• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

MaverickX9 said:
I didn't get in on this until the word had spread to Fat Wallet, SlickDeals, CAG, etc...that was like an hour after the deal broke.

I was freaking watching Die Hard With a Vengeance on Encore for the fourth time today....

Dude! I just found out and pre-ordered about 30 mins ago, so I'm at the ass end of this deal. If any orders get cancelled/delayed, mine will probably be one of them...

Wollan

sonarrat said:
I have Froogle to thank for that. It was pretty well buried in the search results, but once I spotted it my eyes went as wide as dinner platters.

iseewhatyoudidtherecat.b.jpg

Tarazet

LJ11 said:
You went from purchasing a PS3 from some shady dealer, to possibly delivering PS3's for thousands. :lol

The amazing thing is, I did exactly the same thing both times. I just got a lot luckier the second time. :lol

Thanks again man! Even if this doesn't goes through, you could have slept on this info, but you decided to share it with the rest of us.

CAG has been sleeping on too many sweet deals. It was time for this place to get some love.

cvxfreak

I vote for sonarrat to be immune from the banstick, allowed to have any tag he wants at anytime and a higher limit for an avatar. Or something.

<3

EDIT: sonarrat, has your OP given you more reputation points? :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Since no one wants to play Hungry Hungry Hippos...

No more BB emails yet, save for that initial order confirmation email.
Online order tracking reports status as 'InProcess'.

Mejilan said:
No more BB emails yet, save for that initial order confirmation email.
Online order tracking reports status as 'InProcess'.

Mine too.

I'm too excited to sleep and I'll be too afraid to wake up and check my email.

Christopher

I've heard a rumor "somewhere" haha that best buy is getting an insane amout of stock for the PS3? Has it been confirmed in this thread? I'm just so excited that I got one thinking that I'd just have to settle for Zelda: GC and that's it for the Christmas break.

So people see this;

WickedAngel said:
Someone managed to force-feed the BestBuy URL system and get it to bring up the Wii price. It dies when you try to order it.

WickedAngel said:
Someone managed to force-feed the BestBuy URL system and get it to bring up the Wii price. It dies when you try to order it.

WickedAngel said:

WickedAngel said:

WickedAngel said:

Tarazet

cvxfreak said:
I vote for sonarrat to be immune from the banstick, allowed to have any tag he wants at anytime and a higher limit for an avatar. Or something.

<3

EDIT: sonarrat, has your OP given you more reputation points? :lol

BuddyC got one, and White Man said he ordered one in IRC. Other than that, haven't heard from admins. Not necessary, but I admit I'm pretty sick of this tag.

cvxfreak

I've been on hold with customer service for 18 minutes now. I want to change my shipping option.

The waiting music sounds like random game music.

Assuming this was an early link, it wouldn't really matter anyways. It looks like they had a clear amount that they wanted to let go before the system shut itself off. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of cancelling all those orders just to re-launch the pre-order in a few days.

cvxfreak said:
I've been on hold with customer service for 18 minutes now. I want to change my shipping option.

The waiting music sounds like random game music.

Everyone and their mother is calling for the exact same reason you are. Expect a 30~45 minute wait.

bigfurb

DAMMIT!!! I am just now reading about this. Man, I just haaaad to go out for a drink with the crew tonight of all nights. And i've just recently discovered that i can fit a 20 Gig PS3 into my budget to :(

cvxfreak

WickedAngel said:
Assuming this was an early link, it wouldn't really matter anyways. It looks like they had a clear amount that they wanted to let go before the system shut itself off. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of cancelling all those orders just to re-launch the pre-order in a few days.

I never got the point of advertising the hell out of online pre-orders beforehand. It'll just clog the system up with mass orders being filled and cause disruptions for the whole site. You're going to sell all of them, why not just make it available casually?

cvxfreak said:
I never got the point of advertising the hell out of online pre-orders beforehand. It'll just clog the system up with mass orders being filled and cause disruptions for the whole site. You're going to sell all of them, why not just make it available casually?

For something like this, I don't really understand either. If it was something that might not sell, I'd definately advertise.

WickedAngel said:
For something like this, I don't really understand either. If it was something that might not sell, I'd definately advertise.
but they didn't advertise at all and it sold out (apparently) so it probly wasn't needed.

BobTheFork said:
but they didn't advertise at all and it sold out (apparently) so it probly wasn't needed.

I know...I said that to justify the logic behind me thinking that they won't just cancel these and start over because it wasn't "official".

unomas

Banned
Time to go to sleep, glad I got in while it was still going. Hopefully mass carnage won't ensue tomorrow while I'm at work!

rikichi

Chris_C said:
Dammit, couldn't my friend have chosen ANOTHER night to get get married!? I missed out man :(
blamin' it on the guy who ordered 10 of them with 10 different ****ing credit cards....

Chris_C said:
Dammit, couldn't my friend have chosen ANOTHER night to get get married!? I missed out man :(

Did you at least get some bridesmaid poonanny as a consolation prize? If you did, you can basically just liken it to spending the night with a really expensive prostitute.

JCBossman

Banned
Just wondering when EVERYONE was making a mad dash to spend $600+ did the site take you to a SECURE WEB PAGE, usually thats what these sites do for Personal/Credit Card info, because if this WAS Legit, it looks like Best Buys website security has been comprimised.

I'm trying to be realistic about this, and here's what I think is going to happen:

--BestBuy will honor the pre-orders BUT only the early orders will get their PS3s at launch.
--If they don't cancel, everyone else will get their PS3s whenever Sony ships more, with some getting theirs in early/mid-December, and some not getting their console until 2007.

Honestly, how can BestBuy ship thousands at launch and have enough stock for their stores at the same time?

whatdidyousay said:
I'm trying to be realistic about this, and here's what I think is going to happen:

--BestBuy will honor the pre-orders BUT only the early orders will get their PS3s at launch.
--If they don't cancel, everyone else will get their PS3s whenever Sony ships more, with some getting theirs in early/mid-December, and some not getting their console until 2007.

Honestly, how can BestBuy ship thousands at launch and have enough stock for their stores at the same time?

Every big store has a certain amount allocated for online orders.

Tarazet

JCBossman said:
Just wondering when EVERYONE was making a mad dash to spend $600+ did the site take you to a SECURE WEB PAGE, usually thats what these sites do for Personal/Credit Card info, because if this WAS Legit, it looks like Best Buys website security has been comprimised.

Even the scam I fell for this morning had a secure checkout. Enough of us are seeing real, live orders in our BB accounts that it's safe to say you're wrong.

Top Bottom