• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Puck is the real driving force

"Wait a second?! M....Me?!"

7BfWIdUl.jpg

Grudy

OT has been asleep for a while, so here's a really good shot from Lost Children, spoiler tagged for those currently reading through:

I love the angle of Gut's face here. I cannot see his eyes but I imagine he must be feeling quite sad at this point. Really got me to feel sorry for what he had to do and how he always ends up in these situations.

Then this. Beautiful.

Recently quite a few really awesome Berserk videos have been uploaded onto YouTube. I guess the new anime has put Berserk back into the spotlight and lots of people just want to discuss everything about it again. I came across this new one - Why You Should Watch/ Read: Berserk. It's extremely well done and I highly recommend you give it a look!

Acrylic7

Iv read all of Berserk and I'm trying to convince my friend its the best manga made to date. He doesn't believe me. I'm trying to get him all of the mangas.

When are we getting a box set?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If I've got my schedule right, the new episode should be coming out next week. Here's hoping its as monumental as we are all expecting.

Zolo

In my case, I find it best to accept that it'll still be another 15-20 years until the manga ends. It's essentially Miura's 40 year-long work from 20-60 years old.

It also helps that Miura's actually pretty consistent as far as getting at least a few chapters a year aside from maybe that one year he was doing another manga.

Tizoc

Ldies and gentlemen
I wish to once again remind you that we now live in a post 'new berserk chapter is releasing in 2 weeks time' world

Mawarup

Neo Member
Just wanted to chime in and say I am a new fan to the series. Started the manga yesterday and just finished the Conviction arc. Everything makes sense to me now when people bring up Berserk while talking about the soul series. As for the story up till now, I don't know how I should be feeling.

Zolo

Just wanted to chime in and say I am a new fan to the series. Started the manga yesterday and just finished the Conviction arc. Everything makes sense to me now when people bring up Berserk while talking about the soul series. As for the story up till now, I don't know how I should be feeling.

Well, how do you feel?

Dahbomb

That speed is too fast man.

Can't be glossing over the fine artwork.

Ldies and gentlemen
I wish to once again remind you that we now live in a post 'new berserk chapter is releasing in 2 weeks time' world

I'm surprised by how many chapters he released this year. I've been reading the manga since 2000. I guess the change to digital really helped him out.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You shouldn't be reading that much in 2 days.

That speed is too fast man.

Can't be glossing over the fine artwork.

Don't worry he can reread the series over to take in all the little details he missed on the first read. It's what I did over a decade ago.

I'm surprised by how many chapters he released this year. I've been reading the manga since 2000. I guess the change to digital really helped him out.

People are still debating how much he is doing digital but it seems that its more and more. I think a lot of the breaks these last few years was Miura trying to figure out were to take the story. That and a pallet cleanser in Gigantomachia.

Don't worry he can reread the series over to take in all the little details he missed on the first read. It's what I did over a decade ago.

People are still debating how much he is doing digital but it seems that its more and more. I think a lot of the breaks these last few years was Miura trying to figure out were to take the story. That and a pallet cleanser in Gigantomachia.

Yeah, I don't mind the wait. Every time a chapter releases, it usually high quality. Berserk is my favorite manga, and I'm happy he chose to take his time, with not only drawing but figuring out the plot and how to move it forward. I know that I'm going to have to reread this manga once it's fully finished.

Breads

Banned
X post from the anime thread.
Though there is a point later on when Griffith appears in the physical earth realm as Femto. So I don't exactly know how ironclad that rule is.

I don't think that scene fully constitutes as the physical earth realm. Between the Man-Made-Behelit, Ganishka's mega evolution, and the Sword of Actuation we can assume that a temporary conflux of realms had already taken place before the Skull Knight accidentally made it permanent and transformed the world.

X post from the anime thread.

