• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wonder if this preorder page was up for a while. It just took someone like sonarrat to uncover it from Froogle...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
you ebayers should atleast support some devs and bundle a game to go with the ps3's you sell, I doubt it will hurt your mean profits all that much.

dont have anything against ebaying ps3's, profit is profit, but i dont have anything against supporting hard working developers as well. :)

Bebpo

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
How much are warranties usually? I despise the idea of having to get one, but if it's not a steep hike in price, then I'll go for one. Otherwise I'll just sue Sony when it breaks. PEACE.

Either $50 or 10% so $60. X360 was $50.

no_to_co

jstevenson said:
Camping somewhere with a bunch of other Insomniacs. I'm trying to end up with a total of two... hopefully this is one of them.

JS
cool. I hope that Best Buy will clean up the preorders a bit and cancel the ones where people ordered more than one, or at least move them to the end of the cue.

Joates

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
you ebayers should atleast support some devs and bundle a game to go with the ps3's you sell, I doubt it will hurt your mean profits all that much.

Think Ill leave that to the buyer, if I pick a game for it, That inevitably limits my target demographic anyways, silly.

JCBossman said:
No, I DON'T this this is a phishing scam, what it's shaping up to be is that "Someone" NOT Best Buy, created those pages, BUT it is Definately INSIDE the Best buy OFFICAL system, maybe a disgrunted worker.

So a disgruntled worker managed to get all the CSRs to indicate that Best Buy knew about these pre-orders?

Alts

Check your order status on bestbuy.com

People on CAG are starting to get "1 item(s) backordered" messages

[edit] Mine still says preordered. Ordered at 8:52 pm PST

RumFore

Banned
pray4ys2.jpg

Please don't cancel my order. Please don't cancel my order. I will do good with the profit I make.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
JoatesDogg187 said:
Think Ill leave that to the buyer, if I pick a game for it, That inevitably limits my target demographic anyways, silly.
fair enough I suppose, but how much will somebody paying 1500 for a ps3 even care about what game you are including?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Alts said:
Check your order status on bestbuy.com

People on CAG are starting to get "1 item(s) backordered" messages

[edit] Mine still says preordered. Ordered at 8:52 pm PST

Ordered at 8:16 PM

sonarrat said:
I just called a CSR, and she said all the orders are going to be canceled. :/

what

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Mine still says "InProcess" and preordered. Where on the order page does it tell you the time, I only see the date it was ordered.

Mejilan

Ship Date: 11/17/06
Ordered: 11:14PM EST

(Please include your time zone when posting times.)

Bad_Boy said:
fair enough I suppose, but how much will somebody paying 1500 for a ps3 even care about what game you are including?
Some people care. And who is going to pay that much for a system and not get a game for it?

How much does it cost to bump it up to overnight?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Bad_Boy said:

dont have anything against ebaying ps3's, profit is profit, but i dont have anything against supporting hard working developers as well. :)

This idea, I think I could get behind. ;-)

JS

Bad_Boy said:

I'll do you one better. If I sell a PS3 on eBay, all of the profits will go to buy a ton of 360 and DS games and quite a few Wii games/accessories, plus Marketplace/VC cards, and so on.

Bebpo

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I'll do you one better. If I sell a PS3 on eBay, all of the profits will go to buy a ton of 360 and DS games and quite a few Wii games/accessories, plus Marketplace/VC cards, and so on.

Doen't help PS3 developers.

Oh wait. I forgot that scalping PS3s = Anti-Sony statement.

Crab Shaker

Doesn't pay his sources
I'm worried. Earlier when I would check status it said "shipping on 11/20/06" since I got two-day. now it just says "released 11/17/06" or something like that. God help me this better work.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Peter would be proud. What you do with your money is not my business, just putting my opinion out there. :)

JCBossman

Banned
Mejilan said:
What's VIDICATION, precious?

That I'm a Downer Dog, talking out my ass, I KNEW this wasn't real, I tried to warn people, I mean a company doesn't TELL you explictly that they are NOT doing pre-orders, than turns around and sneaks a pre-order in on sat. nite. Nobody likes to hear bad news.
I tried to tell them about the rabbit, but would they listen NO just a cute furry little bunny-Tim the Enchanter

Joates

Banned
Where can you check the shipping date and shit on your preorder? And the "inprocess"/"backordered" thing, not seeing it anywhere...

Mejilan

eudaemonic said:
I would put down "Negative Nancy" :lol

'Negative Nancy Drew' for all that selfless investigatin'!

JCBossman said:
That I'm a Downer Dog, talking out my ass, I KNEW this wasn't real, I tried to warn people, I mean a company doesn't TELL you explictly that they are NOT doing pre-orders, than turns around and sneaks a pre-order in on sat. nite. Nobody likes to hear bad news.
I tried to tell them about the rabbit, but would they listen NO just a cute furry little bunny-Tim the Enchanter

Well.

You can't make up a word, then use it without explaining it to us first.

Really.

I know someone who also called BB CS and the lady said there was not supposed to be PS3 pre-orders online and that its likely that all the orders will be canceled.

JCBossman said:

Well...what is the worst that can happen? We have our orders cancelled.

No risk here. All reward.

JCBossman said:
Great job, Carnak.
karnak.jpg

cvxfreak

MiamiWesker said:
I know someone who also called BB CS and the lady said there was not supposed to be PS3 pre-orders online and that its likely that all the orders will be canceled.

More fuel for the fire.

I'm no longer expecting a PS3 from BB. Oh well. It was a nice try either way.

Top Bottom