• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

sonarrat said:
I placed a pre-order for three PS3 games a few minutes later, and it had the same ending. Last seven 7008280.

Same ending as the PS3 order? Then the endings are not unique?

Mejilan said:
8008 shows up NOWHERE in my order number. (7008 does, however). 8008 DOES show up in my order's product SKU, though.

Oh. Hmmph. Well I don't know. Thought I could decrypt the numbering scheme with my skillz. But I fail.

*throws NSA application in the trash*

LJ11

mrroboto said:
Some dude on Slickdeals said he preordered 10 systems with his 10 different credit cards.

Guys like him will definately make BestBuy's decision to cancel all orders very easy.

Besides the fact that he's a douche, why the **** would anyone have 10 credit cards. :lol

Mejilan said:
What's more likely is that a ton of us are going to get 'confirmation' emails that'll make our hearts soar... until we see the expected shipping date of March 2007.
Let's hope not. That would suck untold amounts of cockage.

I ordered a 60GB and Resistance with Next Day Shipping.

I know that they are going to cancel my PS3 and send me Resistance. I'll get stuck with some insane $20 next day air shipping cost.

sangreal

LJ11 said:
Besides the fact that he's a douche, why the **** would anyone have 10 credit cards. :lol

Some cards allow you to generate as many CC#s as you want for online ordering security

ccnum.gif

LJ11

steviebomb said:
Let's hope not. That would suck untold amounts of cockage.

I would rather have that happen than a full cancellation for everyone. It would also mean that more GAFers would get PS3's because they were in on it first.

sspeedy

mrroboto said:
Some dude on Slickdeals said he preordered 10 systems with his 10 different credit cards.

Guys like him will definately make BestBuy's decision to cancel all orders very easy.

asshole. but still, won't all of 'em have his name and address? they could easily see that 10 different credit cards, but with same name/address, have orders placed. they could cancel that, no?

Tarazet

LJ11 said:
I was just amazed by how fast GAF was with this deal. They beat both SD and FW by close to 30 minutes.

I have Froogle to thank for that. It was pretty well buried in the search results, but once I spotted it my eyes went as wide as dinner platters.

MaverickX9 said:
I ordered a 60GB and Resistance with Next Day Shipping.

I know that they are going to cancel my PS3 and send me Resistance. I'll get stuck with some insane $20 next day air shipping cost.

Ouch. You better play the hell outta the game then.

LJ11 said:
I would rather have that happen than a full cancellation for everyone. It would also mean that more GAFers would get PS3's because they were in on it first.
That's true, but I'm really looking forward to 40-man breach on Resistance on the 17th. I feel like freakin' Cartman when he was waiting for the Wii!

mrroboto

Banned
Links are down. Now "coming soon" for the preorder link.

No way these are going through.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't meant to go up yet.

gprime

MaverickX9 said:
I see what you did there.

Actually I'm in Canada and I tried to use one of those sites where they forward parcels from the US to other countries, but BestBuy rejected my Canadian credit card :(

I assume gift cards purchased from a US websitet would show up as an american card?

unomas

Banned
Dead, now we play the waiting game.........and hopefully they filter out all the whores who ordered multiple consoles. That will probably bump me from 1,000 to 100! :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Now we play the waiting game.

Or Hungry Hungry Hippos! Who's with me?

(I expect cancellation emails to start rolling in within 8 hours)...

mrroboto said:
Links are down. Now "coming soon" for the preorder link.

No way these are going through.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't meant to go up yet.

You're just dying to be pessimistic aren't ya?

Their customer service reps said the pre-order was legit. Since it was legit, it's likely that they had a cap. Cap met, pre-orders closed.

I could be wrong, but everything says otherwise.

I just got off the phone with Best Buy.

A) The rep said that orders will NOT be canceled until they receive shipments and send out the units. When they run out all other orders will be canceled. She didn't exactly sound like she was an expert on the subject, but still..

B) There is NO order to the last four digits of the order numbers. Those numbers are NOT in order, and they do NOT represent a number in line for one of the Best Buy units.

C) Any and all people that were charged on their credit cards were using Debit Cards. Companies will charge the full amount for authorization and then refund the money after the authorization is complete. Then once the unit is shipped you will be charged in full.

D) She confirmed that this was indeed legit, and that all orders had been received.

I have a feeling there will be more to this come Monday, but I was able to change my shipping to 2nd day and I was able to confirm all this. It should at least put some rumors to bed on this board...
From SA

LJ11

sonarrat said:
I have Froogle to thank for that. It was pretty well buried in the search results, but once I spotted it my eyes went as wide as dinner platters.

You went from purchasing a PS3 from some shady dealer, to possibly delivering PS3's for thousands. :lol

Thanks again man! Even if this doesn't goes through, you could have slept on this info, but you decided to share it with the rest of us.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
coqui900.jpg

I tip my 40's (and accidentally spilled both of them) to the fallen heroes of GAF who chose to go out tonight. :lol

M_A_C

I think it might be good. I'm guessing that they had a certain number (10K?) to put up for preorder, and then they stopped the preorders when those ran out.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This is such a mind****.

I ordered when this thread only had 15 posts, so I'm confident I'm in if this preorder is legit

LJ11 said:
Thanks again man! Even if this doesn't goes through, you could have slept on this info, but you decided to share it with the rest of us.

Yeah, thanks from me too. Even if this doesn't come through, thanks for sharing it with all of us.

The 20GB deal is still up. If this was an accident, it would be down as well.

Naturally, 60GB sold quicker. That means the cap was natural.

LJ11

BobTheFork said:
if thats true and they will cancel the orders after the cap, does that mean gaf got most of them : )?

GAF had a 30 minute jump on most sites, so it's looking real good for the guys who got in before 11:50pm.

sangreal

Alts said:
Coming Soon.
Good or bad?

Amazon.com did the same thing with their Wii preorders (setting it to coming soon instead of sold out) and those turned out legit.

Either way, I'm glad to see they stopped taking orders. The longer it went on the less likely we were to receive anything imo

I didn't get in on this until the word had spread to Fat Wallet, SlickDeals, CAG, etc...that was like an hour after the deal broke.

I was freaking watching Die Hard With a Vengeance on Encore for the fourth time today....

I just called customer service but they couldn't understand me because of my tears of joy/fear/confusion.

I was masturbating furiously anyway.

Joates

Banned
Wow, if this goes through... GAF (Sonnorat) pulls through in the clutch. Unfotunately my intentions are tainted. Ebay FT..W. And Ill probly be camping out with my dad for 2 more. Maybe.. just maybe Ill keep one.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
WickedAngel said:
The 20GB deal is still up. If this was an accident, it would be down as well.

Naturally, 60GB sold quicker. That means the cap was natural.

I checked about 10 mins ago, and both preorder links were down. Checked again just now, and both are still down.

Top Bottom