• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best games of 2004 H1 according to new Famitsu

bloke

from 2ch via gamefront

Best game overall
1. Monster Hunter (PS2, Capcom)
2. Dragon Quest V (PS2, Square Enix)
3. GTA Vice City [dt.Vers.] (PS2, Capcom)

Most balanced game
1. Dragon Quest V (PS2, Square Enix)
2. Monster Hunter (PS2, Capcom)
3. GTA Vice City [dt.Vers.] (PS2, Capcom)

Best game idea
1. Katamari Damacy (PS2, Namco)
2. EyeToy (PS2, Sony)
3. Monster Hunter (PS2, Capcom)

Best music
1. GTA Vice City [dt.Vers.] (PS2, Capcom)
3. Monster Hunter (PS2, Capcom)

Best graphics
1. Monster Hunter (PS2, Capcom)
2. Onimusha 3 (PS2, Capcom)
3. Pikmin 2 (GC, Nintendo)

So rehash of 12 yearold game is second best thing japanese developers can offer us atm? I'm usually not into japanese bashing, but hello, no NG in best graphics top3 = bit ignorant from their side.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Best music
1. GTA Vice City [dt.Vers.] (PS2, Capcom)
what
bloke said:
So rehash of 12 yearold game is second best thing japanese developers can offer us atm? I'm usually not into japanese bashing, but hello, no NG in best graphics top3 = bit ignorant from their side.
Hard to judge graphics you can't see :p

Gattsu25

Banned
bloke said:
from 2ch via gamefront

[edit]hmm...lack of NG in the graphics list is unusual =\[/edit]

overall, pretty good list if you ask me...and OMFG they don't hate GTA?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, Monster Hunter cleaned up. Is it really that good? Heck, is the music that good?

Wulfer

You know generally I'm very supportive of Japan built videogame products. Nintendo is still one of the best built systems for wear, tare and games. That said Japan needs to get over this fear if it's not built in our country we won't support it crap. The excuse that the Xbox is too big is just pathetic. The Xbox box takes up less space than two PS2 multi taps, memory cards and a modem attached to the back of a PS2. All the winy b!tching about the the xbox being to big is just sad. Their videogame market is in trouble and sadly they have their own selves to blame for it. :( Ninja Gaiden as great a game it is, they still turn their nose up. I guess 1942 hasn't really been forgiven or forgotten after all. :(

john tv

WULFER said:
I guess 1942 hasn't really been forgiven or forgotten after all. :(
Yeah, that, or maybe there aren't very many games on Xbox that appeal to Japanese gamers?

And yes, it is too damn big. Have you ever seen a typical apartment in Japan? If the damn thing were at least stackable, it might not be SO bad, but in its current form, it just takes up too much space.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Vice City voted first for best music and in the running for most balanced.... *shudder* 80's music is fun (for about 5 minutes) but gets old FAST. And if piss poor aim and control is what you call "balanced"... then I guess Vice City is balanced. Dragonquest V is awesome though (at least the original, SFC version), it's a shame the remake isn't coming to the US, since most Americans haven't played this. DQ4 and 5 remakes for DS!

Top Bottom