I don't think that scene fully constitutes as the physical earth realm. Between the Man-Made-Behelit, Ganishka's mega evolution, and the Sword of Actuation we can assume that a temporary conflux of realms had already taken place before the Skull Knight accidentally made it permanent and transformed the world.
I must have read through this too fast cause I remember nothing about a man made behelit. I guess with Ganishka being a high class magical entity he stopped being a part of the man made universe and I guess when you get that much mystical energy in the same place you get sort of a mini Eclipse from it and the resulting release of all of that caused the two planes to converge.

Veelk

Banned
I must have read through this too fast cause I remember nothing about a man made behelit. I guess with Ganishka being a high class magical entity he stopped being a part of the man made universe and I guess when you get that much mystical energy in the same place you get sort of a mini Eclipse from it and the resulting release of all of that caused the two planes to converge.
http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Man-Made_Behelit

He probably didn't do it for good reasons, but Griffith still did the world a favor by taking him out.
Griffith sacrificed his friends, Ganishka sacrificed pure strangers just so he could attempt to kill a borderline deity. Griffith kept it personal, Ganishka would've sacrificed anybody though and he did it in a grotesque fashion too. Griffith just had his boys eaten by some daemons.

Veelk

Banned
I mean....lets not get carried away here. Griffith was sacrificing (his words) strangers before the Behelit ever became a thing. He just that at the time it was a figure of speech to obtain a mundane goal rather than feeding people to demons. But he did consider the random people he slew and were slain fighting for his name to be sacrifices for his dream.

We don't need to put a spotlight on griffith just because he happened to do one good thing in taking out Ganishka.

He also did unearth Fantasia and united the planes of existence...which probably isn't a good thing, but people were getting eaten by monstrous shit any way so I highly doubt extra people died because Griffith did that.

We've got one episode left. What an average ride it's been.

I've been really quiet when it comes to the new anime, but that doesn't mean I haven't been watching it every week. The fact that I haven't mentioned it much just goes to show you how much I just didn't care about it. For me it started out being a 2/10 to eventually going to about a 4/10 roughly halfway through when it kinda found somewhat of a groove (that or I simply adjusted to the awfulness). So it went from abysmal to just plain bad.

The people behind it just didn't get it. I mean all you have to do is look no further than the last episode when Griffith was finally shown and they played rock music for his big moment. I mean what?! Not to mention he was animated in like two frames. People keep bringing up the terrible 3D, but honestly, the anime has A LOT of problems and overall it was such a huge injustice to the wonderful manga. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

I've been really quiet when it comes to the new anime, but that doesn't mean I haven't been watching it every week. The fact that I haven't mentioned it much just goes to show you how much I just didn't care about it. For me it started out being a 2/10 to eventually going to about a 4/10 roughly halfway through when it kinda found somewhat of a groove (that or I simply adjusted to the awfulness). So it went from abysmal to just plain bad.

The people behind it just didn't get it. I mean all you have to do is look no further than the last episode when Griffith was finally shown and they played rock music for his big moment. I mean what?! Not to mention he was animated in like two frames. People keep bringing up the terrible 3D, but honestly, the anime has A LOT of problems and overall it was such a huge injustice to the wonderful manga. I just wanted to get that off my chest.
"Lets introduce reborn Griffith with a Deftones riff and give him the nose of a deer."
What I would give for Madhouse to animate a new Berserk show with Susumu Hirasawa scoring it.

One can dream.
Maybe if you find a behelit and sacrifice your family it can be done. You can enjoy proper Berserk in your new slug form.

jett

D-Member
After binging on the new anime show, I figured I'd start reading this constantly-praised manga.

It's crazy that the Golden Era arc doesn't happen until 500 pages in. Did Miura have all of this mapped out beforehand?

After binging on the new anime show, I figured I'd start reading this constantly-praised manga.

It's crazy that the Golden Era arc doesn't happen until 500 pages in. Did Miura have all of this mapped out beforehand?
Considering how it began with Guts fucking a demon and it was later revealed that Guts had extreme touch issues it makes sense that it wasn't fully thought out from the beginning.

Top Bottom