• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Tarazet

Wario64 said:
Just got up...someone summarize what has happening in the past 8 hours. Are we good or what

I just checked myself, and nobody has definitive answers. None of the orders have been pulled at this point.

We're all still in limbo.

Here's a quote of the Backorder email:

Faygo_MI said:
I dont post here often, more of a lurker on the other deal forums (i did not see the best buy preorder here I got that email) anyway I recieved a backorder email

Item Information
November 05, 2006
Order Number:

Dear Brian:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item earlier if it becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or have questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

If we do not hear from you before we ship the item, we will assume that you have agreed to this shipment delay.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Order Date: 11/05/2006
Order Number:

Qty
Product Description

Sony-PlayStation 3 60GB System-ABC

For complete order details, check your order status.

I'm sure we'll know within 24 hours. This will likely be one of the first things discussed if they have daily meetings. My orders were placed on the 4th. All of the backorders I've seen were on orders placed well into the 5th.

BuddyC

That's weird, I never got a backordered e-mail. And my order status reads "1 item(s) preordered, release date is 11/17/06."

Tarazet

BuddyC said:
That's weird, I never got a backordered e-mail. And my order status reads "Pre-Ordered."

I think that's only for people who had the door close on them as they were trying to check out.

PS I see your PM, thinking about it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For some reason I can only view my order by entering my order number, name and phone number. But it doesn't appear on my Best Buy account order history...

Mine seems like it's still good though

Tarazet

Wario64 said:
For some reason I can only view my order by entering my order number, name and phone number. But it doesn't appear on my Best Buy account order history...

Mine seems like it's still good though

All that means is you didn't log in when you placed the order. Shouldn't be any difference.

All that means is you didn't log in when you placed the order. Shouldn't be any difference.

Could you track it without it being linked to an account? Could you link it to an account if you made the account after ordering, but with the same e-mail?

cvxfreak

WickedAngel said:
We're all still in limbo.

Here's a quote of the Backorder email:

I'm sure we'll know within 24 hours. This will likely be one of the first things discussed if they have daily meetings. My orders were placed on the 4th. All of the backorders I've seen were on orders placed well into the 5th.

The 5th... on which time zone? If it's the east coast, then only orders before 9PM PST would have gotten in.

hyp

my order is still good. Inprocess and "Status: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 11/17/06."

Pimpwerx

sonarrat said:
No. Mine still shows as 1 item preordered, release date is 11/17/06.
Ditto. I'll just wait until the status changes now. I'm not really worried about it anymore. If it goes through, awesome. I'll be peeling caps launch week. If not, then I have another $550 to spend on my girl when I go home in a couple of weeks. No need to fret anymore. PEACE.

btf1980

Good news fellas....just posted on AVS, some guy contacted a Best Buy rep.

He said the preorder was real and the orders will be honored. He said the link was emailed to customers last night and that's how they intended to do it. But I did point blank ask him "Is this legitimate and will I get my system shipped on the 17th?". His exact words were "Yes sir, it was and your system is set to ship on the 17th".

Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=746112

cvxfreak said:
The 5th... on which time zone? If it's the east coast, then only orders before 9PM PST would have gotten in.

I'm not sure...I didn't even consider timezones. I live on the East Coast.

lachesis

Will they be sorting out for any people who ordered more than one?

Sorry for the ones who did, but it would increase the chance of getting one for many more people, then so be it...

btf1980

lachesis said:

Sorry for the ones who did, but it would increase the chance of getting one for many more people, then so be it...

I hope they cancel everyones order who ordered more than one. Some greedy **** I read ordered 8 PS3's. **** him. Cancel his order, and give it to the people who missed it.

no_to_co

lachesis said:

that's what I am hoping.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I didnt' order more than 1 because I felt it was too risky. If this turns out to be legit, I can't imagine them sending a household more than 1, if not cancelling their order outright. To order 12...

I think they'll cancel any orders on an account that push their total past 1~2. The people who ordered 5+ are just asking for it though.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Hooterville said:
Anyone know how many posts you have to have to start a new topic on these boards?

17 then after that you can also be nominated to be a mod, if your posts are sophisticated enough. So post wisely

sspeedy

hey guys,
after i placed my preorder last night, I got an email with a corfirmation etc. here's the rest of it:
"Dear XXXX
Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com. We have received your order, and it will be processed as soon as possible.

Shipping
We will send you an e-mail that includes the shipping date and tracking number of your item(s) once they are packed and ready to be shipped from our warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you. "

Does this mean I am royally screwed??

WickedAngel said:
I think they'll cancel any orders on an account that push their total past 1~2. The people who ordered 5+ are just asking for it though.
I was thinking the same thing, didn't want to push my luck.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
sspeedy said:
hey guys,
after i placed my preorder last night, I got an email with a corfirmation etc. here's the rest of it:
"Dear XXXX
Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com. We have received your order, and it will be processed as soon as possible.

Shipping
We will send you an e-mail that includes the shipping date and tracking number of your item(s) once they are packed and ready to be shipped from our warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you. "

Does this mean I am royally screwed??

What makes you think this email says you're screwed? Everyone gets this email when they order

sspeedy

Wario64 said:
What makes you think this email says you're screwed? Everyone gets this email when they order
because I skipped reading the first 14 pages so I didn't know if everyone got the same email :lol

Jeff-DSA

That AVS forum post makes me feel a lot better about it all. I'm starting to think that we're in the clear if we got in early, and I saw sonnart's post minutes after he put it up.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just woke up. No change. I item Preordered, ships 11/17/06. Status: InProcess. No "backordered" email. No second email of any kind has arrived. Ordered on 11/04/06, EST.

sspeedy said:
because I skipped reading the first 14 pages so I didn't know if everyone got the same email :lol
Everyone should read the first 14 pages whether they ordered or not...funny stuff. :)

WickedAngel said:
This thread basically covers the entire spectrum of human emotion.

wayne.jpg

gkryhewy

This reminds me of last year's WalMart launch 360s, where they took a bunch of orders over an unlinked web page for unbundled systems and honored them. Congrats to everyone who got in - I suspect you'll get your systems. Unfortunately I missed out, but maybe next time!

Tarazet

Moment of truth.. I thought to put my RZ card number in, so I hope I'm spared. I really do want to play RR7. :/

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
And so it begins. Hopefully early/single-adopters will be mercifully spared the knife...

cvxfreak

gbovo said:
this is not good. did you order more than one?

That's not mine, but I ordered one.

Got this from fatwallet as well, who got it from some other forum:

I jutst spoke to Simon in a Minnesota call center and he said that
everything is legit. He seemed to know what he was talking about. He stated
that the pre-order was not available through the website, only through the
link. As I was speaking to him he told me that the link just died and was no
longer available, therfore their alotment of preorders had been filled. I
went and clicked on it and he was right. He allowed me to upgrade my
shipping and gave me a new charge. The only thing that I don't like is that
he couldn't give me an exact number of pre-orders that were available, so it
seems that some will be cancelled. Keep your fingers crossed.......good
news is that it definitely is not a scam and we didn't all just give out cc