• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but did anybody else get the impression that Ken was running a Ponzi scheme? It just seemed like the textbook approach of guaranteeing high returns, and some of the language he was using when they were signing the paperwork sounded like it could have applied as well.

RDreamer

It's weird how little happens and how slow the show really is compared to how fucking hooked I am to it. I really want to know what happens next.

Tankard

It was a fantastic start. Kim is gonna break our heart, isn't she?

Interesting how Jimmy keeps trying to sabotage himself.

It was on Netflix in The Netherlands pretty early today. Checked this morning at 10.30 and it was already up.

I loved the episode btw. As others have said, not much seems to be happening but I'm sooo hooked.That scene with Kim and stockbroker guy. Loved it.

-griffy-

Banned
How do they empty those dumpsters with only two narrow doors?

There was a big garage door next to the door with the fire alarm, which probably was locked from the outside. That was the first thing I thought when I saw it was a garbage room, so I was paying attention to that :p

It was a fantastic start. Kim is gonna break our heart, isn't she?

Interesting how Jimmy keeps trying to sabotage himself.

Jimmy's the one who's going to break our hearts. I have a feeling his inevitable exit from the law firm is going to feel frustratingly stupid, much like it did when he initially turned it down at the beginning of this episode.

While you feel a bit of substitute imposter syndrome for the guy while he's given a tour of the office and a rundown of all the job's perks, he seems determined to throw it away. It's going to be frustrating to watch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well Portuguese Netflix might be a pile of shit, but it has Saul season 2 as it airs in America, I guess thats something

Product placement is working!

I want one too :(

When it came up at the end of BB and the beginning of this series, I never considered it product placement. It was all based on the idea that the audience would agree that managing a Cinnabon in Nebraska would seem like pure, living hell.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just love that the stock broker is the same guy that took Walt's parking spot in Breaking Bad S1. You mad geniuses you, Vince Gilligan and company!

Aiii

So not worth it
Wait, what? :O

Screen+Captures1.jpg
Ken doesn't win a lot in the Breaking Bad-verse.

scabro

This is what I got from it too. As much as he wants to act out, he's put himself in a place where his inner sense of rebellion has no meaning.

Edit: Actually, I think my take was a bit more depressing than what it was meant to come off as. I liked AV Club's explanation here:

yeah i felt the former as well while watching it but that AV Club explanation is great.

Regardless, that tiny act of defiance is an invisible graffito on those tastefully appointed office walls: Slippin’ Jimmy was here.

thats a good connection to the beginning that i didnt initially make.

Schrade

Kim's smile at Jimmy after they'd done the Tequila con made me feel sooo damn happy for them both at that moment.

I totally got that "This is the start of a great relationship" vibe. We know that isn't going to come out well, of course.

Just loved that smile.

VAD

I don't know why but the montage when he
meets his coworkers at the firm
made me tear up a bit. This show manages to make everyone lovable, (except the Playuh) it will be heartbreaking when the shit will hit the fan. Even though I know everything will blow up in his face, I keep watching hoping he will somehow do the right thing and live happily ever after.

Scene with Ken was great. How he laughs when both Saul and Kim leave the place, he clearly thinks he got new customers until his looks at the receit. That was a fun scene. I don't exactly understand what the IT guy is trying to achieve by calling the police, of course they are going to find out what the burglar was really after.

Interesting to see that he eventually did take the job. Oh and that intro was great. That's basically all after the events of BB, right? He really did seem reluctant to open that door and trigger the police. But why? It's not like he's a fugitive? It has been a while since I finished BB..... so...

GavinGT

Banned
Interesting to see that he eventually did take the job. Oh and that intro was great. That's basically all after the events of BB, right? He really did seem reluctant to open that door and trigger the police. But why? It's not like he's a fugitive? It has been a while since I finished BB..... so...

The vacuum repair guy in Breaking Bad gave him a new identity. He's now Gene from Omaha. Anything that would arouse police suspicion is unwanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom