 in a couple weeks and hoping to find it without spending a crazy amount.
It's likely out of print at the moment.

I actually enjoyed episode 2. I think the CG looks worse during the scenes of talking, somehow. That sunset scene with Guts and Grif was so pretty.

Momentary

Banned

Book 29 and 24 were out of print when a few weeks ago. I'm sure they'll get them. Scalpers are in the look out right now because of the Anime and game. There's new interest in the series. So when there is low volume on the books these guys will bulk buy and try to resell them anywhere from 40-500 bucks. I'm sure dark horse will get more books printed seeing as how Berserk 1-6 is now in Amazon's top sellers list for manga.

There's also rumors of a 2nd print series being released soon with new editing and all that good stuff. This first print series might be on its way out the door. So if you're a collector be on the look out for these coming back in restock. A lot of these scalpers are comic book store owners who kind of knowwhats about to happen with Dark Horses manga line. I posted about it a few pages back if you want to take a gander. It has the new cover for volume 1 in there too.

I wonder what Madhouse would have done for the anime if they were the ones that got the contract.

HStallion

Behelit can also be used as a soap.

You know that's not a bad idea...

I can see the tie in now!

berserk_behelit.jpg

Just imagine some beautiful women or hot gut rubbing that all around their junk areas and then it starts to transform and cry "blood" as you use it!

Grudy

Instocktrades has volumes 12, 15, and 16.
link

It's likely out of print at the moment.

Thanks, I will be sure to try this one on my next shipment.

You know that's not a bad idea...

I can see the tie in now!

berserk_behelit.jpg

Just imagine some beautiful women or hot gut rubbing that all around their junk areas and then it starts to transform and cry "blood" as you use it!
I think we should stick with the shampoo idea :p

You know, in terms of weird fictional things people in a fictional world would do if it were real, I imagined a game played by kids in midland called "Kiss the Behelit!"

Top Bottom