• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
Lovely, lovely episode.

I don't know why but the montage when he
meets his coworkers at the firm
made me tear up a bit. This show manages to make everyone lovable, (except the Playuh) it will be heartbreaking when the shit will hit the fan. Even though I know everything will blow up in his face, I keep watching hoping he will somehow do the right thing and live happily ever after.

How fucking incredible would it be if the show breaks from Breaking Bad continuity.

rekameohs

Banned
I don't know why but the montage when he
meets his coworkers at the firm
made me tear up a bit. This show manages to make everyone lovable, (except the Playuh) it will be heartbreaking when the shit will hit the fan. Even though I know everything will blow up in his face, I keep watching hoping he will somehow do the right thing and live happily ever after.
Playuh's lovable in his own way. Just like the Kettlemans were. Something about the Jerry Lundegaard-esque folksy incompetence is just really entertaining.

Fatalah

I'm guessing the switch did nothing - it's clearly an obedience test for new partners of the firm. :p

We just witnessed the death of Slippin' Jimmy and birth of Switchin' Jimmy.

It could just be an HVAC switch, nothing serious. Young Saul flipping the switch without a care shows us how different things are in present day, as Saul extremely fears the emergency exit sign.

I was just wondering, is the Cinnabun a real chain in the US? Probably not.

Its the home away from home for all fat people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQ0mqr69Vs

Have you ever wanted a cake with jizz all over it? Then you are in luck

XdujMld.jpg

inm8num2

It could just be an HVAC switch, nothing serious. Young Saul flipping the switch without a care shows us how different things are in present day, as Saul extremely fears the emergency exit sign.

For sure on the contrast between Jimmy's past/present mindsets - it was a nice way of adding bookends to the episode. I was just kidding around in my post. ;)

Evo X

For those wondering what the switch does, I'm pretty sure it's for ventilation. I have something similar in the laundry room of my house in SoCal.

TRSMjiU.jpg

It is't about the switch. Its that he turns on it off when it explicitly says NOT TO SWITCH IT OFF.

It shows us that even though Jimmy has gone "legit", he doesn't care about "doing the right thing" as much anymore as he did in the first season.

Ogni-XR21

Good first episode. Somehow I'm always a little tense/nervous when watching this show because I constantly expect something horrible will happen...

Ingram

Do we know for a fact that the black and white scenes are post BB? Is it proven within the show and not a show maker saying so?

Fury451

Banned
Do we know for a fact that the black and white scenes are post BB? Is it proven within the show and not a show maker saying so?

It's pretty obvious by the fact that Jimmy is older, paranoid, and has Bob Oedenkirk's real hair (i.e basically bald) as opposed to the gradually thinning progression he had from Saul to BB. Plus him watching old commercials was the last framing device.

And that him managing a Cinnabun in Omaha was foreshadowed. Unless they're going with a "he's dead all along" twist or something.

I think it's proven when in the first scene he was watching his own Better Call Saul commercials on tape. Plus, didn't he say something in BB like "I'll be working in a Cinnabon in Omaha somewhere" after shit went down in season 5?

The fact that he was so paranoid about alerting the police that he would rather spend a night in the trash room would make no sense if it wasn't post BB.

In the opening scene of the first season, Saul (now Gene) takes a video tape that was well hidden in his apartment and starts watching old Saul Goodman commercials.

Black_Red

I'm guessing the switch did nothing - it's clearly an obedience test for new partners of the firm. :p

We just witnessed the death of Slippin' Jimmy and birth of Switchin' Jimmy.

I thought it was the alarm (at the side of the window), and if it didn't sound when he turned it off I guess that means he can rob the place (I hope I'm wrong).

Kickz

I kept waiting for the Scandinavian accented IT guy to have his head on a turtle walking across the desert at any point during that episode.. And then he calls the cops...idiot...

Still an AMAZING first episode, so good to have this show back.

Septic360

Banned
Man...you know shit's going to hit the fan eventually but you don't want it to.

I hope the way he finally adopts Saul Goodman has an epic story behind it.

I rarely like prequels but this is just brilliant. Its not the end result but the journey to it that is really fascinating.

-griffy-

Banned
They didn't mask it to look like one in Nebraska? I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder

There's no blunder. In the show it's in Omaha, but the actual shooting location is a location in New Mexico (where they shoot the rest of the show). They absolutely dressed it up with the proper set dressing:
YAqETu2l.png

UIQzMnLl.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

2.57 million viewers and a 1.06 A18-49 rating

(up from the season 1 finale and about in line with the season 1 average)

Mathezar

Hadn't thought of that. At first I thought Saul didn't want to cause the fire alarm to go off in case the police would come and start asking questions and risk blowing his 'cover'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom