• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyBear

The way she acted when she first told him about it seemed like she was hiding something. Why so against him staying if she's that scared?

The way she just turned around and left after he said "i'll get you out of here" was weird. No thank you? No hug?

The way she was adamant about the chipped plaster being new was weird.

Either way it probably doesn't matter since it doesn't seem like he's going to confront her about it, unless she does something like that again. I just don't think it's crazy to not take her actions at face value.

I agree, there's too many clues to suggest she's manipulating him. A scene last season alluded to the same thing, that she was using sympathy to get money.

It doesn't fit with Mike's character at all though, because he'd surely see it coming. We've been led to believe he's very sharp, so to be fooled by his daughter-in-law would be odd. I think they're deliberately trying to confuse the issue for some sort of payoff later.

Aiii

So not worth it
I agree, there's too many clues to suggest she's manipulating him. A scene last season alluded to the same thing, that she was using sympathy to get money.

It doesn't fit with Mike's character at all though, because he'd surely see it coming. We've been led to believe he's very sharp, so to be fooled by his daughter-in-law would be odd. I think they're deliberately trying to confuse the issue for some sort of payoff later.

He's blinded by love for his grandchild and even more, feels an obligation to them because of his son. He's the de-facto man of that family and he's going to provide for them.

Not really hard to see the reasoning there. He knows what she is doing, he just accepts it because he feels an obligation to them.

diamount

Banned
I don't think they're gonna love it, I think he'll get a bollocking for targeting sandpiper, I'm sure in the video it actually said "if you go to sandpiper" and surely that's illegal?

There was no direct targeting in the ad, just if you are an assisted living resident. I think Sandpiper have the monopoly in the areas they are targeting though.

JoeNut

There was no direct targeting in the ad, just if you are an assisted living resident. I think Sandpiper have the monopoly in the areas they are targeting though.

Oh i thought they actually mentioned sandpiper, maybe i imagined it.

The advert worked amazingly well but i can see why the boss is going nuts, he's not seen it and jimmy used their logo.

ACE 1991

Something I didn't quite understand in the most recent episode:

Why did Saul need to go over his boss's head and rush to shoot and release the ad without approval from the firm? Was he afraid they wouldn't be down with the ad he wanted to create?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Something I didn't quite understand in the most recent episode:

Why did Saul need to go over his boss's head and rush to shoot and release the ad without approval from the firm? Was he afraid they wouldn't be down with the ad he wanted to create?
I think he knew the entire process to get the commercial approved would take weeks and be a giant pain in the ass and didn't want to wait. They had multiple meetings over the swirl in the mesothileoma commercial.

Jonathan Banks was right,

BB SPOILERS

Mike wouldn't leave his grandchild at the park

UrbanRats

I think he knew the entire process to get the commercial approved would take weeks and be a giant pain in the ass and didn't want to wait. They had multiple meetings over the swirl in the mesothileoma commercial.

BB SPOILERS

Damn i forgot about that.
But maybe that can play with that, make it an element of character growth.

rekameohs

Banned

BB SPOILERS

Breaking Bad spoilers

My justification for that is that I think that Mike still thinks that there's some way, just some way that he can still get her the money, even though it had been taken by the cops twice already, and getting captured then and there would forever end any chance of that.

Monocle

Man, I LOVE this show. Saul is such a GREAT character.

Thank you so much Vince.
Absolutely.

The podcast gave me a new appreciation for the writers, actors, and other creatives behind this wonderful show. I just listened to the very first one. So many fascinating behind the scenes tidbits in there. And the one for Squat Cobbler (Ep. 202) is hilarious.

-griffy-

Banned
Absolutely.

The podcast gave me a new appreciation for the writers, actors, and other creatives behind this wonderful show. I just listened to the very first one. So many fascinating behind the scenes tidbits in there. And the one for Squat Cobbler (Ep. 202) is hilarious.

They also did essentially the same podcast for Breaking Bad, for every episode from season 2 to the end, and it's worth a revisit if you missed out on it.

Vlad

Absolutely.

They also did the same thing for Breaking Bad from the second season onwards.

EDIT: Well, that'll teach me to leave a tab open for 15 minutes before replying to it.

Micapo

They also did the same thing for Breaking Bad from the second season onwards.

EDIT: Well, that'll teach me to leave a tab open for 15 minutes before replying to it.

Is this as good as the BCS podcast (Kelley and Vince for that as well but as many guests, characters and interesting dialog)?

I've been listening to the insider podcast for BCS season 2 and enjoyed it immensely and it really adds more depth to this brilliant season.

It also makes me want to rewatch Breaking Bad and the podcast might be the deciding factor :)

-griffy-

Banned
Is this as good as the BCS podcast (Kelley and Vince for that as well but as many guests, characters and interesting dialog)?

I've been listening to the insider podcast for BCS season 2 and enjoyed it immensely and it really adds more depth to this brilliant season.

It also makes me want to rewatch Breaking Bad and the podcast might be the deciding factor :)

It's absolutely as good, since it's the same thing! Kelley hosts again, and Vince is in every episode, along with a rotating group of guests that encompasses everything from cast, director of photography, writers, directors, etc. The early episodes aren't as polished since they were still figuring everything out and getting comfortable, but the insight into every facet of production is there and amazing. If you dig the Better Call Saul podcast then you'll dig the Breaking Bad one for sure.

It's really a must listen if you have any interest in behind the scenes or filmmaking or Breaking Bad.

Monocle

It's absolutely as good, since it's the same thing! Kelley hosts again, and Vince is in every episode, along with a rotating group of guests that encompasses everything from cast, director of photography, writers, directors, etc. The early episodes aren't as polished since they were still figuring everything out and getting comfortable, but the insight into every facet of production is there and amazing. If you dig the Better Call Saul podcast then you'll dig the Breaking Bad one for sure.

It's really a must listen if you have any interest in behind the scenes or filmmaking or Breaking Bad.
Wow, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'm on the same page as Micapo: this could push me to rewatch the full series.

Micapo

That sounds amazing and exactly what I hoped for but couldn't count on. Thanks!

Walpurgis

Banned
I am seriously loving this show. It is easily the best show currently airing. It really breaks my heart that my family dropped out during season 1 because of the slow pace. I know they would have loved Mike's episodes. I hope it will become easier for them to binge watch. Week to week really was slow last season but the payoff was worth it.

Saul is currently pissing me off with illegal stuff. I know where it ends but it hurts to watch. Kim is right, he doesn't need to break the law and he has a dream job. I know Kim will leave him since he will continue this and that sucks since I really like her. This is all that wrinkling baby Chuck's fault. I hope Saul goes to his house and turns on all the electricity. I guess that would hurt Hamilton who has turned out to be a pretty nice guy. Ugh!
I don't think they're gonna love it, I think he'll get a bollocking for targeting sandpiper, I'm sure in the video it actually said "if you go to sandpiper" and surely that's illegal?
I think Kim would have caught that when she watched it. Saul's control freak boss will probably hate it anyway. "It's your department", what a dick.

Mike wasn't fooled. He knows that she's lying but he cares for her and his granddaughter. He will do anything to make them happy. He lost his career, his son and is stuck at this dead end job. Those two are all he has in this world. I hope the daughter in law gets through this and doesn't hurt Mike.

-griffy-

Banned
Michael Mando is gonna be live tweeting tonight.
Cc_h2xuWEAEj1ir.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom